Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Reward Travel - 1 Segment of route discontinued

Old Sep 15, 07, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

I had an Aeroplan Rewards ticket that was flying from YYZ-LAS-ANC and then returning ANC-DEN-YYZ with the connecting flights on United & USAir. When calling United to request a seat, I found out that they discontinued their ANC flights almost 3 months ago and I have not been notified as of yet. When I called Air Canada, they said they cant do anything since all the reward seats on USAir are all booked up now and they dont have any management available until Monday night (our flights start a week from Monday). Anyone run into this problem before and what did Air Canada do to resolve your issue?
Old Sep 15, 07, 10:48 pm

You will have to contact the Aeroplan centre and ask them to transfer you to the schedule change dept. They have more "power" in making changes, finding and requesting seats from partner airlines or taking regular AC revenue seats and converting them to reward seats.

I had a similar issue, as I had a First Class ticket on LH from Toronto that was booked in OCT'06 for Summer '07 travel. In Dec '06 LH canceled First Class from Toronto as they were no longer using the same aircraft. I contacted Aeroplan who verified the change and then they connected me to the schedule change dept. who was able to route me via Montreal where LH still offers First Class and they contacted LH to open up some F seats.

The agent in the scheduling dept (Montreal) I believe there is one also in YVR, told me that LH is the most difficult in requesting reward seat inventory. She did tell me that UA was the most co-operative. The agent in YUL was fantastic. Great customer service.
Old Sep 16, 07, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
There have been times when AC abandons a route and AE award seats are involved that protection will be provided on a non-affiliated carrier. Very rare but has happened. However, US/HP flies into ANC so they will find you a seat out of revenue. Just needs to be done through a separate department that doesn't work 24/7.

Search this Thread