Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Old May 5, 2015, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Question
Is international travel under 24hrs transit doesn't count as stopover?
Called AP, trying to book a YYZ-IST-xxx. On AP website it's 60k. Except it is very late arrival to xxx (@2300). So I decided to pay $30 to call AP and ask for later flight out of IST
AP agent said because I 'stopped' in IST overnight hence 75k is required. But I said it is less than 24hrs, and she won't budge.
All taxes are the same as I book on AP.com Except she wants 15k more because now IST is the furthest point. I said, if I book online, it is a 4+hrs layover, and what she get for me is a 22hrs layover, both cases are under 24hrs, and shouldn't make a different.
Am I wrong?
No, you are right. She was wrong. HUCA and try another agent.
Old May 5, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Question
All taxes are the same as I book on AP.com Except she wants 15k more because now IST is the furthest point. I said, if I book online, it is a 4+hrs layover, and what she get for me is a 22hrs layover, both cases are under 24hrs, and shouldn't make a different.

Am I wrong?
Many of us have done this since the new rules came in - the agent you spoke to does not know the rules correctly. I had the same problem on my last two bookings.

HUCA until you get an agent who knows what s/he's doing.
Old May 5, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by SFO777
I know I was right. But she put comment on file... &^#@! I was friendly with her, but she seems to be pretty defensive when I said it should be 60k instead of 75k.

I am just looking at AP T&C

https://www4.aeroplan.com/terms_and_...tion=rewardair

5.1. If any allowable stopover point is in a different region than the flight reward destination, the higher reward mileage level will apply.

That's understandable, but there is nowhere to define what's a stopover.

Added http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...rule_1-2-5.pdf

Page 10.
(Last check IST is not Central America.... )

On the other I don't want confrontation with another agent if I call. But I know I am right but they are the one holding up my ticket.... hummm
Old May 5, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Glad to hear during the recent downsizing, AE kept all the best and most well-informed agents... So looking forward to dealing with an agent in the next few weeks when I book my return ticket...
Old May 5, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
I
On the other I don't want confrontation with another agent if I call. But I know I am right but they are the one holding up my ticket.... hummm
Most agents are competent and pleasant to talk to. I wouldn't worry about calling back or what she wrote in the file. She doesn't know the rules.
If you get the same runaround, just thank him/her, hang up and call again. But most likely, call #2 will work.
Old May 5, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
I know I was right. But she put comment on file... &^#@! I was friendly with her, but she seems to be pretty defensive when I said it should be 60k instead of 75k.

Understandably. Maybe if the next agent digs in, perhaps better to ask to speak to a supervisor (assuming you didn't do that already). It would be a great pity if AE grabbed points from you that they shouldn't.
Old May 5, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by yvrgary
Many of us have done this since the new rules came in - the agent you spoke to does not know the rules correctly. I had the same problem on my last two bookings.

HUCA until you get an agent who knows what s/he's doing.
Most agents are competent and pleasant to talk to. I wouldn't worry about calling back or what she wrote in the file. She doesn't know the rules.
If you get the same runaround, just thank him/her, hang up and call again. But most likely, call #2 will work.
Yay! Thanks for the moral support (and to Ben too!) ^ ^

Again, agent jumped the gun saying my IST is stopover, and I corrected her saying under 24hrs is not...
Old May 5, 2015, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Almost all intra-Asia award availability are gone in aeroplan.com

Anyone help? I redeemed two tickets two weeks ago without any problem. But today I checked many route and all no availability.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by maxswanson
Anyone help? I redeemed two tickets two weeks ago without any problem. But today I checked many route and all no availability.
AE website issues. Lots of problems for about a week now.

Last edited by tcook052; May 5, 2015 at 8:41 pm Reason: housekeeping after thread merger
Old May 5, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75k, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Platinum
Aeroplan booking tool still not working?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to book two reward tickets between two South American destinations. I know there is reward availability with AV and I was going to book these last week but Aeroplans' booking tool was unavailable.

I Tweeted Aeroplan and they got back to be with Web Supports phone #. The person I talked to there said it was a known issue with no ETA for resolution. The issue I'm having is when going to make a booking, the availability calendar shows that there are flights available but no flight options populate.

Any suggestions (apart from calling in and paying the $30 booking fee)?
Old May 5, 2015, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ottguy
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to book two reward tickets between two South American destinations. I know there is reward availability with AV and I was going to book these last week but Aeroplans' booking tool was unavailable.

I Tweeted Aeroplan and they got back to be with Web Supports phone #. The person I talked to there said it was a known issue with no ETA for resolution. The issue I'm having is when going to make a booking, the availability calendar shows that there are flights available but no flight options populate.

Any suggestions (apart from calling in and paying the $30 booking fee)?
Call in, do your thing, and then ask a manager and beg for a refund. That's the only way I have noticed people getting around the issue. That or a chargeback...(that's a moral question for you to decide if you're going to go down this path.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Marlin240
AE website issues. Lots of problems for about a week now.
thanks, relieved.
Old May 6, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
This is just awful. aeropeso having these problems for such a long time. Not even any acknowledgement on their website with message that they are trying to resolve the problem.
Old May 6, 2015, 7:33 am

It's a conspiracy to get people to call and book for $30+tax
probably to meet revenue quota if they're behind

It's an "enhancement"

At least with BA Avios, they waive the fees when their website can't book some stuff (Alaska, TAM, etc.)
AP? almost never... even with known issues
Old May 6, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
During my most recent reward booking, I was unable to enter my Nexus number in the KTI field. I eventually gave up, left the fields blank and added the number to the APIS system.

I called AE to add my infant to the booking and mentioned the inability to add the KTI information:

"Oh sir, the Nexus field isn't attached to anything in our system."
"So why is it there? It's frustrating and a waste of time to deal with page errors if we're just supposed to leave it blank."
"I know, you should just leave it blank."
"But how are we supposed to know that?"
"It's ok, just leave it blank."

Fail.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.