Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: LAX MLL & *A Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 3:22 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
To me, it would seem more logical, if Air NZ were to agree - to enlarge the Air NZ lounge to encompass the MLL space - and make it a combined AC/Air NZ lounge (similar to the AC/SK lounge at LHR).
Would certainly be a nice idea, but may be hard to staff a lounge that large for the entire day. However, I'm pretty sure they are keeping it separate, they were excited about the changes last time I was there.

Anyone know if they are extending the hours of the Air NZ Lounge or are you out of luck until 1:00pm?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by lynchpin_yyz
Looks like there will be a new and improved MLL in LAX sometime in 2009.

While they're renovating AC is redirecting everyone to the Air NZ lounge.
Great news. You think the MLL will get a bathroom? It'd be nice.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Well that explains why we were greeted by an AC rep at the Koru Club today! Here I was thinking that AC had caught on to the fact that most of their customers end up in the NZ lounge!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgigi

Anyone know if they are extending the hours of the Air NZ Lounge or are you out of luck until 1:00pm?
The lounge was open well before 1:00 on Monday--to accommodate AC passengers, I expect. The attendant had no access to AC computers, though, which was a downer as I hoped to have a reservation changed. Nice lounge, all in all.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by arf04
The lounge was open well before 1:00 on Monday--to accommodate AC passengers, I expect. The attendant had no access to AC computers, though, which was a downer as I hoped to have a reservation changed. Nice lounge, all in all.
That's great news. The next time I'm through I'll be on an earlier flight. I was unhappy about missing the NZ lounge, but looks like this will be good for me.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Not sure when the lounge re-opened (the attendant said earlier this month), but the newly renovated lounge is open at LAX. It's much more open and airy than the previous lounge. There is more seating in general (and more comfortable), a nice bar area for laptops, and an expanded kitchen area with snacks/coffee/beer/liquor/etc.

There's just one problem so far - apparently the side tables are on backorder. There is nowhere to put your drinks/plates/cans/cups/etc. by most of the seating. I'm sure that'll be resolved eventually. I snapped a few photos I'll try to post in a few days.

- T
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Not sure when the lounge re-opened (the attendant said earlier this month), but the newly renovated lounge is open at LAX. It's much more open and airy than the previous lounge. There is more seating in general (and more comfortable), a nice bar area for laptops, and an expanded kitchen area with snacks/coffee/beer/liquor/etc.

There's just one problem so far - apparently the side tables are on backorder. There is nowhere to put your drinks/plates/cans/cups/etc. by most of the seating. I'm sure that'll be resolved eventually. I snapped a few photos I'll try to post in a few days.

- T
I Mentioned the same this HERE
I was in there on March 9th, it is much brighter. I sat by the window so I could use the Window as a side table. Other people had their coffee and drinks sitting on the floor.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So is there a bathroom in the reno'd LAX MLL? I don't mind the small exercise walking across the hall, but it's kinda tacky.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
So is there a bathroom in the reno'd LAX MLL? I don't mind the small exercise walking across the hall, but it's kinda tacky.
No, as mentioned in the other thread. Bathrooms are still across the hall.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
No, as mentioned in the other thread. Bathrooms are still across the hall.
Yeah, didn't read the "other" thread

Oh well too bad. I remember one time I ate something bad the night before and was walking back and forth between the bathroom and the MLL. The MLL attendant was quite familiar with my green face after all that.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
First posted in another thread... also posted here for posterity

Photos of LAX MLL
These were taken by pilotboy1985YYC

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenm...7615186885478/
Old Mar 18, 2009, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Golden Toque
Photos of LAX MLL
These were taken by pilotboy1985YYC

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenm...7615186885478/
Great thanks
So long tired LAX MLL! Hello chic and modern!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Great thanks
So long tired LAX MLL! Hello chic and modern!
Sorry the pictures are blurry. It was 6:00am, everything I was seeing was blurry so I didn't even notice,haha.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
A few other photos:

Old Mar 22, 2009, 5:53 am

Programs: Alt E50K, Marriott (Gold)
Hello

Do AC clients with MLL access have the same access to use the Air NZ lounge as they do the MLL?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.