Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Old Feb 5, 2006, 1:24 pm
  #61  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Posts: 35,280
Originally Posted by Stranger
Would the kiosk direct him to the web technical support line? I would think to the triangle?
Correct, it will direct him to the India Call Centre
yyznomad is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:28 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
Posts: 468
Originally Posted by blue2002
What have you been smoking? Read the previous posts.
if it works for me, then don't you think that maybe the issue lies with the configurations of browsers belonging to those who are unable to login? and yes, ac.com _still_ works for me, both browsers.
ETStar is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:52 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Programs: AC*E, PC*Plat, IC*RoyalAmb
Posts: 120
Originally Posted by Stranger
Given that with flight passes, you book individual segments, I have a hard time making sense of this? Maybe that it affected your returns was fortuitous?
While you do book individual segments, they show up (in my flight wallet at least) grouped together into trips. I then need to select which trip I want which then pulls up the segments that make up that trip. I make my original bookings through my corporate travel agent, so that may affect how the flights get organized in the wallet. I've never had trouble upgrading the first segment, it's the return (or second) segment that causes problems. I haven't tried a trip that has more than two segments yet.
Poco is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2006, 3:40 pm
  #64  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: YYC
Posts: 23,850
Originally Posted by Poco
While you do book individual segments, they show up (in my flight wallet at least) grouped together into trips. I then need to select which trip I want which then pulls up the segments that make up that trip. I make my original bookings through my corporate travel agent, so that may affect how the flights get organized in the wallet. I've never had trouble upgrading the first segment, it's the return (or second) segment that causes problems. I haven't tried a trip that has more than two segments yet.

Interesting. The city pass I used (granted, it finished last summer and things might have changed, and I had no TA involved) just let me pick individual segments. Did not arrange them into "trips."
Stranger is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2006, 8:59 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Dia Amb
Posts: 3,444
Originally Posted by ETStar
if it works for me, then don't you think that maybe the issue lies with the configurations of browsers belonging to those who are unable to login? and yes, ac.com _still_ works for me, both browsers.
Nope, it seems to be account-related. The way I convinced the Indian tech support folks it wasn't related to my browser was to insist that they attempt to log on themselves with my account info. That turned a potential two-hour support call into only 20 minutes or so.
Tax Dude is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2006, 11:01 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ottawa
Programs: AC*SE, AA PLT, UA 2P
Posts: 501
Angry From bad to worse

I not only have login issues now which cannot be resolved by the "back door" approach, but if/when I do actually login after a large random number of attempts, my flight wallet seems to have short-changed me of one credit on my Ottawa City Pass!

When will this embarrassment of a website ever improve?

Since no one from AC.com support has sought fit to answer my Emails, I guess it's time for the concierges to kick in and help sort this mess out.

AC's IT really sucks big time!
YOWser is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2006, 11:04 pm
  #67  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Posts: 35,280
Originally Posted by YOWser
I not only have login issues now which cannot be resolved by the "back door" approach, but if/when I do actually login after a large random number of attempts, my flight wallet seems to have short-changed me of one credit on my Ottawa City Pass!

When will this embarrassment of a website ever improve?

Since no one from AC.com support has sought fit to answer my Emails, I guess it's time for the concierges to kick in and help sort this mess out.

AC's IT really sucks big time!
I bought the a 10-credit Lat Pass when it first came out and AC ended up shortchanging me one flight as well and I haven't had the time or energy to fight for it after my first attempt.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2006, 11:18 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ottawa
Programs: AC*SE, AA PLT, UA 2P
Posts: 501
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I bought the a 10-credit Lat Pass when it first came out and AC ended up shortchanging me one flight as well and I haven't had the time or energy to fight for it after my first attempt.
Ditto, but I need that last flight later this month so I'll let you know how my adventure with AC goes.

I'm going to try the concierge desk tomorrow first! ^
YOWser is offline  
Old Feb 6, 2006, 1:48 am
  #69  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by ETStar
if it works for me, then don't you think that maybe the issue lies with the configurations of browsers belonging to those who are unable to login? and yes, ac.com _still_ works for me, both browsers.
Not necessarily. But the fact that you can login from the index page is very interesting. I have not changed my configuration. But I have installed the MS security updates within the last couple of weeks.

On another laptop, I have WinXP SP2 that has not been updated in over 6 months. But I cannnot login -- I had been able to previously. I can get in via the 'work around' -- selecting a flt and login. I have deleted cookies, all cached temp files and rebooted. I have tried on another computer with IE 7. But still no luck using Sign In on the index page.

