Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

OT: What is this voted logo beside our username!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The voted logo proclaims that a member has voted in the Talk Board election.

This initiative is an invasion of my privacy.

I protest !!!!!
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Where exactly do you see this? I don't see anything next to my name, but then I haven't voted -- er, in the FT election, the Toronto municipal today is a different matter...DumpMiller! and the Commies at CityHall -- nor do intend to this year.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Check any post by Tcook....that logo indicates that he has voted. If there is no logo, it indicates that the username has not voted
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by airbus320
Check any post by Tcook....that logo indicates that he has voted. If there is no logo, it indicates that the username has not voted
Vote here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/annou...uncementid=169
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I fully agree with Airbus320 on this one. It is definitely an infringement on our privacy and nobody's business.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I fully agree with Airbus320 on this one. It is definitely an infringement on our privacy and nobody's business.
I found it great since it reminded me that the election was now open. If you don't want to vote it certainly doesn't make you do so.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:08 am

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
Well, this thread just made me vote.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Canadian law does not force its citizens to vote in municipal, provincial or federal elections. The electorate is encouraged to exercise their democratic duty by going to the polls. However, there is no publicly available record of who votes or who does not vote

For FT to indicate who is voting and by not having the "voted logo"who chooses not to vote is an invasion of privacy.

I still protest this trampling of my Canadian democratic right to privacy when it comes to the ballot box.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have started two threads, one in Community and the other in the TalkBoard forum, strongly objecting to this "outing" and urging others to boycott the election until this incidious logo is removed! (There seems to no longer be a Randy Peterson only forum.)
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by airbus320
I still protest this trampling of my Canadian democratic right to privacy when it comes to the ballot box.
This is some sort of Canadian humor, right? Or should I say humour.

You can *disable* the "voted" avatar. Just go to your profile.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I have started two threads, one in Community and the other in the TalkBoard forum, strongly objecting to this "outing" and urging others to boycott the election until this incidious logo is removed! (There seems to no longer be a Randy Peterson only forum.)
Gee, SH, I thought multiple threads on the the same subject in different fora not TOS kosher?

I fail to see the matter in the same light as some of my fellow Canadians. This isn't a municipal, provincial or federal election, just an FF geek website ballot.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:08 am

The logo should not be defaulted to display
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:08 am

Are there different "I voted" logos based on where you live?? I've only noticed a few, but none of the Canadians seem to have the star and stripe one...
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by back seat
The logo should not be defaulted to display
An excellent observation !

Right now you have to opt out.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by SCMM
Well, this thread just made me vote.
Reminded me also @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.