Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel blues at YOW and YYZ, 04Feb

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K, AC*MM, Marriott Platinum Elite
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

It's been a messy afternoon and evening trying to get from yow to sfo today.

First, 8855 from yow to yyz went mechanical. I scrambled to get on 8857 to leave myself 75mins to connect in YYZ.

Then 8857 spends 30+ minutes waiting for a deicing crew in YOW. Not because the crews were already working other planes, but because noone was working the pad and the trucks needed to be "warmed up".

Finally arrive in YYZ, and of course need to wait 10mins or so for a crew to marshall us in to the gate. Now too late to connect to 775 despite its delay.

Switch to 779. It posts a delay moments before boarding time, then they advise that the aircraft sitting at the gate is not ours and it will move for the inbound.

I happen to check with the agent for a seat change, and she tells me I have been offloaded from the flight, despite having received a new BP in toronto. Luckily she is able to correct but thankfully I checked before they filled the flight with standbys.

We wait and wait well past posted times. Then a gate change and a new time. The agent immediately announces that the new time is "unlikely". We are now boarding, 1hr after the original departure time...

Aargh. Ok I feel better now.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

On the plus side, my new sfo flight is on an XM plane!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sweden05
[SIZE=1]

First, 8855 from yow to yyz went mechanical.
Would that have been an EMB?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

No, CRJ. Apparently engine failure on its way in from Winnipeg. Jazz flying most of the yow-yyz today, the widebodies are on sun destinations (as per another thread...)

I understand that things go mechanical sometimes. It was the series of planning errors that followed that were more aggravating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.