Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Ae site is down for maintenance. Could it be they don't want anyone making bookings or even see flights, while they deal with the 7M8 ban.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold

Sorry

We're currently undergoing routine maintenance of the site to ensure that you continue to have the best possible experience on Aeroplan.com. The site will be back up at 10:00 GMT at which point we’ll be happy to assist you.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you and check back later.
Thank you for your patience.

:/
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yscleo
Ae site is down for maintenance. Could it be they don't want anyone making bookings or even see flights, while they deal with the 7M8 ban.
No, it just crashed. I could not logon the altitude site either. But the main AC one still seems OK.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:31 am

Ok, they are making enhancement to the system, " to ensure that you continue to have the best possible experience on Aeroplan.com. The site will be back up at 10:00 GMT "

10:00 GMT, but they didn't say which date, or year.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:39 am

Hi Everyone. Trying to access aeroplan website and I get a message that its down for maintenance. Is this normal for this time of day (11:38 am MTN)?

Thanks

EDIT sorry I should have looked at previous comments.

Last edited by YXELLB; Mar 13, 2019 at 11:41 am Reason: Didnt look at the above comments
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:43 am

It's down most nights. During the day there can be sporadic outages. It's a system they don't put much effort in for upkeep. They may have forgotten to feed the mice for running the wheels.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Platinum)
Originally Posted by yscleo
Ok, they are making enhancement to the system, " to ensure that you continue to have the best possible experience on Aeroplan.com. The site will be back up at 10:00 GMT "

10:00 GMT, but they didn't say which date, or year.
And really annoyingly they do not specify AM or PM. If it's AM that would mean down until 6 AM EST tomorrow ...
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stanbury
And really annoyingly they do not specify AM or PM. If it's AM that would mean down until 6 AM EST tomorrow ...
It's a generic message which they post when their site crashes. I suspect they don't even adjust the time. Initially, when I was trying to long on, it said my AE number ad password did not match. Then it gave an error. Finally the standard message.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Stanbury
10:00 GMT is 6am EDT. But it looks like a generic message for their nightly outage.

Just wait for the new improved AC system come June 2020, with lots of enhancements.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Stranger
I could not logon the altitude site either.
It took a second try, but I was able to log onto the Altitude page. The progress dials aren't working, but the "My Recent Altitude Activity" contains the info I'm looking for on this particular visit.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim
It took a second try, but I was able to log onto the Altitude page. The progress dials aren't working, but the "My Recent Altitude Activity" contains the info I'm looking for on this particular visit.
Same here. However when trying to get to Aeroplan, I am getting the "error page" again. Not the "scheduled maintenance one" any more.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:37 pm

I was able to log on ae for a short while this afternoon. Tried to do multi-segment booking. For exactly the same cities/dates, sometimes it gives error, and sometimes comes back with a bunch of available flights. So ae is not working consistently.

Now I need to figure out how not to exceed MPM for YYZ-FRA-TPE, back to YYZ (the direct BR flight TPE-YYZ isn't the problem). If it can let me log in.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I suppose that I should post over at the having a tizzy over nothing thread, but I am so very annoyed by this: The Signature menus. AC still doesn't load the complete menus, and when it does load some menus, it only loads a couple weeks at a time. It is not as if the menu changes such that the airline cannot post 1 or 2 months in advance. I mean, jeez, they are still serving that awful lobster & endive salad.

The AC approach is bereft of common sense and demonstrates an absence of marketing skill. A high school kid could do better. What airline on its promoted premier flagship routes would continue to post idiocy like this;
AC1 YYZ 14:35 HND 16:55+1 No Menu Available or,
AC5 YUL 14:00 NRT 16:10+1 No Menu Available or,
AC31 YYZ 15:20 PEK 16:45+1 No Menu Available or,
AC11 YUL 14:05 PVG 16:25+1 No Menu Available

Yes, I know, one must go and look at the YVR routes to get a menu. However, how is Patsy Pax et al supposed to know that?
Why is it so difficult to key in the information? Doesn't anyone at the airline appreciate how full of BS it is when it brags about its signature menus, and offers the link on the website, only to result in the no menu available message? AC still cannot provide a menu after many years of being told that there are no menus available.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I suppose that I should post over at the having a tizzy over nothing thread.......
What? there's only one?

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
The AC approach is bereft of common sense and demonstrates an absence of marketing skill. A high school kid could do better. What airline on its promoted premier flagship routes would continue to post idiocy like this;
AC1 YYZ 14:35 HND 16:55+1 No Menu Available or,
AC5 YUL 14:00 NRT 16:10+1 No Menu Available or,
AC31 YYZ 15:20 PEK 16:45+1 No Menu Available or,
AC11 YUL 14:05 PVG 16:25+1 No Menu Available

Yes, I know, one must go and look at the YVR routes to get a menu. However, how is Patsy Pax et al supposed to know that?
Why is it so difficult to key in the information? Doesn't anyone at the airline appreciate how full of BS it is when it brags about its signature menus, and offers the link on the website, only to result in the no menu available message? AC still cannot provide a menu after many years of being told that there are no menus available.
I think I flew with Patsy Pax once.

And I apologize. I just found the menu for my flight. And the lobster endive appetizer is still there. How long has it been? And for those in need of more shellfish "Salmon and prawn Thai coconut bouillabaisse, carrot, potato".

Well, I'll console myself with the lemon tart. Yes, FWP.

And I'm sorry for not answering your question "How hard is it to post the menus?"

EDIT TO ADD: UGH! my return flight has this appetizer "Marinated squid, scallops and shrimp"

Last edited by 24left; Mar 13, 2019 at 10:39 pm
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Moments ago I received the check-in notification for a flight tomorrow.

The only problem? Cancelled and refunded yesterday.

Well done AC IT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.