Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Old May 2, 2015, 8:49 pm

Yeap, every single search comes up with no results but avail. calendar populates with days that show availability. Selected other dates and same thing over and over.
Old May 3, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
I just noticed that if the calendar shows availability but the seach for flights shows nothing, it could be because there's only availability in Business class.
Old May 3, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
AE IT is really messed up. I's been quite a few days.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
The Aeroplan availability calendar suggests many flight options are available for a route that's of interest to me, but I can't actually pull up a single flight in any class. Epic fail.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Do a one-way search and it will work.
Old May 3, 2015, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Do a one-way search and it will work.
Oh and would you look at that. North America to Europe flights are now "not eligible for a One-Way Reward".
Old May 3, 2015, 11:45 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
I know the websites search engine is messed up.

But will calling in help? Will the agents be able to pull up the flights and see availability ( that we can see on UNITED / ANA etc. ) ? Or are their systems just as messed up?
Old May 4, 2015, 8:21 am

is aeroplan ever going to fix the website??
Old May 4, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by planetshakers
I know the websites search engine is messed up.

But will calling in help? Will the agents be able to pull up the flights and see availability ( that we can see on UNITED / ANA etc. ) ? Or are their systems just as messed up?
From what other people have said yes calling in works because it's their website that is acting up, not their booking systems. That said i personally haven't found the ANA tool at all useful since the "update".

If you try to view the flights as one-way instead of a round trip you'll have better results show up (depending on the route i guess).
Old May 4, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by fumo
I'm sure they try/do but I think that when they fix one thing, another stops working
Old May 4, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by fumo
It's their new money making strategy. Don't fix the mess in their IT dept.

Get everyone so frustrated so nobody can book online. People trying to book, give up in disgust. They win. For those suckers that call in to book, they charge you, they win.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Now I am really pissed off by this mess. I have been trying to book an Intra-Asia flight for past five days now, it is all yellow but nothing available. I am planning my honeymoon right now and this nonsense really drives me nuts.

Does it come to a point that AE is doing false advertisement and entitled to a class-action lawsuit for them to unable to redeem the service they promised? Any lawyer on the forum?
Old May 5, 2015, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
A few of us were trying to setup a Do on BR to tpe last night. Round trip BR fares are not showing on Aeroplan. However, one ways still show up. That surprised me as I don't usually follow this thread. Another data point fwiw
Old May 5, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by allanyong
Now I am really pissed off by this mess. I have been trying to book an Intra-Asia flight for past five days now, it is all yellow but nothing available. I am planning my honeymoon right now and this nonsense really drives me nuts.
The availability calendar is completely and utterly useless, and I made a point of mentioning that in the survey AE asked me to fill out after my latest redemption yesterday. Not that they'll care about what I have to say...
Old May 5, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Question

Is international travel under 24hrs transit doesn't count as stopover?

Called AP, trying to book a YYZ-IST-xxx. On AP website it's 60k. Except it is very late arrival to xxx (@2300). So I decided to pay $30 to call AP and ask for later flight out of IST

AP agent said because I 'stopped' in IST overnight hence 75k is required. But I said it is less than 24hrs, and she won't budge.

All taxes are the same as I book on AP.com Except she wants 15k more because now IST is the furthest point. I said, if I book online, it is a 4+hrs layover, and what she get for me is a 22hrs layover, both cases are under 24hrs, and shouldn't make a different.

Am I wrong?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.