Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: LAX MLL & *A Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
(I guess lawyers never have to do cost/benefit analyses, they just spend and bill it to the client, with a mark-up.)
I pay for 95% of my travel with after-tax dollars since it's mostly personal.

When in a glass house filled with government grant dollars one shouldn't cast aspersions....

If ErrorCanada really wanted to cater to its high-paying customers it would find a way to have a lounge in LGA - that's one of the reasons CO has its President's Club there notwithstanding the EWR hub. And you may have noticed that the CO gates are right beside ErrorCanada's.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC, SWA, AA, NWA, EVA
Maple Leaf Lounge LAX

Don't toss rocks or eggs at me, but what can I expect as far as amenities for a few hours at the LAX lounge?
Old Sep 1, 2007, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
No rocks or eggs, but a search finds a 3 page thread from this year that should answer all your questions!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665947
Old Sep 1, 2007, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or skip the MLL and go next door to the NZ lounge.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 4:33 pm
Moz

Programs: BA Gold, Delta SM, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
To answer your question, not much. In fact you will wish someone had thrown eggs at you as at least then you would have something to eat at the lounge......
Old Sep 2, 2007, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Moz
To answer your question, not much. In fact you will wish someone had thrown eggs at you as at least then you would have something to eat at the lounge......

There are cheese and crackers, assorted biscuits and granola bars, chips and pretzels to eat. Standard selection of drinks, including free alcohol. Beats the pants off most RCCs... AC offers an old style domestic lounge here. NZ provides a rather more elaborate offering since it is an international lounge catering to people paying $6K a ticket versus AC's customers who are paying at most $1,500 for a J seat, in most cases a few hundred...
Old Sep 2, 2007, 9:31 pm

And no washrooms - quite often as I walk in that is the first thing they tell me! Standard airport bathrooms are across from the Star Alliance lounges
Old Sep 2, 2007, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
How many lounges do US airlines maintain in Canada? How many lounges does WestJet maintain in the US?
For the record, as far as I know, there are 2 US airline lounges in all of Canada. AA has an Admirals Club in Toronto, and Alaska has a lounge at YVR.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:23 pm

Programs: Altitude 50KElite, EK Silver,
NZ Lounge is WAY BETTER

I would visit the NZ Lounge right next door rather than wasting your time in the AC Lounge. NZ is newer, well set up, and has much better selection.

That's my 2 cents worth...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:44 pm
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
The worst thing about it, for me, used to be that in contrast to the very paltry offerings for AC pax, the Virgin passengers using the lounge received excellent menu service (I know it was good because another family once took pity on me and ordered sandwiches for my kids). I'm sure there were good economic reasons for the differences, but it was bad optics. I guess Virgin will now have its own lounge. No help at all to the OP, just an idle complaint
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:06 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, Hilton-Gold.
Was at LAX today, I fully concur that as an AC*G one should use the lounge. Nice and spacious, great view of the tarmac and runways, real food, lots of NZ wine. I was speaking w the lounge agent when I checked in and she said that she had heard of the board on FT that recommends AC*G to use their lounge instead.

Virgin and AF are now using the NZ lounge.

Last edited by id75; Sep 7, 2007 at 11:54 pm
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:47 pm
ALW

I'm sure there were good economic reasons for the differences, but it was bad optics.
Presumably because VS's passengers are flying LAX-LHR and paying a lot for the privilege, whereas AC's passengers are all flying in NA, to YVR, YYC, YYZ, and YUL.

If AC starts flying LAX-SYD in the distant future (I think there was talk of 5th freedom rights to do something like that), they might improve the offerings, or tell trans-Pac passengers to use the NZ lounge.

=aw
Old Sep 16, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Anyone know the number to the LAX MLL? If so, please PM me.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:51 pm

I fly out of LAX at 6:30am, the MLL opens at 5:30am I think. Might stop in to see what it is like. Anyone know when the ANZ opens?
Old Oct 28, 2007, 2:40 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
I fly out of LAX at 6:30am, the MLL opens at 5:30am I think. Might stop in to see what it is like. Anyone know when the ANZ opens?
just at 12:30

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.