Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Old Jan 4, 2007, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by airbus320
Anyone else having a problem booking a trip online this afternoon?
Yes.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airbus320
Anyone else having a problem booking a trip online this afternoon?
I just talked to AC reservations. They confirmed that computers are having problems. I booked through them and the fee was waived.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:42 pm

Quick question from an AC newbie:

I purchased a Tango fare and chose not to receive Aeroplan miles, but at check-in I entered my UA FF# expecting to collect UA miles. They haven't posted yet...so what's the deal?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I strongly suspect you are SOL since you chose that you didn't want to receive Miles and received a discount for that choice. You might have a "technical" argument that you only chose not to receive Aeroplan Miles, but I'm sure AE's attitude will be in forfeiting AE miles you were forfeiting the ability to earn miles to another program as well.

If miles do in fact post to your MP account, let us know - thap opens up a whole new avenue!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 6:55 am
Posting Legend, Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by The Lev
I strongly suspect you are SOL
I agree with the comments about earning/not earning FFM Lev, but can't help wonder if U.S. residents use this Canadian term at all. Does SOL translate into American?
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:46 pm

Thank you lev and tcook for your comments. Miles still haven't posted but I'll try faxing in my BPs to UA anyways since it has my UA FF# on it.

And yes SOL does translate in the US.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:32 pm

Programs: AC *P

It is only 1230am EST, and the Aeroplan website is down again for routine maintenance.

As I have said before, this is ridiculous. Even if the eastern Canadian population may be asleep at this hour, it is only 930pm on the west coast.

Wake up, Rupert D. AP are now a publicly traded limited partnership. You should be ashamed of yourself in not having a properly working website. Or is that your buddy who is running the technology department? Or have you granted the AP contract to a buddy's firm?

Wait a minute... I know - this is just another way of grabbing the $30 booking fee through the AP Centre.

Old Jan 30, 2007, 7:59 am

It is back up now (9am EST) but keeps telling me that I don't exist
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
Having the same problem here.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:51 am
Suspended

Almost as bad as the Senior Board being down the last few days. Looks like it is back now though
Old Jan 30, 2007, 1:10 pm

It is still spurning me. I also cannot log into the main AC site using my AP number. Since I cannot remember by booking reference, looks like it is time for a phone call
Old Mar 5, 2007, 9:42 pm

Air Canada does not fly between Montreal Trudeau and Vancouver.

What kind of garbage is the AE reservations system spewing out? If you try to get the availability calendar, it comes up with this message instead:

"Air Canada does not fly between Montreal Trudeau and Vancouver."

Error messages are all over the place:

"Oops! There were one error on this page."
"– The following field is blank/missing: Leaving on. " (there is no such field)
"FATAL ERROR: Unable to receive Ajax response (status=500)"

Can I now call in and get them to waive the $30 fee?
Old Mar 5, 2007, 9:45 pm

Good luck in getting that fee waived. It's not going to happen even though it should if the agent can repeat the problem while you are on the line with them.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
No need for misinformation. If the agent can reproduce the same error, they will pass you on to AC reservations and arrange for the fee to be waived.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:05 pm

Doesn't sound like they have every seat.

Honestly, Aeroplan, if you're going to come out with a new product, make sure the website works so your customers can actually get it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.