Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Not sure if anyone at AC reads this thread but links to the other stories on the right hand side of the page do not work.

I posted the current Dec 2018 SOC article, but I wanted to post the one about AC Maintenance.

I tested all the links on Safari and Chrome and none work.

The links in the Press Release section do work.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...tures/soc.html

Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Just got an email to check in for a flight departing in about 29 hours.

That's fail number one.

I rebooked this flight to a different city pair and later date on Monday. So I'm not even on this flight anymore.

That's fail number two.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I posted earlier about a T-27.5 hour email to check in. (post 4519). I wonder why they have not fixed this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
The AQD is still ZERO on the Altitude page

Also

I've received TWO of these in the past 20 minutes. Thanks but no thanks.

Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:06 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
+2 on the >24 hour check in emails.

It's like they are being based on the wrong time zone. Annoying, but not fatal.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: *G
I also received an early check-in email today - caused me a moment of panic thinking I had either booked the wrong flight or that there had been a change. But the email was early, not after the fact as usual.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I posted earlier about a T-27.5 hour email to check in. (post 4519). I wonder why they have not fixed this.
But you were still booked on that flight
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
AC/Aeroplan IT

Ever since the fiasco with the Air Canada hack a few months back, my Air Canada account and Aeroplan password seem always out of sync.

It is getting impossible to manage when logging in across multiple devices.

The problem appears to be Air Canada relies on Aeroplan login when going on the website and stored passwords across multiple devices are never in sync, meaning Aeroplan gets locked out from time to time, hence needing to change passwords all over the place.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have little problems with any other web based account for other companies vs trying to keep on top of the disjointed way Air Canada and Aeroplan are linked.
Flyinglisa likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100, Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Nope - my AC app password and Aeroplan passwords are different (on purpose) and i've never had an issue. Don't use stored passwords on your browser or delete them all and try saving them again. There are likely duplicates and one is an old password.
24left likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:01 am

My android AC app keeps saying it is not synced with Areoplan, yesterday I went through the process of logging in to try and correct this and in the process ended up locked out of Aeroplan.
I reset the Aeroplan account, log into the AC app and try to sync the app with Aeroplan as requested by the app and get a message accounts are already linked. Next time I start the app, back to the message accounts are not synced.
Later on yesterday I go go back to Aerolan and my account is locked up and needs a password reset again.
To make things messier, Altitude has a seperate log in from Air Canada and Areoplan all of which rely on the Areoplan number in one way or another.
There has to be a simpler way
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AC FOTSG, DL WM
Originally Posted by leisurefly
My android AC app keeps saying it is not synced with Areoplan, yesterday I went through the process of logging in to try and correct this and in the process ended up locked out of Aeroplan.
I reset the Aeroplan account, log into the AC app and try to sync the app with Aeroplan as requested by the app and get a message accounts are already linked. Next time I start the app, back to the message accounts are not synced.
Later on yesterday I go go back to Aerolan and my account is locked up and needs a password reset again.
The AC app seems to store your Aeroplan password. If you change it elsewhere, without changing it in the AC app at the same time, the app will continually keep trying to log in to your Aeroplan account with your old password...which will result in you getting locked out for too many failed login attempts. Genius, right?

It only took me a half dozen or so password resets before I figured that out.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Actually, it wasn't me. It was the Mr. but true that my email was on the file and there had been no rebooking involved. I wonder what is going on.
(replying to 4534 - was consecutive but other thread merged in)

Last edited by flyquiet; Dec 21, 2018 at 8:41 pm Reason: create a link to post replied to
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:16 pm

I was beginning to think that.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
AC app tells me I can bid for an upgrade. When I press it I’m told I’m not eligible.

It’s not clear if this is because the flight it’s telling me is next isn’t with AC, or because it’s determined that the AC metal one afterwards is in J.

Also, why tell me I have a flight to YUL when the final deatination is YYZ? Or are they predicting chaos already?

Either way, it is all flawed.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:06 pm

+1 on the checkin email coming early. Today I received it 27 hours and 18 minutes before departure. Checkin page linked of course says too early to checkin.
Minor panic until I remembered I saw recent comments in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.