Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I got an ETIR today for itinerary change, and the itinerary is identical to the original booking.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I got an ETIR today for itinerary change, and the itinerary is identical to the original booking.
Are you sure AC didn’t change it previously without telling you and now changed it back and decided to tell you this time? Just sayin’
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Eh, that's better than mine, which had an empty (zero byte) pdf ETIR.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I had a frustrating session with the AC website and AC's intentional forcing of a higher priced itinerary.
My itinerary has me on AC to Tokyo and then a change to NH for the connection. If I book the connecting flight using the option available on AC, a codeshare with NH, I am put in to economy (but not really told it is economy, just a non descript "mixed" cabin reference") However, at the exact same airfare, I can get the business class with NH on multiple OTA websites.

Call in to AC, and explain what I want. Response is no I am sorry sir. those OTA have special deals and its not the same blah blah blah. Call again, but this time get a super nice guy who tries to find it, but can't, but who is willing to listen while I give the fare codes. Nope still can't do it. However, he says, wait, puts me on hold for a few minutes and then comes back and tries again and voila. However, he goes one step further and says let's make sure we get the confirmation code and see that it is ticketed, please wait. We wait and bang it goes through. I get off the phone 30 minutes later with what I should have been able to purchase online, and AC gets a $5300 airfare before taxes.

Now, this thing with the booking into economy: It is one aspect of AC that really irks me. Why does the airline do this? Why cheat customers? How can the airline ethically justify charging the same airfare but place the customer in economy, or if booked in business charging nearly $1000 more? yes I get it that the codeshare doesn't give some altitude accruals, but so what? Why not give me what I want, which is business class, not part economy? Better yet, why not give me the option of booking NH? They let me book with JAL or Korean out of ICN with the AC portal, so why not here? I was so upset, that my following trip will be on AF/KLM (Hello Benji) with the advantage that it is $1500 less and being able to book online in a few minutes.)

On a positive note; when I get a good agent he/she is excellent.It's the gum chewing duds that grind my gears.

Last edited by Transpacificflyer; Jan 23, 2019 at 7:57 pm
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I have two beginner questions, but haven’t found answers so far.
If the award page displays in dollars, is that due to not having enough points?
If you transfer points from say MR, does that reset your one year inactivity?

I was also thinking that maybe somewhere on flyertalk there's a chart for all major airlines, domestic and foreign, that conveniently lists yes/no to such various things, not including bells and whistles such as "Share your thoughts by answering our monthly survey and you’ll get 100 bonus miles†!”
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I have two beginner questions, but haven’t found answers so far.
If you transfer points from say MR, does that reset your one year inactivity?

I was also thinking that maybe somewhere on flyertalk there's a chart for all major airlines, domestic and foreign, that conveniently lists yes/no to such various things, not including bells and whistles such as "Share your thoughts by answering our monthly survey and you’ll get 100 bonus miles†!”
@vanillabean
I'm not sure what you're referring to for the first question, so I'll answer the second.

Yes, transferring points from MR resets the one year activity, and so does answering the survey for 100 bonus miles.

You probably just want to download the Carrot App and answer one of the short one minute surveys for 5 Aeroplan points and that also resets your yearly activity. Several of here did that and the 5 points get deposited within a week.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
If you look at the following link, it says under Aegean Miles + Bonus that you "need enough miles in your account even to search for awards.” Is it the same with aeroplan?

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/progr...liance-awards/

I'm curious about how common this is among airlines.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Tool Tip: Changes to Flights After BookingNeed to change your flight? Here’s how
Need to make changes to your flight? No problem! Just retrieve your booking and change it. Here’s how:1. Click on “My Bookings.”

2. All your active bookings will be listed. Click on the booking reference number you want to change.

3. Select from among multiple post-booking options.

4. Click on “Change.”

Pat yourself on the back! You’ve done it!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Trying to book YVR-DEN in mid March. The best option for me is to DEN on AC and return on the UA evening flight. (There is no AC evening flight.) But the UA flight doesn't show up on the AC site, and the AC flight doesn't show up on the UA site, so I would have to buy two one way tix.

Not a big deal, I suppose, but what gives? I thought this was an alliance?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Trying to book YVR-DEN in mid March. The best option for me is to DEN on AC and return on the UA evening flight. (There is no AC evening flight.) But the UA flight doesn't show up on the AC site, and the AC flight doesn't show up on the UA site, so I would have to buy two one way tix.

Not a big deal, I suppose, but what gives? I thought this was an alliance?
It happens to me all the time and I generally end up booking two one-way tickets, one on AC and the other on UA. Or sometimes the AC option shows on UA.com and vice-versa but the prices are ridiculously high so buying two tickets makes more sense.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
If you look at the following link, it says under Aegean Miles + Bonus that you "need enough miles in your account even to search for awards.” Is it the same with aeroplan?

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/progr...liance-awards/

I'm curious about how common this is among airlines.
On the Aeroplan website, if you don't have enough points, it will advise you that you are short and quote a price for topping up the points in addition to the reward booking and surcharges. Aeroplan lets you search regardless.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
On the Aeroplan website, if you don't have enough points, it will advise you that you are short and quote a price for topping up the points in addition to the reward booking and surcharges. Aeroplan lets you search regardless.
It lets you buy points as long as you have at least half.

Does it let you search if you don't have half the points?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stranger
It lets you buy points as long as you have at least half.

Does it let you search if you don't have half the points?
Correct, it lets you buy if you have at least half. It will punt you to Market Rewards (where applicable) first but you can still select the Classic rewards tab and take a look.

If you don't have at least half, it won't let you buy (the "Book" remains disabled).

If you have at least half, that's when it quotes you to buy top up with cash and once you've selected to top up with cash, it will then enable the "Book" button to proceed to payment and the such.

But this all occurs after you've searched and selected.

And yes, it lets you search even if you are less than half.
jc94 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC FOTSG, DL WM
Flight Status tool on the AC website seems to be having great difficulties at the moment. Imagine it's getting hammered right now since Toronto is getting hammered with snow.

The flight status tool is currently not available. Please try again later.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Aeroplan website, yes. Aeroplan App, still no for more than 10 days and counting.

Air Canada website no in Safari or Chrome (with or without incognito).

Another stellar day for AC IT overseas, and just booked away to AM for a flight coming up.
Another week has passed, and I still can’t login using the Aeroplan iOS app. Have they just given up or what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.