Wiki Posts
Search

OT: CIBC Aerogold card found.....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
OT: CIBC Aerogold card found.....

I picked up a lost Aerogold card downtown Montreal this afternoon. If you are the owner, please PM me.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by aaac
I picked up a lost Aerogold card downtown Montreal this afternoon. If you are the owner, please PM me.
Maybe you should contact CIBC Visa at the number behind the card and report it found.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 8:14 pm

I think it could be mine! It has 9 digits, a signature on the back and looking very happy (yes it almost appears to be smiling) at the thought of me visiting Best Buy to get that new 50" Plasma TV

If you don't believe me, then I would say go with what imverge suggested

On a more serious note, ^ up for picking it up before some shady character picked it up and tried to buy a TV. Wait a minute......
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cattle
I think it could be mine! It has 9 digits, a signature on the back and looking very happy (yes it almost appears to be smiling) at the thought of me visiting Best Buy to get that new 50" Plasma TV
Nope, definitely not yours. It looks tattered from all the heavy swipings.

Originally Posted by cattle
On a more serious note, ^ up for picking it up before some shady character picked it up and tried to buy a TV. Wait a minute......
That did cross my mind but I cannot bear the thoughts of all those aeroplan miles going to a different account than mine

Last edited by aaac; Dec 19, 2006 at 10:14 pm
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Wink

aaac,

Didn't it occur to you that you could have simply turned it into the nearest CIBC branch. They would know who to contact as they have the info accessible from their terminals in-branch!

Sanosuke!
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sanosuke
aaac,

Didn't it occur to you that you could have simply turned it into the nearest CIBC branch. They would know who to contact as they have the info accessible from their terminals in-branch!

Sanosuke!
I was on my way to a meeting so I did not have the time to do so and by the time I was done with work, the branch had already closed.

I will probably called CIBC tomorrow as I will be flying to Asia early Thursday.

Last edited by aaac; Dec 19, 2006 at 10:15 pm
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC SE
I was on my way to a meeting so I did not have the time to do so and by the time I was done with work, the branche has already closed.

I will probably called CIBC tomorrow as I will be flying to Asia early Thursday.
Cut it in half. If you have time call the bank.

However I would suspect that calling in with only the card number might not be enough to cancel the card... Imagine all the fun you could have with that little trick.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 10:20 pm

That did cross my mind but I cannot bear the thoughts of all those aeroplan miles going to a different account than mine

Have a safe flight on Thursday.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 3:26 pm
ALW

However I would suspect that calling in with only the card number might not be enough to cancel the card...
I suspect they would also want the 3-digit code from the back, would say to cut it up, and then would call the cardholder at the number they have on file (same as if they saw suspicious activity).

=aw
Old Dec 31, 2006, 2:52 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
destroy it
let the owner call in a request for a new card
let cibc issue a new card
sleep well tonight
Old Dec 31, 2006, 5:05 pm

I was on my way to a meeting so I did not have the time to do so and by the time I was done with work, the branch had already closed.

But you found the time to post here on FT
Old Dec 31, 2006, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by imverge
But you found the time to post here on FT
Errr..., what is your point? Having a bad year? .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.