Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
You must be a youngster to just find out the degree of honesty in travel and all other businesses. It must be your first time to pay with your own money. Just one example, we in Canada have been on the metric system for how long now, and yet all prices evolving weight are listed in per pound. Should I mention price tags before taxes? Now you think its being honest. Back to your own thinking, "Award tickets are considered free tickets", that says it all.
I'm trying not to use my own money for this "free ticket" =)
I assume most companies are trying to screw you, do everything in their best interest, but there has to be a line somewhere...
claiming you are getting an international business class redemption when 30 minutes are in business on a jazz flight, and the rest economy is over that line.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
I'm completely new to aeroplan redemption, and now have close to 400K and am starting to thing of the big spend prior to Jun 2020.

I'm just playing around with the aeroplan website, and I one thing is quite upsetting:

If I say business lets say from YVR to LHR, I get a flight reflecting the points redemption value of business overseas, but all the flights are business from YVR to YYC, and then economy from YYC to LHR.
This is a joke??? Pretty underhanded way of showing redemption values.

Is this common? As I said, I've only ever used redemptions for 15K domestic shorthauls, and a couple of 50K TCON in J, but never overseas/connections.

I think its completely dishonest and misdirecting customers with redemption options like this!
Yes that's pretty common. You can uncheck "display mixed cabin results" to show only business class results.
YVRYEGYVR likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
I keep getting error code 117228 when trying to log into my AE profile via the AC website. Then, when I continue as a guest and put in my Aeroplan number, the message "We're not able to verify your Air Canada Altitude status at this time" comes up... Is this happening to anyone else?

EDIT: No longer an issue.

Last edited by marke190; Sep 27, 2018 at 1:11 am
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:37 pm

Trouble finding multi-city award; doesn't seem to matter destination. Any ideas ?

We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

This is what I get when trying to book a multi city flight with points. Doesn't seem to matter where I try to go. Any ideas ?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K
You need to provide more information than that for us to troubleshoot. Usually this happens in cases of "phantom inventory". Inventory that looks available but actually isn't.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
You need to provide more information than that for us to troubleshoot. Usually this happens in cases of "phantom inventory". Inventory that looks available but actually isn't.
OK thanks. I'll keep trying but I'm trying to get to bangkok with a stop over somewhere in Business.. Mostly get Business / Economy, with the economy being the long segment.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by mech11
OK thanks. I'll keep trying but I'm trying to get to bangkok with a stop over somewhere in Business.. Mostly get Business / Economy, with the economy being the long segment.
Dates?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Plumber
Dates?
Any date leaving in Nov coming back Dec. Prefer stop over in Hanoi, but the Hanoi to Bangkok is no problem. When I find a good one in Business and try to book that is what comes up.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by mech11
Any date leaving in Nov coming back Dec. Prefer stop over in Hanoi, but the Hanoi to Bangkok is no problem. When I find a good one in Business and try to book that is what comes up.
Firstly, I assume you are in YYZ. Is that correct?

If so, I see Business availability NOv 12 Returning Dec 12..but only to and from Bangkok...

Are you using Multicity to try and search though Hanoi as well?

I am trying to recreate what you are seeing but just dont have enough info from you.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
So it happened again. Trying to book YVR-LAS in November. AE shows literally dozens of available options, not one of which is on either of the two nonstop AC flights, even within a day or two of my preferred dates.

This is why I despise Aeroplan so much, and is exactly why I dumped my Aerogold card about 15 years ago.

If this isn’t resolved with Son of Aeroplan I resolve to despise it too!

<Rant mode off>
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Are there others that are having issues logging in with the aeroplan app on iphone updated to IOS 12?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
When entering passenger travel information i can enter info for first passenger and save it but clicking on the second passenger it comes up with a error that page can not be found tried Firefox and Safari
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When looking at the "my dates are flexible," "select your dates" matrix on aircanada.com, price comes up $400 more than when searching for an actual itinerary, same dates.

Love it.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: AC E50K (MM), BA Gold, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime), National Exec
Angry AC Web Site Acting Up since Thanksgiving weekend?

I've been having all sorts of problems trying to book flights since the weekend - purchase craps out at payment. Calls to the Altitude rez line indicate 30 min. plus waits.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:55 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PreferJ
I've been having all sorts of problems trying to book flights since the weekend - purchase craps out at payment. Calls to the Altitude rez line indicate 30 min. plus waits.

Has anyone else noticed this?
No, booked 5 flights of the weekend. Everything was normal for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.