Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: LAX MLL & *A Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Flying in LAX via UA in about 3 days.. so where is the MLL lounge?

Will be flying out of LAX on the 7th via AC..
Terminal 2. You won't be able to access the MLL if flying only UA. You need to be flying on a *A carrier that uses T2. IIRC this is only AC/NZ. Not sure if any other *A carriers use T2. Note that you can use the MLL when flying UA if you are arriving on an AC flight and can stay in T2 prior to departing for the UA terminals.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by YEG USER
Terminal 2. You won't be able to access the MLL if flying only UA. You need to be flying on a *A carrier that uses T2. IIRC this is only AC/NZ. Not sure if any other *A carriers use T2. Note that you can use the MLL when flying UA if you are arriving on an AC flight and can stay in T2 prior to departing for the UA terminals.
Looks like its logical for me to use the T2 lounge on departure.. But with an early morning flight.. it probably is stop and go for one of us to get some food before boarding..

Thanks for the prompt answer..
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC SE, WJ Gold
Anyone know about this situation?? I leave on the 7:20am flight to YYC and my friend is on WJ in the early afternoon to YYC.

On Saturday I have a flight LAX-YVR with a friend on WJ LAX-YYC ... we are driving to the airport together. Since the MLL in LAX is now an Amex lounge as well, can he buy access for the day despite holding a WJ BP??
Old Jan 12, 2012, 3:41 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver
Flying Air China out of LAX T2 to PEK.
Flight depart at 01:40 on March 26, 2012. Wonder if this is the *A gold lounge that I can use.
What is the operation hours of this lounge?
How about AIR NZ? I heard AIR NZ lounge is much nicer than MLL!!
But my flight depart so late!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Air New Zealand lounge is VERY nice. Much better than the Maple Leaf lounge, which always seems to be hot and crowded with a very limited selection of food.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
Air New Zealand lounge is VERY nice. Much better than the Maple Leaf lounge, which always seems to be hot and crowded with a very limited selection of food.
Truer words were never spoken. I'm actually typing this from the Air New Zealand lounge after poking my head in the MLL next door and beating a hasty retreat. MLL is stuffy, hot, and almost standing room only as I wait on 796. Much quieter here, much more room, and a stellar food and drink selection.

For anyone traveling through LAX, his one is a no-brainer.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE, HHonors*Gold
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
Yes this is very true - amazing food and drink selections, big space and good quiet atmosphere. And even better, there are washrooms in the lounge - the MLL does not have this. However this lounge can also get pretty packed, and is timed to be open only when there are NZ flights out - so evenings only.

But during the day, the MLL is still a good spot too!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 1:50 am

Awwww...my Air China CA984 will depart at 1:40 am.
I don't think the NZ lounge will still be open at that time.
What time is the last NZ flight out of LAX T2?
I'll be flying Sunday night 25th March, Flight date CA984, monday 26th.
Thank you
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Air China will have made arrangements for one of the lounges at T2 to be open and accommodate its premium passengers. If you are in economy but STARGold, you should ask for a lounge card, though the agent should volunteer one for you automatically.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:53 am
alc

Originally Posted by rsbyyz
However this lounge can also get pretty packed, and is timed to be open only when there are NZ flights out - so evenings only.
I was at LAX T2 last Sat (Jan 14) from 11:45am to 2:15pm. NZ was close when I arrived. The sign state it will open at 1pm. Hence I walk over at 1:15pm. If I remember correctly, the sign show it open at 1pm everyday.

Originally Posted by flyvirgin
Awwww...my Air China CA984 will depart at 1:40 am.
I don't think the NZ lounge will still be open at that time.
What time is the last NZ flight out of LAX T2?
I'll be flying Sunday night 25th March, Flight date CA984, monday 26th.
Thank you
My memory somehow recall the sign show it will close at 9pm, but not 100% sure as my focus was when it will open and not when it will be close. So I think you will need to stick with MLL.

Last edited by alc; Jan 21, 2012 at 5:58 am
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by alc
I was at LAX T2 last Sat (Jan 14) from 11:45am to 2:15pm. NZ was close when I arrived. The sign state it will open at 1pm. Hence I walk over at 1:15pm. If I remember correctly, the sign show it open at 1pm everyday.

My memory somehow recall the sign show it will close at 9pm, but not 100% sure as my focus was when it will open and not when it will be close. So I think you will need to stick with MLL.
Thanks very much indeed.
So even if I choose the earlier Air China flight which departs at 13:xx, I won't be able to visit the NZ lounge as it's still closed.

Then I'll have to check in my flight before 9 PM to get access to the NZ lounge lol. I don't think AIR China would check in passengers that early for thier 1:40 dep. flight!!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: *G
Star Alliance LAX Lounge changes

As reported on the NZ forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...ax-lounge.html

And also a story here:

http://australianaviation.com.au/201...-super-lounge/

"Air New Zealand will design and operate a new Star Alliance ‘super-lounge’ at Los Angeles International Airport as it prepares to move into the airport’s upgraded international terminal."

Is AC staying at T2? No more NZ lounge option as of next year?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:11 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
The Tom Bradley International Terminal is undergoing a substantial renovation.

It would make sense for NZ to join Asiana, Singapore and Air China over there.

They will likely have a newer lounge than the over used current split first/business branded lounge. Why operate your own when you can use what is there for a fraction of the price.

The sad part is that the NZ LAX Koru Club was the nicest star gold lounge in north America.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by fin 645
Is AC staying at T2? No more NZ lounge option as of next year?
AC should either move to the new terminal (other *Alliance partners) or T7 (United). There is no sense in splitting up all the *Alliance partners in 3 different terminals.

Although I just noticed that United also flies out of 6/8 and US Airways out of 1.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, mostly
Air New Zealand lounges are--by far--my favourite. I've only really used them in Australia/New Zealand but they're stellar! Great food, lots of space, bright, airy, and altogether pleasant. Sad to hear the Koru Club at LAX is closing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.