Search

Qualifying for SE in December

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:43 pm
Cam
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM, Hilton Diamond, IEEE, PTC, CPS, CSBC, USBI
Qualifying for SE in December

Has anyone who did not qualify for SE until late November or early December, 2006 received their 2007 options E-mail from AP yet? I have not as of Jan 7, 2007.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC MM
Cam, I qualifed for SE the end of November and received the email to make the choices in the first wave a few weeks back. I haven't received my package yet though.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; PriorityClub
I didn't get the e-mail, my last qualifying flight was Dec 31, but I was able to make the choices once the points for my 100,000th mile were posted.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:46 pm

Programs: AP*E SPG*G
Likewise - I passed 35k on Dec 22 but have yet to see any email. I was able to select online on Jan 4 after the flights had posted Jan 3.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:47 pm
Cam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thefareguru
I didn't get the e-mail, my last qualifying flight was Dec 31, but I was able to make the choices once the points for my 100,000th mile were posted.
Interesting. I can't even make the choices though, looking back, note that I wasn't posted into the 100,000's until Dec 11.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:57 pm
Cam
Original Poster

Well I'll Be!!

After the above posts I decided to navigate my way into the "Air Canda Top Tier" part of the AP web site and lo and behold I was told that I had 14 days remaining to pick my preferences for 2007! No E-mail from AC and no announcement upon logging into my AP account. Glad I started this thread! Thanks guys
Old Jan 7, 2007, 2:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; PriorityClub
deleted
Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
I qualified for SE early december and received the email to select options right when it was first available (the days when the website went down because too many people were trying to select their options, think it was Dec 15.).
Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:51 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
CAM

I requalified for SE on Dec 28th and by Dec 29th the flights had all posted showing my status miles just over 100k.

However, no email yet and although I can select my options, I have decided to wait for the email invitation.

I also need more time to consider the options, and whether I am buying a pass or not despite the incredible pressure now to buy one. This will force me to reconsider whether to even try for SE again for the humpteenth year in a row.

Frankly the whole SWU thing has changed so much, it is a whole new ball game, largely revolving around the more expensive Latitude passes.

Cheers, my friend and welcome back as a SE.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:58 pm
Cam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
I also need more time to consider the options, and whether I am buying a pass or not despite the incredible pressure now to buy one. This will force me to reconsider whether to even try for SE again for the humpteenth year in a row.

Frankly the whole SWU thing has changed so much, it is a whole new ball game, largely revolving around the more expensive Latitude passes.

Cheers, my friend and welcome back as a SE.

I have studied the pass stuff up and down and back to front and can't seem to find any good reason to buy them. I do the majority of my domestic travel at the Tango Plus level and, as long as I can get YVR-YYZ trips or equivalent) between $500 and $800, there seems to be no rationale to buy passes which seem to equate more to a $800-$1100 fare level. I'd be delighted if someone could convince me otherwise.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by Cam

I have studied the pass stuff up and down and back to front and can't seem to find any good reason to buy them. I do the majority of my domestic travel at the Tango Plus level and, as long as I can get YVR-YYZ trips or equivalent) between $500 and $800, there seems to be no rationale to buy passes which seem to equate more to a $800-$1100 fare level. I'd be delighted if someone could convince me otherwise.
It would seem in your particular case the motivation would be complimentary upgrade and COS bonus. If that doesn't matter to you, don't get the pass.

Presumably you don't break the bank with last minute purchases and multiple changes. If you travelled like that you could then save some money.

Also, if you chose the 2 SSWU per pass purchase option in your package, you could pick up some extra SSWU to soften the blow of the B/H clawback.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:41 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Cam, I qualified for SE on 13Dec but as of 05Jan had not received an email inviting me to select my package options. Like many others, I had spent the previous few days trying in vain to get through on the website, only to be errored out or find my screen hung up. Finally called and was told my email was scheduled to be sent 05Jan.

Still haven't received invite email, but was able over the weekend to get through on the website and choose my package.

BTW, I note your "Over two million miles with AC and CP" tagline. Were you among the first wave of President's Club members to be invited to join the ranks of CP's "Wingwalker VIP" promo in the Fall of 1992 (card featured a retro style businessman and was printed on a heavy-grade paper stock)?

I'm afraid that I count myself among the other packrats in this forum who have saved their old cards, for what purpose I don't know, other than it gives me comfort to recall fondly the days of true first and business class on Canadian, e.g. First Class on the old DC10s, Hermes amenity kits, etc.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:48 am

Location: x-17 yr AC*SE100 1MM, now E50 Gold :(, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, Yadayadayada
Originally Posted by Cam
After the above posts I decided to navigate my way into the "Air Canda Top Tier" part of the AP web site and lo and behold I was told that I had 14 days remaining to pick my preferences for 2007! No E-mail from AC and no announcement upon logging into my AP account. Glad I started this thread! Thanks guys
Wow, thanks Cam ^ . I've been waiting for my email as well (I passed 100K on Dec 3) and nothing yet . I've been logging into AE daily, but until you mentioned hunting around the site and finding the "you have until Jan 21st" to pick, I never noticed anything obvious. I guess I expected some sort of pop-up or page saying "make your choice now".

Anyways, thanks for the tip . I've selected my package now. The options still kinda suck though.

'dude
Old Jan 9, 2007, 1:12 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I still cannot choose my options. Am I missing something, or overlooking something on the website?

Originally Posted by yvrdude
Wow, thanks Cam ^ . I've been waiting for my email as well (I passed 100K on Dec 3) and nothing yet . I've been logging into AE daily, but until you mentioned hunting around the site and finding the "you have until Jan 21st" to pick, I never noticed anything obvious. I guess I expected some sort of pop-up or page saying "make your choice now".

Anyways, thanks for the tip . I've selected my package now. The options still kinda suck though.

'dude
Old Jan 9, 2007, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by torontoflyer
Am I missing something, or overlooking something on the website?
Probably.

I reached SE on Dec 31.. the last day of the year. I selected my choices two days ago. Never got an email. Just went onto the site like any other year. Those welcome emails to select your package are redundant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.