Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Booking Seats - Why Bother

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,ex-AC*SE,ex-AC*E,ex-AC*P, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Gold, HH Gold
Thumbs down Pre Booking Seats - Why Bother

On May 5th 2007 I booked a flight (paid for not points) for my wife and myself YOW-LHR on ACA888. We selected seats 12A and 12C at the time. I went to on-line check for the flight, only to find we had been reassigned seats 12E and 12F(There was NO equipment change, it had been a 763 from day 1). A middle seat is not our preferred choice! To ensure I got acceptable seats I chose 12C for my wife and 12D for myself. When I had a chance, I phoned reservations in an attempt to reslove the situation. The agent tried his best to sort out the problem, but according to his computer I was still in 12A and my wife in 12C, whilst the online checkin showed me in 12D and my wife in 12C with 12A occupied. The agent asked me to hold for a few minutes. When he came back, he asked me if I had selected 16K for my seat, and 12C for my wife. The answer was NO! It seems that the computer has automagically sent me to 16K.

This seems to make a mockery of the pre-assigned seating concept, even if the seats are changed, could an effort not be made to assign best available, 12D and 12C were available why put some one in a middle seat. Would it not be prudent to advise the passengers of the change?

ex-egll
Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
From your flight could you tell who exactly ended up with your seats?

I agree this is dispicable and particularly your being an Elite, unacceptable. A complaint to Customer Relations would likely only get you some boilerplate saying "pre-assigned seats cannot be guaranteed" and apologizing for your inconvenience. Though it might also elicit a few AeroPesos...
Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,ex-AC*SE,ex-AC*E,ex-AC*P, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Gold, HH Gold
Thats the plan!

E-mail already sent, but I won't hold my breath for a response!

ex-egll
Old Sep 21, 2007, 9:32 am

Is it possible that your original seats were fitted out for a bassinet? I know that sometimes people in row 12 on some 767 flights get moved to accommodate babies due to the bassinets. Where you were moved does not quite jive with that, however.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 9:56 am

I still don't know where the OP ended up sitting?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:05 am
Original Poster

12C and 12D, and don't bother telling me thats not bad and that it could be worse - -I agree, but it is not what was assigned and Air Canada are unable (or unwilling) to tell me why. If it is a person with a disability who finished up in 12A (unlikely to be given a window seat) or a person with a young child who needs a basinette (unlikely again, as I would imagine an aisle seet would be appropriate) then OK BUT 12DEF were open and as far as I know they are basinette equipped.

ex-egll
Old Sep 22, 2007, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by ex-egll
12C and 12D, and don't bother telling me thats not bad and that it could be worse - -I agree, but it is not what was assigned and Air Canada are unable (or unwilling) to tell me why. If it is a person with a disability who finished up in 12A (unlikely to be given a window seat) or a person with a young child who needs a basinette (unlikely again, as I would imagine an aisle seet would be appropriate) then OK BUT 12DEF were open and as far as I know they are basinette equipped.

ex-egll
Air Canada always pulls these stunts on me. My assigned seat often changes, and it isn't very good to begin with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.