Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is for Aeroplan website.

I am getting Error Page whenever I go to Book Award - whether it is from the tab on the top or from Help Tools (2 areas inside Help Menu can access "Book"), the website would flash with a screen showing the booking options but in just a second or so it changed to Error Page, and then tells me to log in despite I already logged in. Tried both FireFox and Chrome. Same outcome. Operating System is Window 8.1.

Last Year I have had the same issue when access Book Travel from the home page. A patient rep poked around and found the workaround from Help Tools using incognito. Unfortunately this time I and a rep spent a good 20 min trying all alternatives she could think of, including incognito window, reboot the computer, all still led to Error Page.

The Error Page URL is https://www.aeroplan.com/do.error

It looks to me the redirect regardless from any where on the site, has failed to capture the address for booking search.

At the end she dug up something she recalled from long time ago - a direct URL address that is the flight search screem - that works, ONLY after I have already logged in, then change the URL to the following:

https//www.aeroplan/adr/AirBooking.do?search

This goes to the older version of the Aeroplan site, i.e. no fancy images just the plain orange heading, white boxes, plain jane no frill booking page, but it works.

She said she has helped other customers on the same issues - for unknown reasons (tickets have been submitted to web support according to her) some customers have gotten the Error Page message but usually could work around to access from the Help Tool tab (like what I could a few months ago).

While the above works, for the time being, it is very frustrating to get this Error Page again and this time no easy way to get around.

Does anyone have experience the Error Page? And how do you get around it? Does it have something to do with privacy setting, i.e. accepts 3rd party cookies or something like that? Ad Blocker?
Any comments would be very much appreciated.

EDIT - after some googling. it seems some people had the same problem a few months ago but there is no recent data.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 8, 2019 at 9:13 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Why is it so difficult to harmonize "My Bookings" between the web and the app?

When I book through TA, as I usually do, it shows up in the app but not on the web.

Bookings made on AC site show up in both places of course. Anyway, it's only a mild nuisance but it's basically utterly ridiculous IMO.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

When I book through TA, as I usually do, it shows up in the app but not on the web.

Bookings made on AC site show up in both places of course. Anyway, it's only a mild nuisance but it's basically utterly ridiculous IMO.
And as we know, bookings made on Aeroplan also do not show up in "My Bookings", you have to access it by the individual PNR.

Also, bookings made with an AC res agent also do not show up in My Bookings, but again by PNR only.

Why we ask? Because the Commodore 64 is just not remotely capable.

My recent experience with some AC agents is that some know about this issue and many don't.

I would also add that it is amusing when a booking for the same trip and PNR of course, shows the destination as something different in the App versus the website. I won't even venture to guess why that is.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Also throw in the FP bookings. Another completely different view.

(I'm well aware that it's a different "engine", if you will, but for the end user, not fun to jump around)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by 24left
I adore my 64, my Commodore 64....
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by 24left
Oh, come on now, we all know that AC would never use a home computer for critical infrastructure. I'm sure they have something much more suited to business use..... like a Commodore PET.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Also throw in the FP bookings. Another completely different view.

(I'm well aware that it's a different "engine", if you will, but for the end user, not fun to jump around)
The app uses a separate system (Mobile+), which seems to be pulling all bookings with your number in the FQTV field (i.e. everything except Aeroplan).

I have no idea why they can't do the same thing when you're logged in with just your Aeroplan number (i.e. the value of the FQTV field).

At this point I've pretty much given up on waiting for improvements until the 1A switchover is complete.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Looks like an improvement to the double emails that were about 2-3 hours apart

Aside for that, that's a lot of emails for the Big Worldwide Seat Sale.

Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
And I still can't get a single email.

AC clearly hates me.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
And I still can't get a single email.

AC clearly hates me.
Same. I cannot get sale or related emails from AC. I get Altitude stuff, Aeroplan. AC for business, but no sales. We have a designer domain extension, so that's likely the problem, despite the email being registered everywhere and receives flight confirmations, etc.

Get the attached error when I try to manage the email subscription preferences.

Twitter DM team "will notify IT". Sure.

Edit: Why you need to enter your email address, to receive a link in an email to edit your email subscription preferences in the first place is beyond me.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
I'm considering joining twitter only to publicly complain to AC and get action.

I have an AC refund request pending since Sep-11. It has been escalated and I was told I would receive a call within a week, that was several weeks ago. Status just remains open online.
The request is for AC staff at YYZ making my parents pay change fee and rebooking fee for a SDC at the airport on a flex fare. They were told to call it in, as opposed to sorting it out at the airport directly at no charge. Since that time, I went from two parents to one parent, and not to jest, but I feel AC would wait until I have no parents before this issue is addressed. StatusOpenStatus Date11/09/2018

Things like this make it hard to like or respect AC
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
For security purposes, access to your account has been blocked after repeated unsuccessful attempts to log in. You will need to reset your password to regain access to your account.
This is the second time in two weeks this has happened to me.

And now I have to reset my password again.

Why???

Clearly my old password was doing just fine (hence repeated unsuccessful attempts), so why the heck do I need a new one?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:54 pm
Suspended

SERIOUSLY ?????????

Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Got wrong pw message after changing mine yesterday and then this:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by allbrosca
Got wrong pw message after changing mine yesterday and then this:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
I have been getting that for the past half hour. Grrrr.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.