777 It's Here, It's Awesome, Enjoy

Old Apr 1, 07, 7:05 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 373
777 It's Here, It's Awesome, Enjoy

Enjoy
acplt is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 7:13 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 20,554
1 April.... ?
airbus320 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 7:35 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by airbus320 View Post
1 April.... ?
I just spent 6 hours in the best seat in the plane. It is indeed real.
acplt is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 8:00 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: YHZ
Programs: Sans souci
Posts: 2,190
Originally Posted by acplt View Post
I just spent 6 hours in the best seat in the plane. It is indeed real.
Congrats on your conversion. You were on A340s before, weren't you?

Looking forward to flying the 777 and hope you're upfront. ^
AnselmAdorne is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 8:01 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 20,554
Originally Posted by acplt View Post
I just spent 6 hours in the best seat in the plane. It is indeed real.
I know it is real... my allusion was to the post...no info there save the greeting to enjoy.
airbus320 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 8:02 am
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto YYZ UA-1K 1MM,QFgold
Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Posts: 14,285
Originally Posted by acplt View Post
I just spent 6 hours in the best seat in the plane. It is indeed real.
the bathroom?
why fly is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 8:08 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: YLW / LHR
Programs: Aeroplan, BA, Delta, SPG Gold, Priority Club
Posts: 731
Originally Posted by why fly View Post
the bathroom?
2 of the bathrooms have windows.
East-West AC is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 8:38 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Posts: 2,387
Originally Posted by East-West AC View Post
2 of the bathrooms have windows.
Really?? or is Poisson Avril??

DF
Doc Fraud is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 8:49 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: VIE
Programs: AC - ACMM; LH - SEN
Posts: 955
Anyone notice the id number for this thread? #677747.
yycguy2 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 9:17 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: YLW / LHR
Programs: Aeroplan, BA, Delta, SPG Gold, Priority Club
Posts: 731
Originally Posted by Doc Fraud View Post
Really?? or is Poisson Avril??

DF
No, the lavs at L2/R2 have a window and there is also a full-length mirror on the door. For an airplane lav, it's gorgeous.
East-West AC is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 9:24 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 11,969
Originally Posted by East-West AC View Post
No, the lavs at L2/R2 have a window and there is also a full-length mirror on the door. For an airplane lav, it's gorgeous.
I am reflecting on all the possible comments that could be made here
acysb87 is online now  
Old Apr 1, 07, 9:43 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by acysb87 View Post
I am reflecting on all the possible comments that could be made here
I talked to close to 5000 people yesterday and I was asked about a certain "club" at least 100 times.
acplt is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 9:46 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 373
Originally Posted by AnselmAdorne View Post
Congrats on your conversion. You were on A340s before, weren't you?

Looking forward to flying the 777 and hope you're upfront. ^
Thanks. Yes 340 until Jan...
acplt is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 9:48 am
  #14  
Company Representative - Air Canada
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Canada
Posts: 24,215
I was on the delivery flight to YUL yesterday. Can't say enough good things about this aircraft both from a customer point of view and performance point of view. Very spacious inside, lots of bin space and very comfortable in both J and Y. The engines are huge on the 777. There's a partition that one can open for the D & G seats in J so that's good for those who are travelling together. The bar area in J is very cool.

I am sure you'll all enjoy the aircraft once it comes into service in less than a week.
Andrew Yiu is offline  
Old Apr 1, 07, 10:02 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Posts: 2,387
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu View Post
I was on the delivery flight to YUL yesterday. Can't say enough good things about this aircraft both from a customer point of view and performance point of view. Very spacious inside, lots of bin space and very comfortable in both J and Y. The engines are huge on the 777. There's a partition that one can open for the D & G seats in J so that's good for those who are travelling together. The bar area in J is very cool.

I am sure you'll all enjoy the aircraft once it comes into service in less than a week.
Hi Andrew

Is there any easy way to find out what flights will be operated by the 777 over the next couple of weeks? I'll rearrange my flights where practical to give it a try. Between now an May 1, I've got SYD, NRT, MNL and HKG on the horizon. The exact dates are TBD so I've a little bit of flexibility. May will be Euro destinations I would think.

DF
Doc Fraud is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: