FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   O/T Very Unprofessional CATSA agents in YUL oogling attractive females (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/687196-o-t-very-unprofessional-catsa-agents-yul-oogling-attractive-females.html)

1st Class Gekko Apr 27, 2007 8:27 am

O/T Very Unprofessional CATSA agents in YUL oogling attractive females

I wanted to raise an issue with CATSA and was looking for input. For the last few weeks my co-worker (who is female) and I have connected in YUL from the US side to the domestic Canadian side of the airport.

I have noticed that the CATSA agents are very obviously checking out every attractive female PAX at Domestic security well before the females approach the metal detector. The CATSA agents are blatantly nudging, pointing and shouting at each other, sometimes across multiple security lines nodding to their buddies to "randomly" search these ladies so they can get a better look/feel.

My co-worker and I have both noticed and commented on the unprofessionalism and told them to be a bit more discrete. Yesterday was the icing on the cake as for the 3rd week in a row this happend to my co-worker. She refused to be searched confronted them on it and said if they continue a complaint would be filed. They were obviously embarassed and let her go without the search. To remedy this situation we would both like to file complaints since this is unacceptable behavior to endure.

Any ideas where to file the complaint?

shore9 Apr 27, 2007 8:44 am

by letting her go without a search, they are IMO at least basically admitting fault. Very unprofessional.

slashd0t Apr 27, 2007 8:46 am

I think by complaining you are overall helping the security issues we face. This is clearly unprofessional and does not help the overall strategy of helping people feel more comfortable while traveling.

ABG Apr 27, 2007 8:54 am

Originally Posted by 1st Class Gekko (Post 7649314)
Any ideas where to file the complaint?

http://www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca/english...s_plaintes.cfm

dodgy Apr 27, 2007 9:25 am

These 19 year old hormone machines have no idea what "random" is. Stop thinking with the little CATSA agent below, and try paying attention for just a minute... I know that's a lot to ask.

Do the CATSA "agents" hand search her bags all the time too?

d

Lornag Apr 27, 2007 9:28 am

Are women allowed to request a female employee to do the body search?

Lorna

mikeyyz Apr 27, 2007 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Lornag (Post 7649683)

Lorna

Yes

Fiumicino Apr 27, 2007 11:30 am

I have noticed the same thing at transborder security and that is very unprofessional. CATSA in YUL and YQB should be replaced.

skeena1 Apr 27, 2007 11:36 am

My travelling partners and I used to have a rule...in order to avoid further search / questioning - always line up ahead or behind :

a) someone who appears to be from "another country"

b) an attractive woman.

Sadly, it worked all too well. On both sides of the border.

YOWkid Apr 27, 2007 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Lornag (Post 7649683)

Lorna

They shouldn't have to request. It should just happen.

1st Class Gekko Apr 27, 2007 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by dodgy (Post 7649654)
These 19 year old hormone machines have no idea what "random" is. Stop thinking with the little CATSA agent below, and try paying attention for just a minute... I know that's a lot to ask.

Do the CATSA "agents" hand search her bags all the time too?

d

I wish it was a 19 yr old kid on a hormone rage....these are middle aged creeps and I will not stand for it.

EWANMEBABE Apr 27, 2007 1:38 pm

simply ask for female to search ? not rocket science really and maybe beg the question if been oggled "what are you actually looking at ?"

wali Apr 27, 2007 2:58 pm

I had the COMPLETE opposite happen to me...
A very very attractive woman was in front of me at security at YUL transborder.
The CATSA agent didnt say a word to her just let her thru ...I on the other hand got the full search about 3 minutes worth, went thru everything only to find nothing!
I guess there is a first time for everything!

wali

anti_ice Apr 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by wali (Post 7651462)
I had the COMPLETE opposite happen to me...
A very very attractive woman was in front of me at security at YUL transborder.
The CATSA agent didnt say a word to her just let her thru ...I on the other hand got the full search about 3 minutes worth, went thru everything only to find nothing!
I guess there is a first time for everything!

wali

Maybe the screener though YOU were the more attractive one and were thus selected. :p

The person behind YOU got no more than a glance...

mikew44 Apr 27, 2007 3:38 pm

CATSA and unprofessional used in the same sentence? :eek: :eek: :D

-mike