Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The never-ending 777 route shuffling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The never-ending 777 route shuffling

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:31 am

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
Originally Posted by Simon
a) the vast majority of the flying public is not a frequent traveller;
b) a sizable number of frequent travellers have their arrangements done by corporate TAs, who again, are not making a decision based on 777 vs. 763.

Simon
You guys kill me with your made-up statistics. I've had analysis done, and 84% of your posts are quoting non-existent measurements. Any corp of size now has online booking, and people arrange the flight times to match the planes they want. Sure on YUL-YYZ it doesn't matter, but for YYZ-YVR, you better believe it does.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Please go out on Yonge Street this afternoon and ask people what the difference is between an Airbus 319, a Boeing 767-200ER and a Embraer 190.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:13 am
ALW

I thought the discussion was of people who fly, not the general public. Try the same test at Pearson in the security lines leading to AC gates.

(I actually think most people don't know the difference, except big planes vs. small planes -- RJs and similar crap -- but we're talking about AC's passengers, or flyers in general, and not the masses).

=aw
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kellytoronto
You guys kill me with your made-up statistics. I've had analysis done, and 84% of your posts are quoting non-existent measurements. Any corp of size now has online booking, and people arrange the flight times to match the planes they want. Sure on YUL-YYZ it doesn't matter, but for YYZ-YVR, you better believe it does.
Not true.I fly YSB/YYZ/YVR/YLW in a couple of weeks.The YYZ/YVR is on a A321.I could sit around and wait a few hours for a 763. Not.I would prefer a domestic 767 over a 321,agreed.Will transit as quickly as possible instead(I did call and receive my u/g)

I want to get there.I do over a 100 segments a year and waiting for plane types would add up to too much wasted time.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:22 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Mrs. Zorn, who is not only beautiful but also quite brilliant, is not able to tell me (within hours of the flight) whether the plane had TV's for everyone on the backs of the seats.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Simon
Please go out on Yonge Street this afternoon and ask people what the difference is between an Airbus 319, a Boeing 767-200ER and a Embraer 190.
I will ask on St.Catherines Street here in Montreal.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zorn
Mrs. Zorn, who is not only beautiful but also quite brilliant, is not able to tell me (within hours of the flight) whether the plane had TV's for everyone on the backs of the seats.

The lovely Mrs. acysb87 has learned that I should verify a J u/g for her in the 1st 3 rows of the a/c.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
Originally Posted by acysb87
Not true.I fly YSB/YYZ/YVR/YLW in a couple of weeks.The YYZ/YVR is on a A321.I could sit around and wait a few hours for a 763. Not.I would prefer a domestic 767 over a 321,agreed.Will transit as quickly as possible instead(I did call and receive my u/g)

I want to get there.I do over a 100 segments a year and waiting for plane types would add up to too much wasted time.
Those of us that are of the 73% of Canadians that live in 90% of the large cities don't need to wait for connections on the 57% of AC's domestic fleet that does 85% of the longer domestic flights.

If you lived in Toronto, you'd schedule your flights to not be on a 767/320 if you could arrange it (assuming you flew in J).

Last edited by Simon; Sep 28, 2007 at 9:16 pm Reason: removed personal attack
Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Exclamation Please stay on topic

The topic of this thread is "The never-ending 777 route shuffling", not "criticize/discuss other members because I don't agree with their opinions."

Please remain on topic.

Thanks,

Simon
Moderator - AC
Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by ALW
I thought the discussion was of people who fly, not the general public. Try the same test at Pearson in the security lines leading to AC gates.

(I actually think most people don't know the difference, except big planes vs. small planes -- RJs and similar crap -- but we're talking about AC's passengers, or flyers in general, and not the masses).
Fair enough.

You would, in all likelihood, get approximately the same answer.

Simon
Old Sep 30, 2007, 5:57 am

I forgot to mention when the 77L was switched to a 763, "I" availability was dropped from 9 to zero.

77L and 763 are not equivalent equipment. For example, many Y seats in XM'd 763 have only 31" seat pitch while it's 32" for the 77L and 34" for many Y seats in the A343.

I am glad that I have the authority to tell my corporate TA to book how I would like to travel rather than being told by the corporate TA how I would travel in reverse.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 6:40 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
LHR-YYZ the 777 in NOV. keeps going from 777- 343/767. 3 times thus far.

I decide on what carrier to travel by the equipment.

So finally I gave up. Rather than chance it, I booked via ORD, I know it will be 777.
If I am paying premium fare, I do not want to end up on cr**ppy 763.
When I have other options and time.

I do not play aerolotto and will certainly not play equipmentlotto!!!
Old Sep 30, 2007, 7:36 am

Do you believe you represent a "typical" Canadian airline passenger?
Old Sep 30, 2007, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyzprincess

So finally I gave up. Rather than chance it, I booked via ORD, I know it will be 777.

Are you sure yyzprincess? The 763 old J class is still nicer and more spacious than the current UA C (unless you are on a plane with the new C but I don't think those are rolled out yet?). Also, connecting through ORD is a bit of a hassle as opposed to the straight shot out of YYZ. Just an idea, but if you are worried about the old J on AC, why not just fly BA with their NCCW??
Old Sep 30, 2007, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by yyzprincess

So instead you are going to play oharescrewuplotto? That's crazy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.