Community
Wiki Posts
Search

January Movies

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

January Movies

It is January 5th and the Air Canada website is still showing December entertainment. When do they usually update? Any other places to get the listing? I am flying J from YVR to NRT on Sunday, January 7th and didnt know if I needed to get some movies of my own. Any other advice for J?
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I was in J to PEK and as seems typical there was no entertainment guide in my seat package. The FA was able to track one down for me but she then borrowed it for someone else and I never saw it again.

The selection of movies seemed OK - I haven't flown much the last couple of months so they were all "new" to me.

I was watching Scorcese's "Departed" with Matt Damon, Jack Nicholdon and Leonardo DiCaprio when we headed back - wasn't able to see the entire thing before they shut the system down.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 9:46 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

It's updated - http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...an07_guide.pdf

So far AC003 on Sunday is FIN 910 (Subject to change) so it's AVOD.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 9:53 pm

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
Originally Posted by brysal
It is January 5th and the Air Canada website is still showing December entertainment. When do they usually update? Any other places to get the listing? I am flying J from YVR to NRT on Sunday, January 7th and didnt know if I needed to get some movies of my own. Any other advice for J?
Take a book. And sleeping pills.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:35 pm

Programs: BonvoyAmbassadorElite, HyattPlatinum, Cathay Pacific Diamond, AeroplanSuperElite
YYZ to HKG yesterday, still December movies on board.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:06 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
hmmm

Originally Posted by yyzflyalot
YYZ to HKG yesterday, still December movies on board.
December 2005?
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by willflyforfood
December 2005?
You're being too reasonable.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Had the new January movies on AC871 coming back from CDG this past Wed 03JAN.

I had time to watch:

"The Departed": great movie with a superior cast including Jack Nicholson playing the evil guy as only he can do it !

"The Queen": excellent performance by Helen Mirren; she IS the Queen ! The guy who plays Tony Blair is pretty good too.

"The Guardian": Kevin Costner and Anton Kustchner; not bad, no more, no less.

Also new on the menu this month: "Good Cop, Bad Cop". Hope to watch it later this month on my next transatlantic flight.

Carried over from last month: "Edward Scisssorhands"......not sure why.. + a few others: "Body Heat" and some foreign films.

Also still there: the excellent story of Maurice Richard "The Rocket", a must-see for anyone who professes to be a hockey fan. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.