Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
AC has dared me to go to the CTA more than once. I think they know exactly how close to the line they can skate. Not to say they have the CTA in their pocket but the way it works out, it sounds like the CTA's dialogue is scripted by AC. As long as they cling to the TTY excuse, they think they have it made. AC has told me to walk to a travel agent because they have no way for me to reach Reservations. (Despite every single person in Reservations likely having their own personal SMS device, they won't install that for the airline in place of the obsolete TTY.)

The Twitter team is great and I solve a lot that way, but they don't want to touch money.

AC, sadly, is not alone. I had a dreadful time wth UA last weekend, spending without exaggeration 36 hours of active time trying to change a booking, including someone doing me a favour spending 7 hours on HOLD, and 90 minutes on the phone for no success, driving to the airport, with no success, but then they finally just gave in and did the logical thing that matched the fare rules that they repeatedly claimed could not be done (because bug).

I have to do a lot on foot. Walk to the bank to get them to fix a security freeze on credit card (too many airline tickets on the same day), walk to the TA to book tickets the web won't show, drive to the airport to try to draw them a picture because words don't work, etc.

Just like I do with doctors, getting essentially veterinary care, I am all too often just stuck with whatever level of service they deign to give me. I am racking up AE miles that I can't spend because there is no way for me to "call in" to book the kind of itinerary you guys all book. Some day, I guess my estate will liquidate them all and someone will get a nice toaster.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@flyquiet

Thanks for sharing this. I really can't begin to imagine......
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:18 pm

@24left
Thanks - it's such chronic cognitive dissonance. On the one hand, I'm inconsequential and not worth accessible services, and on the other hand, this most recent frustration is literally a trip to sit on someone's doctoral committee.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
AC has dared me to go to the CTA more than once. I think they know exactly how close to the line they can skate. Not to say they have the CTA in their pocket but the way it works out, it sounds like the CTA's dialogue is scripted by AC. As long as they cling to the TTY excuse, they think they have it made. AC has told me to walk to a travel agent because they have no way for me to reach Reservations. (Despite every single person in Reservations likely having their own personal SMS device, they won't install that for the airline in place of the obsolete TTY.)

The Twitter team is great and I solve a lot that way, but they don't want to touch money.

AC, sadly, is not alone. I had a dreadful time wth UA last weekend, spending without exaggeration 36 hours of active time trying to change a booking, including someone doing me a favour spending 7 hours on HOLD, and 90 minutes on the phone for no success, driving to the airport, with no success, but then they finally just gave in and did the logical thing that matched the fare rules that they repeatedly claimed could not be done (because bug).

I have to do a lot on foot. Walk to the bank to get them to fix a security freeze on credit card (too many airline tickets on the same day), walk to the TA to book tickets the web won't show, drive to the airport to try to draw them a picture because words don't work, etc.

Just like I do with doctors, getting essentially veterinary care, I am all too often just stuck with whatever level of service they deign to give me. I am racking up AE miles that I can't spend because there is no way for me to "call in" to book the kind of itinerary you guys all book. Some day, I guess my estate will liquidate them all and someone will get a nice toaster.
I hope you know there are countless people on FT who would get on chat with you and the phone with AC or Aeroplan if you needed help.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:05 pm

Oh look it's 4pm PST.

That means it's midnight GMT.

That means I can't book on Aeroplan for today any more.

Yaaaaaaay
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:56 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I hope you know there are countless people on FT who would get on chat with you and the phone with AC or Aeroplan if you needed help.
I would second that offer.

Oh look it's 4pm PST.

That means it's midnight GMT.

That means I can't book on Aeroplan for today any more.

Yaaaaaaay
? I'm on the site, search seems to be working okay, at least, although I'm not actually proceeding to booking.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by adam.smith
? I'm on the site, search seems to be working okay, at least, although I'm not actually proceeding to booking.
I've been getting this since 4pm PST.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:34 am

I would second that offer.
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
It's a work in progress. Had a UA leg today and was met at the jet bridge by a porter with an iPad with my name, standing with a wheelchair for me.
#fail
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've been getting this since 4pm PST.
Strange, I've not had any problems there.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:53 pm

So, I was trying to calculate AQD for an upcoming itinerary. Pretty simple itinerary, all AC, booked through ac.com. But the fare breakdown is all gone. Apparently there have been "changes to the itinerary" that mean it can no longer displayed. The only change is an eUp. So I had to go back and dig up the e-mail with the booking info. Yet another ac.com IT fail
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Is it just me or is anyone else getting this error on the Aeroplan website?

"INCOMPLETE REQUEST

An error has occured, please contact Aeroplan at the following number: 1-800-361-5373 and specify the following error code: 7791014885861346660"

I know they usually do maintenance overnight, but this is the middle of the day...
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Strange, I've not had any problems there.
Successful booking on AE 7 February.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:41 am

Is it just me, or is the AC timetable PDF becoming ridiculously bloated? I seem to recall it being about 7-10MB for a long time, it was 17MB a couple weeks ago, and today it's over 20MB.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.