Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

1000 bonus aeroplan miles with emerald club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 bonus aeroplan miles with emerald club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 8:15 am

I have confirmed this morning that the 1000 points have now been credited to my Aeroplan account.

Let's hope that the miles post to everyone else's account within the next couple of days.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: AC Elite
Did they post under the current date? I'll expect mine tomorrow or the next day based on how far along I trailed you with the emails to National! Will update FT.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by propofol
Did they post under the current date? I'll expect mine tomorrow or the next day based on how far along I trailed you with the emails to National! Will update FT.
This is the exact posting that I copy and pasted.

Feb 21 NATIONAL CAR CUSTOMER SERVICENATIONAL -- 1,000
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
1000 miles

Still waiting for mine to be posted. I'll wait a few more days, and then, if nothing happens, let the e-mail campaign begin!
Old Feb 23, 2008, 12:06 am

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Originally Posted by imverge
This is the exact posting that I copy and pasted.

Feb 21 NATIONAL CAR CUSTOMER SERVICENATIONAL -- 1,000
darn... still waiting for mine...
Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:43 am

Programs: AC*SE, National Emerald Club Executive, Best Western Gold Crown
6 months, 27 rentals, and 15 emails after joining I still have not seen the miles. I feel cheated, lied to, and ripped off by National (a couple emails from them suggested that Air Canada had really let me down by not honoring their promotion!!!!) National is an absolutely awful company when it comes to their loyalty program, and I have ceased using them ever.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:16 pm

I have yet to see my 3k miles (1,000 + 2,000 for first rental) from them.

It's too bad, I really enjoy National's "Emerald Aisle" style of rental.... unless I get a favorable result and soon, I'll send my EC card back and never do business with them.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by YQL-2B
6 months, 27 rentals, and 15 emails after joining I still have not seen the miles. I feel cheated, lied to, and ripped off by National (a couple emails from them suggested that Air Canada had really let me down by not honoring their promotion!!!!) National is an absolutely awful company when it comes to their loyalty program, and I have ceased using them ever.
May I recommend Avis? I had to use National for several years and I absolutely hated them. They always had the fewest number of shuttle buses. I hated their system of picking your own car.

Luckily my company switched back to Avis a couple of years ago. I've even been getting extra points from their latest promo (for 2 day rentals only) which is as follows:

1st rental 500 Aeroplan Miles + 100 Bonus Aeroplan Miles = 600
2nd rental 500 Aeroplan Miles + 250 Bonus Aeroplan Miles = 750
3rd rental 500 Aeroplan Miles + 500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles = 1,000
This is what I've been getting:
  • My first 2 day rental, I got 500 + 100 bonus miles. Correct.
  • My second 2 day rental, I got 500 + 100 + 250 bonus miles? (should have been 750 total, not 850)
  • I just had 2 one day rentals (one in YQB and one in YUL) and somehow, they gave me a credit for 500 miles for my 3rd 2 day rental? So I got 1500 miles instead of 1000. Still not sure how this happened since I didn't even enter the coupon code when I made my reservations knowing that they wouldn't qualify!

Plus I find Avis Customer Service excellent. If there are any problems whatsoever with my rental, they will usually send me $30 in certificates for future use. If I don't have any certs and I have a personal rental coming up, I just call them and will comp me some free days.

They have my loyalty!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 3:46 pm

Last edited by nonyflyer; Aug 20, 2013 at 11:20 pm
Old Feb 29, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by nonyflyer
I was able to contact someone at the top of customer service with Aeroplan via email and he sent my information to a manager. I just got this note in my email:

"Dear Mr. Jordan,
I just wanted to let you know. Your information has been added to our list we send to Air Canada. You are due 1000 bonus miles and we are doing all we can to get them posted. We are working with Air Canada on this and hope we can get these bonus miles posted as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in this matter."

I felt very cheated. Aeroplan and National treated me as if I was a scammer trying to get some extra points I wasn't entitled to. Not only that, I promoted this bonus offer via my travel blog. Finally some recognition that the promotion did exist! We're not crazy! Finally, thank you national and aeroplan.
Two weeks after getting exactly the same email reply, I have yet to see the 1000 points posted to my aeroplan account.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 7:00 am
k22

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
Originally Posted by YQL-2B
I have a similar experience. I joined up and used them half a dozen times during 2007. I never saw a single point. I've switched to Hertz!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 3:01 pm

Anybody besides imverge had their points post? I e-mailed their big Canadian guy about two weeks ago and was told to "give it a few days"...

Still no bonus.

Time to unleash the hounds I think.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Nope. Very pi**ed!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 3:25 pm

I would suggest filing a complaint with The BBB and Ontario Consumer affairs. I would also suggest going over Marc's head and contact the presidents office. I wonder if he/she is aware of the mess of things and horrible pr this has caused.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 3:28 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Originally Posted by propofol
Nope. Very pi**ed!
same here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.