Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-YYZ loads around March 30

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
LHR-YYZ loads around March 30

The Friday, Saturday and Sunday are all packed already except in Y and J.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a UK school break (Easter?) the following week?

Simon
Old Mar 7, 2007, 4:29 pm

Programs: SE (*G)
Funny you posted this. I was wondering the same thing but about different dates. I just booked Toronto-Heathrow March 15-18. The departures were wide open, but my return options were chock-a-block (Sunday or Monday).
Old Mar 7, 2007, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, UK Easter school break is around then.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I know most of the school divisions out west have a March break from 24 March to 1 April, so any pax travelling inbound may be flying back via YYZ rather than on the LHR-YEG NS like they should be.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I believe the UK holidays start 19th/26th March depending on the school.

I was having the opposite problem: Outbound was full (March 9th or 10th or 11th or 12th) and return was wide open (March 23rd or 24th or 25th.)

Cheers
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite BA Blue
My other half is a teacher and the Easter holidays start for her on 30th March - we fly LHR-YYZ-YVR on 31st our flights seem fully booked in Y so may be a chance of an OP-UP and save some SSWU's!!
Old Mar 8, 2007, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
There was some talk of BA having some labour problems(for a change ) around Easter, perhaps some people are avoiding that possibility as well and booking AC instead.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
There was some talk of BA having some labour problems(for a change ) around Easter, perhaps some people are avoiding that possibility as well and booking AC instead.
BA has been pretty full too - I looked at them first over AC because BA flights would yield a 100% AA PLAT bonus (although that would probably only get me 50% of flown miles in total on cheaper fares) + I would get lounge access.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.