Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

save an extra 10% off fares within Canada (Sept 19 bookings only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

I received the following email - I don't think it's targeted

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/air/wsd/wsd.html

Flying within Canada? Here's an exclusive promotional code to save an extra 10% off our Canada fares for travel until December 12th. Book today only, September 19th at aircanada.com and save!

Also, take advantage of this week's low fares to popular U.S. and international destinations.

====================
Exclusive one day only online discount - save an extra 10% off our fares within Canada

Just book your flight within Canada here at aircanada.com for travel completed by October 31, 2007. Remember, with Tango Plus you can enjoy benefits such as 100% Air Canada Status Miles and complimentary advance seat selection.

To get your discount, you must enter this promotion code when booking:
P9VC9ZY1

This exclusive discount will be displayed when you choose your flight. This offer is only available on new bookings until September 19, 2007 midnight (EST).
Old Sep 19, 2007, 6:27 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
The email I received says valid for travel until Dec 12.
But if you click on the link for the promo code, it says all travel must
be completed by Oct 31.

the usual AC IT screwups?
So which is it?
Old Sep 19, 2007, 7:01 am

Programs: AP, AM, HH, HG, MR
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
The email I received says valid for travel until Dec 12.
But if you click on the link for the promo code, it says all travel must
be completed by Oct 31.

the usual AC IT screwups?
So which is it?
I just booked a transcon for November using the code and it shaved $75 of the fare.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 7:25 am

Programs: AC*E
It's Dec 12. I mistakenly entered Dec 15 and got the following error:

"The promotion code provided can only be used for travel from September 17, 2007 to December 12, 2007. Please review your travel dates."
Old Sep 19, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I wish the call centre could just refund the 10% back on my Lat bookings instead of having to cancel them. But ~$50 savings for each 10 mins of trouble is too good to pass up.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 2:12 pm

here is the code

P9vc9zy1
Old Sep 19, 2007, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Interesting! While in the middle of booking a roundtrip YYZ-YUL for next week using this code, the base fares all went up by $5 each, so my ticket is $10 more expensive than when I started booking it. Can you imagine going to buy gas and being told that the price went up mid-tank?

Also, anyone else notice, that you cannot request the "no checked luggage" discount either when using the promo code?

Last edited by margarita girl; Sep 19, 2007 at 6:58 pm
Old Sep 19, 2007, 7:09 pm

Programs: AE, AA
Thanks for the heads-up

I've been checking Vancouver fares for a trip in October, so this came at a great time. I saved over $100 for 2 T+ fares with which to play aerolotto.

Cheers
Old Sep 19, 2007, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Interesting! While in the middle of booking a roundtrip YYZ-YUL for next week using this code, the base fares all went up by $5 each, so my ticket is $10 more expensive than when I started booking it. Can you imagine going to buy gas and being told that the price went up mid-tank?
Check the UA forums - many there complain of a similar problem but worse, where when using a promo code for 10% off from a targeted e-mail, international fares seem to go up hundreds of dollars, making a fare with a 10% coupon well more expensive then just booking a fare without the coupon.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl
you cannot request the "no checked luggage" discount either when using the promo code?
Yes I noticed that too - I was all set to save $3 on my day trip YVR-YYZ but never got the option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.