Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:29 pm

Thanks for checking. Ad blocker was the problem.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by forgotmyUA
Thanks for checking. Ad blocker was the problem.
I have a hosts file with lots of add or tracking sites blacklisted. Usually on Firefox it's not a problem with aeroplan. Mind you I may have at some point checked and enabled access to whatver aeroplan needs to work.

Some other sites yes, sometimes I need to disable my hosts file. The google catcha yes it's an issue.

Typically if it cannot connect to some of these sites, firefox skips. Chrome OTOH stalls. Obvious philosophical difference.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Same-day change has not worked all day for me on the website nor the app.

However, in true AC IT failure style, my American Express and Visa has been repeatedly authorized for the SDC fee.

Two calls into the Priority line involved frustrating calls with two dullards that advised me to keep trying on both the website and the app, as there is nothing they can do.

Luckily I called another number I have as back-up, and the agent quasi-apologized for the multiple credit card authorizations and then manually processed the SDC. There are now 5 Amex and 2 Visa authorizations from Air Canada for the same simple transaction. I was advised that the multiple authorizations should drop off in 10 days and if they do not, then dispute them.

Why do simple things become so frustrating with AC? Has any other FTer had SDC issues online or the app?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Aeroplan Res Error on Tax Changes

Anyone else getting an error trying to book AP reservations? I am getting errors on both my computer and on the app when trying to book simple Canada-US return ticket. I can select flights and see the AP miles and taxes, but when I try to book it says the taxes were recalculated and they could not complete the booking. Similar is on the AP app on my iPhone.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:51 pm

Just looking at some flights now.
I can't price out itineraries with TG or OS segments.
SQ, LH and LX price ok.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
I can price, select flights, etc. Just get the following when I click "Book":

THE TAXES CHANGED DURING YOUR BOOKING
Due to real-time availability, the airport taxes and surcharges changed during your booking
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Received the "check in now" email for flight tomorrow, 27.5 hours before the flight. Seemed odd, but okay.
The travellers did not do so immediately but did try 24.5 hours before the flight and got the "you idiot, the flight is not open for check-in yet" screen.
I've had the email three hours after I'd already checked in but never over three hours before the check in is available.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Tonight was a new one for me. I have an upcoming flight booked in a Standard fare and decided to change it to Flex to try and burn some e-ups I didn't think I'd have left over when I originally booked. On aircanada.com the cost difference was $46. Called in and the CSR said the cost difference was $121! Okay, that's odd, but sounds like online is the way to go.

Went through the process on the website to change the fare, it charged my Visa $46 and sent me a confirmation email showing I was now in Flex. The website even let me select preferred seats at no cost. Good to go. Then when reviewing my booking in the AC app, I noticed that my fare type had changed from "Standard" to "Undefined", and that the app still wanted to charge me for any further seat changes. The eUpgrade site showed the same flight twice, both with error messages. Something's out of whack.

Called in and explained the above to the agent. She told me that her system showed that I had just paid to change from Standard to Standard and the $46 reflected the fare difference between Standard when I booked it and Standard today. I said no, that's obviously not right, I definitely chose Flex and had the confirmation in front of me.

She wasn't having it, told me I was still in Standard and my only option was to pay an additional $75 to change to Flex. Didn't want to check into it for me; it was either pay the $75 or buzz off. We both got frustrated and it went downhill after that.

So, I HUCA about an hour later after I cooled down and got someone who was actually willing to try and figure it out. At first she gave me the same story: "I believe you but we still show you as being in Standard. If you want Flex it'll be $75." I pushed back a little bit more and said again, "The website says I'm in Flex, the email says I'm in Flex, you must be able to see on your end that I'm now in preferred seats that I didn't pay for..."

She put me on hold for about five minutes, came back and said she'd called ticketing and between them they decided it was a website glitch (you think?). Because it was their fault, they took responsibility and put me in Flex for real, at no additional cost ("You got a deal").

The bottom line: aircanada.com used the Standard-->Standard fare difference as the basis for a Standard-->Flex fare change request, charged me the quoted amount, let me choose seats and sent me a confirmation email... all without ever actually putting me in Flex.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I can price, select flights, etc. Just get the following when I click "Book":

THE TAXES CHANGED DURING YOUR BOOKING
Due to real-time availability, the airport taxes and surcharges changed during your booking
Anyone else getting this error?? I tried again this morning, but received the same error. Don't have time to call in and argue with an agent that I should not pay a fee for booking over the phone because their website doesn't work!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:18 am

Anyone else getting this error?? I tried again this morning, but received the same error. Don't have time to call in and argue with an agent that I should not pay a fee for booking over the phone because their website doesn't work!
I called in to AP. There was some issue with the system trying to charge me two Carrier Surcharges when I actually tried to book it. He had to override it to complete the booking.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the Aeroplan databased crashed.
Altitude gives :internal error."Aeroplan.com: 503

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.aircanada.com:
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later or contact Air Canada Reservations.(6000)
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
Looks like the Aeroplan databased crashed.
Altitude gives :internal error."Aeroplan.com: 503

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.aircanada.com:
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later or contact Air Canada Reservations.(6000)
Looks like everything is down. I can't log in to AC, Altitude or AP
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Looks like everything is down. I can't log in to AC, Altitude or AP
There should be a Skytrax award for 'Most Unstable, Most Outages, Most Frustrating Airline Website Experience'.
jc94 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR

Try closer to 10 000 things wrong

I've had a complaint file open for 6 weeks now, I assume this is around the average time I'll hear back. When I check on the site it just says status "open"
im at 12 weeks post refund request. For a very simple request and ac was at fault (im sure they'll disagree)!

i called a few weeks ago and was told there was nothing to do except wait. Any way to escalate this?

Fwiw its a request on my parents behalf. They had a flex ticket and needed sdc while in the airport. Agents told them to call ac to change which incurred substantial cost. I feel they were just dismissed and not given the right info that the change should have no cost with their fare class
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
AC.com: For the past 2 weeks, the menus for TPAC have not been loaded. Nothing shows after December 21.
Why? What is so difficult about loading a menu? It is bad enough that they can't even note their options to show that there are no specific menus to PEK or TPE and that one must use the HKG route.
Negative experience and really poor customer experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.