Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Geoflying
Cleared cookies again this morning and it is now working for me
What took you so long?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Cleared cookies again this morning and it is now working for me
I didn't clear cookies, and it's working now
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
News paper in YVR domestic MLL

told today no more globe and mail in yvr mll lounge only Vancouver sun another cut back
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
don't you just love it when you're in the middle of piecing out itineraries and the site goes down in the middle of the night for "routine maintenance"

except it's 9.30pm on a Tuesday?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:36 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Smiley90
don't you just love it when you're in the middle of piecing out itineraries and the site goes down in the middle of the night for "routine maintenance"

Yup, love it. But hey, we're not on Eastern Time so we don't count.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yup, love it. But hey, we're not on Eastern Time so we don't count.
Isn't Aeroplan GMT? It is for releasing new availability (at least, I've seen flights appear at 19:10 EST).
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jc94
Isn't Aeroplan GMT? It is for releasing new availability (at least, I've seen flights appear at 19:10 EST).
Aeroplan operates in whichever time zone is least convenient for its customers.
yscleo, Bohemian1, jc94 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G

Trying again tonight, and after logging in (! despite the "log in" button at the top) and trying to go to "Use your miles" I get this:

alright, let's try again tomorrow.

edit: Now it won't even let me log-in anymore. Hitting the "log-in" button just throws it for a loop and im back at the login screen.

Last edited by Smiley90; Apr 25, 2018 at 9:01 pm
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
So folks are able to LH First Class awards months in advance through Avianca LifeMiles and Singapore Krisflyer but the space is not visible on Aeroplan ? How come ?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
So folks are able to LH First Class awards months in advance through Avianca LifeMiles and Singapore Krisflyer but the space is not visible on Aeroplan ? How come ?
No idea. But Lucky had a post about this today (as did others). He wrote:

"Do note that Air Canada Aeroplan and United MileagePlus don’t have access to this space. My guess is that this is because they’ve added restrictions on their end that prevent that space from being shown further out. However, other programs, including Avianca LifeMiles, Singapore KrisFlyer, Aegean Miles+Bonus, and more, do have access to Lufthansa first class award space further out."

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....pe-in-advance/
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by 24left
No idea. But Lucky had a post about this today (as did others). He wrote:

"Do note that Air Canada Aeroplan and United MileagePlus don’t have access to this space. My guess is that this is because they’ve added restrictions on their end that prevent that space from being shown further out. However, other programs, including Avianca LifeMiles, Singapore KrisFlyer, Aegean Miles+Bonus, and more, do have access to Lufthansa first class award space further out."

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....pe-in-advance/
Could this be related to the LX F fiasco from a few months ago? Maybe Aeroplan put some serious safeguards in place to prevent Lufthansa group F space from being released outside of the usual 2 weeks notice.
ffsim likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by jasdou

Could this be related to the LX F fiasco from a few months ago? Maybe Aeroplan put some serious safeguards in place to prevent Lufthansa group F space from being released outside of the usual 2 weeks notice.
Aerolan members should be entitled to book these advance LH F seats since their release doesn't seem to be a mistake
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
For a flight three weeks from now, I checked the eUpgrades page to verify what the upgrade window was, and instead of "Upgrades can only be requested within N days of departure", I found an offer to waitlist me right now for an upgrade that would cost zero points if successful. Naturally, I accepted this offer, only to be told "Your upgrade request was not successful". When I tried again, I got the correct report for the value of N.

Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Forgive me if I am swearing but this is ridiculous. I hate *** Aeroplan. I really do. I am trying to book a ticket and am inputting the final info and then this;

We're currently undergoing routine maintenance of the site to ensure that you continue to have the best possible experience on Aeroplan.com. The site will be back up at 10:00 GMT at which point we’ll be happy to assist you.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you and check back later.
Thank you for your patience

Seriously? Every *** *** night. Curse you Aeroplan. May you rot in the land of insolvency and may your shareholders and investors lose money for eternity.
400,000+ useless points that I am unable to redeem whenever I log on.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
400,000+ useless points that I am unable to redeem whenever I log on.
Log on earlier. You’re going to be much angrier if you don’t end up using the vast majority of those miles before the divorce.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.