By contrast I can login on the AE site, although I'm hesitant to mention it.

Last edited by diseman; Feb 6, 2006 at 2:12 am
diseman is offline  
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:51 am
  #70  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: YYC
Posts: 23,850
Originally Posted by diseman
Not necessarily. But the fact that you can login from the index page is very interesting. I have not changed my configuration. But I have installed the MS security updates within the last couple of weeks.

On another laptop, I have WinXP SP2 that has not been updated in over 6 months. But I cannnot login -- I had been able to previously. I can get in via the 'work around' -- selecting a flt and login. I have deleted cookies, all cached temp files and rebooted. I have tried on another computer with IE 7. But still no luck using Sign In on the index page.

By contrast I can login on the AE site, although I'm hesitant to mention it.

A fresh Windows install might work?
Stranger is offline  
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:53 am
  #71  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: YYZ
Posts: 1,677
Lightbulb There better be some good will gesture...

AIR CANADA, LISTEN UP:

This embarassment and invonvenience have been on-going for waaaay too long now. At the end of this all (or maybe in increments throughout, if the situation is to continue), some good-will gifting to those affected may be appropriate. Personally, I feel like having "earned" at least one SSWU by now.
blue2002 is offline  
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:55 am
  #72  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: YYC
Posts: 23,850
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Nope, it seems to be account-related. The way I convinced the Indian tech support folks it wasn't related to my browser was to insist that they attempt to log on themselves with my account info. That turned a potential two-hour support call into only 20 minutes or so.

Account-related would be real weird. That would not be a browser issue, and it should be easy to fix at their end. (And I would credit them to be smart enough at least to look at the problem. But not enough to fix it. )

I stll suspect there are other issues involved, which got to be browser-related. Involving perhaps things such as security.
Stranger is offline  
Old Feb 6, 2006, 12:16 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Dia Amb
Posts: 3,444
Originally Posted by Stranger
Account-related would be real weird. That would not be a browser issue, and it should be easy to fix at their end. (And I would credit them to be smart enough at least to look at the problem. But not enough to fix it. )

I stll suspect there are other issues involved, which got to be browser-related. Involving perhaps things such as security.
Well, I'm assuming that it's not browser-related since I can log on with both my sons' accounts but not mine. Up until last week my wife's worked too - Hey! Maybe it's related to miles flown!

I can't log on from any of the dozen+ different machine/browsers/access providers I've tried over the past few weeks either: PC, Mac, Blackberry, data valet in MLL, MLL computers, AC tech support, etc. I even tried a machine I had here that hadn't been plugged in for a year, so it's working on very old versions of IE and its assorted updates. Same error message every time.

I can't believe it's taking them this long to fix. I gave them my AP number and password, they could reproduce the problem on their machines, what more do they need?

I sent off my first-ever email to a company president today. We'll see what comes of that.
Tax Dude is offline  
Old Feb 7, 2006, 8:54 am
  #74  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: YYC
Posts: 23,850
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Well, I'm assuming that it's not browser-related since I can log on with both my sons' accounts but not mine. Up until last week my wife's worked too - Hey! Maybe it's related to miles flown!

I can't log on from any of the dozen+ different machine/browsers/access providers I've tried over the past few weeks either: PC, Mac, Blackberry, data valet in MLL, MLL computers, AC tech support, etc. I even tried a machine I had here that hadn't been plugged in for a year, so it's working on very old versions of IE and its assorted updates. Same error message every time.

I can't believe it's taking them this long to fix. I gave them my AP number and password, they could reproduce the problem on their machines, what more do they need?

I sent off my first-ever email to a company president today. We'll see what comes of that.
That is indeed odd.

In the meantime, it continues working fine for me. Just bought myslef a ticket this morning.

BTW, if indeed many people are affected, the result should show up in their stats, booking on the web vs. on the phone or through TAs. Or is this actually a sickness that's mostly endemic on Flyertalk?
Stranger is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:12 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ottawa
Programs: AC*SE, AA PLT, UA 2P
Posts: 501
Red face Seems to be fixed (for now)

This was definitely account related, since I changed nothing on my browser and all the various logins work as expected again after 2+ weeks of problems. My flight-pass accounting issue was also magically fixed.

While I am gratified to have regained the privilege to be able to give AC my money electronically again, my confidence in this issue being permanently fixed is pretty low given the opaque manner in which AC handled this major IT snafu and resulting preferred customer inconvenience!

I fully agree with Blue2002 that some form of compensation to those affected is in order. :-:
YOWser is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.