Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:26 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
In the case of AC and Aeroplan's awful apps, shouldn't the front end look like the back end?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
In the case of AC and Aeroplan's awful apps, shouldn't the front end look like the back end?

seems about right
YYC traveler and Jumper Jack like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:55 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RangerNS

seems about right
More like it!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:37 pm

Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:44 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Anyone else stuck on the "Processing...Results will appear shortly" with no results ever appearing?

EDIT: Incognito mode on chrome works fine...
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AC MM+
same.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: AC & HH
According to their phone system and CAR there is a systemwide outage. Tech is working on getting everything up and running with no estimated resumption of service. That was 20 mins ago or so.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:14 am

Nothing from @AirCanada
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Oapos
According to their phone system and CAR there is a systemwide outage. Tech is working on getting everything up and running with no estimated resumption of service. That was 20 mins ago or so.
My laptop decided to install updates and shut down overnight. Perhaps AC had the same and someone needs to hit the power button.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Maybe not .com related but man...it's STAGGERING sometimes the phone service. Called in today hoping to avoid a change fee...

Agent 1: But sir, that'll incur a $100 change fee (I thought it was $150, so at least that's a positive) because we already changed the ticket once.
Me: Yes but it was only changed because there were no other options and I didn't want to lose my seats entirely, now a new option that I would've taken to begin with has opened up.

Agent 1 persists about the fee...ok fine, let's assume I'll pay the fee and work on the change.
Agent 1: What's the route?

Me: KBP-YVR.

Agent: There's nothing. Where are you looking.

Me: On your website, but you have to look leg by leg, I have all the flights ready if you want.

Agent: What's the routing?

Me: KBP-LJU-ZRH-YUL-YVR

Agent: Where are you seeing this? There's nothing.

Me: On your website. Again, I've got the flights ready if you want them.

Agent: Ok lets start with the first one, KBP-LJU, what airline is that.

Me: Adria.

Agent: Excuse me?

Me: Adria Airways.

Agent:...*type type type* sir there's nothing, I've never heard of them, maybe they're not part of star alliance.

Me: (ready to blow up now, because I've condensed this conversation, but it FEELS like it's been going on for an hour of nonsensical back and forth already) OMG yes they are, the airline code is JP.

Agent: Sir you don't need to get angry with me when I'm trying to help you.

Me: But you're wrong, I know you're wrong and I can't explain it any further than I already have.

Agent: Well, there's no availability, so I'm not sure what you want me to do.

Me: *click*.

HUACA....

Agent 2: blah blah niceties...

Me: Explaining the situation about the original change...

Agent 2: I'm not sure we'll be able to do that without the fee

Me: Ok no problem.

Agent 2: What's the route?

Me: KBP-YVR, I've got all the flights lined up.

Agent 2: Looks like there's nothing that day, you say you found the availability on our site?

Me: Yes, it's 3 stops, so I think that's why it doesn't show on the site.

Agent 2: Ok go ahead and give me the flights. *tap tap tap* Ok I've got them, the last leg is premium economy, so I'll put a note on the file to put you as Standby for business class (sidebar, has anyone had that work? I'll keep an eye on space availability myself to not rely on it, but in the past, I've never had them bump me up...presumably the cabin is either paid full or elites take the upgrades first) and it looks like we can do this without the change fee, but because this one is basically optional it'll be the last time you can change this without the fee sir. (Assuming there's no other sked changes making my connections illegal)

Me: Of course, no problem. Thanks alot. *click*

The two interactions could not have been more different. It's amazing how incompetent one person can be and how awesome someone else can be. Forget the fee waiver, to me it makes sense, but I can see how a stickler would see it too. But even just being able to find the flights, like I've already done all the work, I have it all for you, and you STILL can't find it? Then you say the airline isn't part of star alliance, which btw, you sell award space on non-star alliance airlines as well...then when faced with her being wrong, she pushes back rather than saying like "ok let me look again" or "you know what, let me ask someone else, maybe they've got experience looking for JP flights".

Night. And. Day.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:14 pm

Anyone noticing Altitude data especially slow this week? Normally my Sunday flights are posted by Wednesday.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:05 am

Trying to change seats in the Android app, for a segment I'm waitlisted for an eUp, I get the business cabin and am unable to select anything (duh).

It presents a blocking warning message when I try to change to the next segment.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Is anyone having issues with the eUp site? Can log in but cannot pull up any bookings or switch to any of the other tabs (eUpgrade History or eUpgrades to Share). Tried Incognito as well with no luck.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Is anyone having issues with the eUp site? Can log in but cannot pull up any bookings or switch to any of the other tabs (eUpgrade History or eUpgrades to Share). Tried Incognito as well with no luck.
It hasn't worked for many days. See eUpgrade Site Down?
capedreamer likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
It hasn't worked for many days. See eUpgrade Site Down?
Thanks. Seems to be working again for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.