Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by quantumofforce

Are there any gold stars left for anyone else?

:-::-::-::-:
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
The Only Four Star Airline of NA
Aeroplan isn't an airline.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Aeroplan isn't an airline.
FF Rewards program should be considered part of evaluation.
I could careless if its part of AC or not.

Truth is.. AE is a crucial part for a flier on AC.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Well AC almost lost another sale from me but they did get it in the end.

Last night 10pm PST I decided to take 296 today, only J is available (Y is sold out) but that's fine, I was going to book J anyway.

Anyway, try to book, doesn't work, call in and they can't do it either - systems are down.

This morning I tried again when I had a minute and I was finally able to book - but these systems going down are really starting to cut into AC's last minute J purchases. I almost had to go WS (not because I wanted to but because their website was working).
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Well AC almost lost another sale from me but they did get it in the end.

Last night 10pm PST I decided to take 296 today, only J is available (Y is sold out) but that's fine, I was going to book J anyway.

Anyway, try to book, doesn't work, call in and they can't do it either - systems are down.

This morning I tried again when I had a minute and I was finally able to book - but these systems going down are really starting to cut into AC's last minute J purchases. I almost had to go WS (not because I wanted to but because their website was working).

Whew! For a minute there, this would have been a perfect candidate for an AC "We're Sorry" e-mail.

#betasuckage
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FF Rewards program should be considered part of evaluation.
I could careless if its part of AC or not.

Truth is.. AE is a crucial part for a flier on AC.
Truth is, for 95-98% of AC's customers who buy Tango, Aeroplan is no longer really part of the game.

For people on FT, story is a bit different of course. However, more and more, it is mainly the status advantages offered by AC within the altitude BS that matter. Even when dealing with Aeroplan, for us, it is the different rules that AC has negotiated for us with Aeroplan that are important. IKK, no YQ, that sort of things. Even priority phone No. is really an AC thing.

Perception may still go to Aeroplan. But reality, not so much.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Stranger
Truth is, for 95-98% of AC's customers who buy Tango, Aeroplan is no longer really part of the game.

For people on FT, story is a bit different of course. However, more and more, it is mainly the status advantages offered by AC within the altitude BS that matter. Even when dealing with Aeroplan, for us, it is the different rules that AC has negotiated for us with Aeroplan that are important. IKK, no YQ, that sort of things. Even priority phone No. is really an AC thing.

Perception may still go to Aeroplan. But reality, not so much.
Well as far as the students around me goes.
They still care about aeroplan points & many of them use the new TD/CIBC to accumulate
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Are there any gold stars left for anyone else?

:-::-::-::-:

Meanwhile as I stare into the abyss of forever spinning red circle on the new AC site.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Oct 7, 2016 at 6:55 pm
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:45 pm
Suspended

@TangoJack

Very nice.
But I was asking if there were any gold stars left because if you look at the link quantumofforce posted, it seems Virgin America got all of them.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well as far as the students around me goes.
They still care about aeroplan points & many of them use the new TD/CIBC to accumulate
Wait until they figure the only rewards they can get worth something are toasters.

Bottom line, if you don't have status (and perhaps I should say SE status), Aeroplan miles are almost as worthless as Air miles. Of course, with occasional exceptions.

All smoke and mirror.

I was just looking at using a reward from Germany to Spain, on LH. Aeroplan asked for 45,000 points plus $220. I can buy the same C class ticket for around EUR 350. Guess what i'll do. The EUR 350 is around CAD 500. So that's about CAD (500-220) for 45,000 + 1000 + 750 miles. About 0.6 cents/mile.

And this is one of the better ones. (With IKK transatlantic, I probably still can get around 2 cents/mile now that they don't make us pay YQ anymore, even after the last devaluation.)
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by 24left
Whew! For a minute there, this would have been a perfect candidate for an AC "We're Sorry" e-mail.

#betasuckage
Ya, I don't really want a sorry email, or a promo code, or whatever else people here keep saying they way. I just want it to work.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right now. $3200 ticket.

We're experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

If the problem persists, please contact Air Canada Reservations Opens in a new window and provide this error message number. Error number (4002)

We're not able to process your request right now.
Please contact Air Canada Reservations Opens in a new window and provide this error message number.
Error number (9102)
Old Oct 8, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
All evening, trying to access a reservation on the website:

We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7)
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by segacs
All evening, trying to access a reservation on the website:

We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7)
Surely the web site went to bed. Just like I would.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New site, when looking for current reservation. Old site works.

Unfortunately we weren't able to retrieve your profile information in order to prepopulate the passenger details below. Please enter them manually.
(117228)
Had to do with some ghost login. Although the page did not show as as we (myself or my wife) being logged on, in some respects it looked like one of us was logged on.

Old page had a strange behavior in some respects, so does the new one, but apparently worse. Design based upon some assumptions that are not always necessarily correct, I suspect. Trouble is, it would appear no one at AC is technically competent enough to call on IBM's BS.

Last edited by Stranger; Oct 9, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.