Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jc94
Would you like AC to upgrade it like the rest of the site then?
I would like them to upgrade all of the sites, actually. Truly upgrade them, not "enhance". But my dreams are likely to be unfulfilled any time soon given the dog's breakfast they made of the "new" website.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I would like them to upgrade all of the sites, actually. Truly upgrade them, not "enhance". But my dreams are likely to be unfulfilled any time soon given the dog's breakfast they made of the "new" website.
Oh man, you really hate the flat design don't you
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I hate the fact that it doesn't work more than I hate the UI. Poor UI is one thing, non functional something else.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by jc94
I hate the fact that it doesn't work more than I hate the UI. Poor UI is one thing, non functional something else.
This is what happens to large client facing IT projects in a siloed environment. Sometimes the only to avoid the AC example is that you have someone who really, truly care about the work he/she put out... and I doubt an employee at AC would feel like that..

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Nov 4, 2017 at 11:32 pm
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:24 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I hate that it looks terrible and I hate that it works even worse than the old site. And I hate that they didn't bother to integrate things like Altitude and eUps when they built the "new" site.

I've largely stopped bothering to come to this thread to complain about it because there's no point. I just fly other airlines instead.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Just transferred 150k MR into aeroplan to make a multi city booking and now getting

An error has occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact the Aeroplan.com web site assistance centre at 1-866-689-8080. Be sure to specify error code CR - fmm - - M01.

Anyone knows what this means ? Tried couple of times. Credit card was captured but kept getting this message. Don't see the two of the legs in my required itinerary anymore. Basically got effed with my points stuck in aeroplan
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by pichalite
Just transferred 150k MR into aeroplan to make a multi city booking and now getting

An error has occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact the Aeroplan.com web site assistance centre at 1-866-689-8080. Be sure to specify error code CR - fmm - - M01.

Anyone knows what this means ? Tried couple of times. Credit card was captured but kept getting this message. Don't see the two of the legs in my required itinerary anymore. Basically got effed with my points stuck in aeroplan
Did you call? What did they say?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: *$ Green

Sucks. Best way to do it is to just eat the $30 fee and have them hold the ticket while you transfer.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Sucks. Best way to do it is to just eat the $30 fee and have them hold the ticket while you transfer.
When I asked about it, she said they cannot hold.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Did you call? What did they say?
Agent is a first class liar or ill informed. She kept saying the error code meant the inventory is probably being updated. She suggested me to make one way reservations if I want to hold the one leg that is still available.

Some time later I received two aeroplan emails with confirmation numbers. When I log-in into my aeroplan > self serve tools, I can see only 1 reservation which is confirmed. I verified by checking the confirmation number in united as well. The 2nd reservation did not had united 6 letter confirmation code. The e-ticket number threw error in united. May be it dropped off later.

Still figuring out why I received the 2nd reservation when I don't have enough miles. Have to call them again to hear back that no such reservation ever happened and I am in dreams and get my self esteem lowered by them.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:45 am

Oh I was able to search by 2nd confirmation number in aero plan website, get the united 6 letter code and retrieve it in united. What a mess. Have to get this sorted out now. :-S At least I have a reservation though..

Update: Called AeroPlan and they cancelled the 2nd reservation and refunded the tax charged.

Last edited by pichalite; Nov 8, 2017 at 9:31 am
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: *$ Green
When I asked about it, she said they cannot hold.
Nono,not hold hold.

So when you call them, they take the reward seat and hold it while they build your reservation. So once they confirm they are doing it, have them do the reservation and transfer your points right away.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Nono,not hold hold.

So when you call them, they take the reward seat and hold it while they build your reservation. So once they confirm they are doing it, have them do the reservation and transfer your points right away.
I see. I was thinking something like what Delta does, where you can actually reserve on hold and then transfer the points.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Around midnight EST my browser could not resolve aircanada.com

Now it loads, but attempting to login I get MQO_TIMEOUT_WAITING_MSG(220209)

More importantly I cannot log into eUp site

Edit: Also the Altitude site is down.
Happening for me at this moment... around 03:48AM EST, trying to book a Lat FP flight for 6AM.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Seat selection on AP website

I've tried to make some changes to my seat selections, but it seems that that feature is not working.

I can pull up the AP record number, but the Amadeus numbers that kind of "pop up" don't, in fact, pop up. I tried incognito, Chrome, IE, Edge, mobile app, etc.

Just wondering if others are finding the same issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.