Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It seems like there are a lot of issues with the only cancellation/refund of Aeroplan bookings.

Like I cancelled mine and it didn't refund the points or taxes/fees. So I had to call in.

I'm glad I noticed.

I decided to look through all my bookings. I found a 50k redemption, but couldn't find an active booking. I mentioned it to the agent. That was another one that had been cancelled but not refunded.

This is a pretty serious bug.

Edit: For reference, the outcome of my call:

Also, this caused the IKKs to be refunded. I thought that counter was lower than it should have been.
jerry305 likes this.

Last edited by canadiancow; Aug 27, 2019 at 2:45 pm
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm amused by someone having so many damn Aeroplan miles that they entirely missed the fact they were short by ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THOUSAND.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It seems like there are a lot of issues with the only cancellation/refund of Aeroplan bookings.

Like I cancelled mine and it didn't refund the points or taxes/fees. So I had to call in.

I'm glad I noticed.

I decided to look through all my bookings. I found a 50k redemption, but couldn't find an active booking. I mentioned it to the agent. That was another one that had been cancelled but not refunded.

This is a pretty serious bug.

Edit: For reference, the outcome of my call:

Also, this caused the IKKs to be refunded. I thought that counter was lower than it should have been.

Keep an eye on your card for the refund of the fees.. I've had to call 2x about that already.. and still waiting. First call got an easy refund of the miles.

Ron.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I'm amused by someone having so many damn Aeroplan miles that they entirely missed the fact they were short by ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY THOUSAND.
To be fair, I was calling about the 110k, which I certainly noticed.

Since June, I've booked 320k+30k+30k+50k+25k+50k+110k, and refunded 30k+50k+110k, so it was less than 10% of the total redeemed, and about 25% of the expected refund.

It's hard to keep track of the balance when it's jumping up and down like that. The 30k and 50k refunds were in the middle of other bookings, so harder to notice. The 110k was my last booking, so it was very obvious when the balance didn't jump up after the refund.

Originally Posted by newfbc
Keep an eye on your card for the refund of the fees.. I've had to call 2x about that already.. and still waiting. First call got an easy refund of the miles.

Ron.
Thanks, just set a reminder for Saturday. I have the eticket refund emails, so I assume that means we're good, but I'll check.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
eUp site isn't working. That is REALLY annoying. I do not have the option to call right now. If my R1 goes to R0 and I am stuck in Y to EU I will not be happy. I bought a B fare because it was O0 and I want an instant upgrade.

First world problems I guess.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
eUp site isn't working. That is REALLY annoying. I do not have the option to call right now. If my R1 goes to R0 and I am stuck in Y to EU I will not be happy. I bought a B fare because it was O0 and I want an instant upgrade.

First world problems I guess.
If only you had someone that could call for you...
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:21 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've had mixed results with IKKs being refunded. The last one I did cancelled and refunded points plus taxes etc fine, but not the IKK.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I got this email - anyone know what this is about? Not sure what Aircanada mobile+ is - I thought I just have the app?

The Air Canada account is evolving in 2019, making way for a new and improved log-in experience. As part of this evolution, we will be discontinuing Air Canada mobile+ service in the coming weeks.

Since you have already linked your Aeroplan® and Air Canada mobile+ accounts, we will transfer your previously saved passenger and payment information to your new account, which will be available soon. This is a great opportunity to make sure your profile is up to date by logging in to the Air Canada App and verifying your account information before we transfer it.

Stay tuned for more details about the new Air Canada account and how we are working to provide you with a seamless log-in experience.

Once Air Canada mobile+ is discontinued, you will no longer have access to its features, including saved passenger and payment information at time of booking and check-in, as well as expiry notifications for your saved credit cards and travel documents.

With the exception of Air Canada mobile+ account features, all other functions of the Air Canada App and Flight Pass App will continue to be available, including booking, flight status, flight notifications, check-in and boarding pass.

Thank you,
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I got this email - anyone know what this is about? Not sure what Aircanada mobile+ is - I thought I just have the app?
See post 211 in The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)
jerry305 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Lie-flat seats? Oh really? That's not what the seat map shows! (333 layout 2).

Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:00 pm

Don't some of the not-yet-reconfigured 330s have 2-2-2 lie-flat?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:57 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Don't some of the not-yet-reconfigured 330s have 2-2-2 lie-flat?
They're angle-flat seats. So whether that's "lie-flat" can be open to interpretation.
ffsim and canadiancow like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait

"Traffic jam"
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K; SQ KF Elite Gold; AS MVP 75k; DL Plat.; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Gold;
Originally Posted by jerry305

"Traffic jam"
Yeah, I am on hold with AE right now and this is what I'm seeing as well. The agent just said "There are a lot of roadblocks today within our system and I apologize for the long wait."
I wonder if the AE agents get a prompt with the same screen on their end as well! Roadblocks, traffic jams maybe stalled vehicles are next..
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
In my experience over the past few days, the app still works during the traffic jam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.