Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by tcook052
This may not necessarily be related, but likely fits here more than starting a new thread: I found today some flights YEG-YMM were available on my TA CRS but didn't show at ac.com. I thought all flights would show online, even if they are sold out.
I've had this happen just a couple of times on ac.com where flights seem to "disappear" if they are sold out in all classes on the day in question, whereas on Matrix there's an option to display "all flights" or only those with space available. Useful in that it permits verification that the flight does exist, albeit 100% full.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by hireable
Has anyone got the error
THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE

I have found the flights I want and when I go to pay I get this error. I tried the call centre and they said they can't see the same flight.

I search via United and also see the same results. Am I out of luck?
Ive had this before and called in to try but same issue with agent on phone. Agent said AC revenue management may be modifying availability but I think its phantom space.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
If you can start the check in process and it breaks at the end, then you are either DHP, SSSS, or required to do a doc check (wife had that once and she got a DOC OK on BP, but maybe that's something else).

If all they want is to see your passport, you can skip the line as the selfserve can validate the passports (apparently), and so no need to queue.

Please report what ends up happening so we can validate for other FTers.
At priority checkin in YYZ I mentioned the problem with online checkin. The AC agent said its been an issue all week with checking in online.

So so its either a tech glitch or a doc check as he had to verify visa. Nothing on bP related to docs though.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by seegs
At priority checkin in YYZ I mentioned the problem with online checkin. The AC agent said its been an issue all week with checking in online.

So so its either a tech glitch or a doc check as he had to verify visa. Nothing on bP related to docs though.
US bound flight?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
US bound flight?
Delhi. I flew to US a few days prior with no issue.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Oh buzz off

Attached Images  
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
Oh buzz off

Wait does something like this not pop up EVERY single time you go to AC.com?

Because it does for me.

Except the option is USA, not Norway.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Wait does something like this not pop up EVERY single time you go to AC.com?

Because it does for me.....
You know you are in a far better position to answer a question like this than I am.
I don't know why AC IT anything does what it does.
I am using the same device.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Except the option is USA, not Norway.
I'll trade.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:34 pm

Oh buzz off

Had the same thing for the last month or so. A big number showed up for a ticket and then I realized that AC is suggesting I move to Norway.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Had the same thing for the last month or so. A big number showed up for a ticket and then I realized that AC is suggesting I move to Norway.
Not such a bad place if you want to move. Especially if you like Teslas.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Trs amusant

Attached Images  
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trs amusant

Somehow they associate your IP with Norway. What happens if you connect through a VPN?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
Somehow they associate your IP with Norway. What happens if you connect through a VPN?
@Stranger
For fun, I tested AC.com on 3 different browsers, in regular and PrivateWindow/Incognito Modes and well as one iOS device, 2 different browsers and cell connection instead of wifi.

When using Private/Incognito on desktop, the pop-up window defaults to choosing between Canada and the U.S. Slightly different results for the iOS tests

If AC's site is associating my IP with Norway, then I can't explain why the AC Norwegian edition pops up on one browser out of 3, but only when in regular mode. If I use that same browser in Private/Incognito, the pop-up window is the Canada/U.S. one.

Since this tech adventure is well above my pay grade, I'll just leave it be and enjoy the entertainment of seeing AC fares in NOK.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Thumbs up AC Website Maintenance Advisory

I don't recall seeing one of these before. But I'm sure someone will correct me.

I'll estimate it's been easily more than a year - perhaps 2 - that some of us have been asking AC and Aeroplan to post a notice when they plan to do maintenance on the website.

We've posted examples of how other airlines and hotels do it.

So, imagine the welcome that greeted me here.

Oddly, the site seems to be available and it's not yet 20:00 EST.

---------
Mods - wasn't sure if this post belonged the "Suggestion Box" thread, the "complaints" thread, the "AC website" thread or somewhere else. Feel free to move/merge.

Attached Images  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
I don't recall seeing one of these before. But I'm sure someone will correct me.

I'll estimate it's been easily more than a year - perhaps 2 - that some of us have been asking AC and Aeroplan to post a notice when they plan to do maintenance on the website.

We've posted examples of how other airlines and hotels do it.

So, imagine the welcome that greeted me here.

Oddly, the site seems to be available and it's not yet 20:00 EST.

---------
Mods - wasn't sure if this post belonged the "Suggestion Box" thread, the "complaints" thread, the "AC website" thread or somewhere else. Feel free to move/merge.

Well that is a distinct improvement.

Now if only if there was a warning about the eyesore of a livery before the photo of the plane pops up with an option to have it blanked out.
Jumper Jack likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.