Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:00 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Maybe that's what you get for missing the YVR Do - a year of incessant YVR-focused marketing...
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Maybe that's what you get for missing the YVR Do - a year of incessant YVR-focused marketing...
@Bohemian1
LOL. If I were to receive incessant YVR-based marketing, I could think of many things I'd rather get than hotel offerings for a destination I am not flying to. Wait, maybe they sent me your email.

In related news, AC still can't manage to show reservations made by AC res agents in My Bookings.

In related news, comparing the reservations in the desktop version of My Bookings to the App version of My Bookings, AC is also very creative with destinations. They don't match. Why is that?

Yes, I am attempting to apply logic.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by 24left
In related news, AC still can't manage to show reservations made by AC res agents in My Bookings.
I will take it one further.

I cant see the seat map for any of my flights on an all-AC booking made on the crappy website and then changed a few days later by an AC agent.

Error code 3006. Are there really just 3006 things wrong with AC IT?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I will take it one further.

I cant see the seat map for any of my flights on an all-AC booking made on the crappy website and then changed a few days later by an AC agent.

Error code 3006. Are there really just 3006 things wrong with AC IT?

Try closer to 10 000 things wrong

I've had a complaint file open for 6 weeks now, I assume this is around the average time I'll hear back. When I check on the site it just says status "open"

Funny today, called AC couple times each time kept saying "longer than usual hold times, estimated over 30 min". So I called when I knew I had long time to be on hold, and as I was entering my parking garage. I get the same message but it immediately connects to an agent! My parkade is good for phone, but not internet, and I couldn't pull up booking code and she preferred to have that. Kindly, she agreed to call me back 5 minutes later, and all worked out well.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 23, 2020 at 11:25 am
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:07 am

Aeroplan site maintenance

How often and for how long is the Aeroplan site down for 'maintenance'? Of late I am encountering a Sorry / Désolé message very frequently and for extended periods when I attempt to log on. Is it just me or do others have the same experience?

PS. Am currently in Asia
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by puchong
How often and for how long is the Aeroplan site down for 'maintenance'? Of late I am encountering a Sorry / Désolé message very frequently and for extended periods when I attempt to log on. Is it just me or do others have the same experience?

PS. Am currently in Asia
The Aeroplan site is usually down for 2h-6h every single day between 12a.m. and 7a.m. EST for "scheduled maintenance".

I honestly have no idea why any website needs to be taken down for "scheduled maintenance" every single day for several hours.

Back in the 90s, taking a website down each day for a few minutes may have been necessary to prcoess back-ups etc., but I can't think of a legitimate reason why the website of a major corporation needs to be offline 10%-20% of the time.
24left likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: AC, ANZ, MH
Originally Posted by puchong

PS. Am currently in Asia

it seems much more frequent recently, and yes bad schedule if not in North America.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
I have been trying to book a flight pass booking and when using Firefox the flight pass page is blank apears to work in Safari
any one else having this problem
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
This might have been shown upthread, but just doing my daily billable Production Environment QA work. And no, I'm not viewing the French version:

canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
On Nov 5th I redeemed most of my Aeropesos for two Costco gift cards. Last week Canada Post left a delivery notice at my door and today I finally was able to get to the local postal outlet to make the pickup. Imagine my surprise when the package contained one of the gift cards. I'm left to guess that sometime next week Canada Post will attempt to deliver the second gift card.

Two questions come to mind. 1) Why did Aeroplan ship each card separately when they were ordered together? and 2) In this digital day and age why does Aeroplan even need to ship physical gift cards?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by YYC traveler
On Nov 5th I redeemed most of my Aeropesos for two Costco gift cards. Last week Canada Post left a delivery notice at my door and today I finally was able to get to the local postal outlet to make the pickup. Imagine my surprise when the package contained one of the gift cards. I'm left to guess that sometime next week Canada Post will attempt to deliver the second gift card.

Two questions come to mind. 1) Why did Aeroplan ship each card separately when they were ordered together? and 2) In this digital day and age why does Aeroplan even need to ship physical gift cards?
So Aeroplan emails me twice tonight, one for each reward. The contents of the email are quite humourous given that I've already received one of the items.
Originally Posted by Aeroplan email
We are pleased to inform you that your reward has been shipped and you can look forward to receiving it shortly. See below for the complete shipment details of your reward(s).

Please note that on occasions where rewards contain more than one item, these items might be shipped separately.
The email contains the Canada Post tracking number for the package that was delivered last Thursday. Any other online merchant that I've ever ordered from has sent the email when the item actually ships so that I can actually track delivery. It was really helpful to be able to track a package I'd already received. The second reward is apparently coming via Canada Post 1st Class Mail, so who knows when it will show up.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Deleted found answer

Last edited by traacs; Nov 27, 2018 at 3:42 pm
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

So instead of having to enter one passenger's DOB and gender, I have to enter everything for both pax.

And I bet it won't show up in my account either.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Anyone else having login trouble on Altitude site? It doesn't even give me an error message or anything, just keeps going back to login page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.