Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AP bookings when J is only available for some legs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AP bookings when J is only available for some legs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006, 2:12 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by AirbusFan

At least does it mean I get priority over an E or SE who simply want to use an upgrade cert? If so then I shall be happier.
Although I am not 100% sure... the information I have (from my sister-in-law and her best friend who both work at Aeroplan) is that Aeroplan mixed class award tickets are now at the BOTTOM or the list for upgrade. SE, E, & P with upgrade certs will trump your AE Business Class award ticket that is booked into W class.

Of course AC will not publicly state this...they think the method of sorting people for upgrade should be kept a company secret.

Last edited by yycworldtraveler; Nov 13, 2006 at 2:36 pm
Old Nov 13, 2006, 2:41 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
AFAIK the "upgrade" W -> D does only work on AC flights. You can not upgrade on other *A carrier operated flights, ie. UA X -> O.
Correct...other *A alliance carriers will not upgrade you unless you are able to make a reservation change in advance thru Aeroplan and pay the change fee.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
Although I am not 100% sure... the information I have (from my sister-in-law and her best friend who both work at Aeroplan) is that Aeroplan mixed class award tickets are now at the BOTTOM or the list for upgrade. SE, E, & P with upgrade certs will trump your AE Business Class award ticket that is booked into W class.

Of course AC will not publicly state this...they think the method of sorting people for upgrade should be kept a company secret.
I know they want info to be kept private about upgrades. But if they told pax it would help, as some pax are under the impression that their paid D, but W ticket puts them at the top of the upgrade list. They are told this by AP agents. And quite frankly, if a pax is told they have high priority for an upgrade and do not get it, because they were misinformed I think they have every right to be upset, and should even be given compensation for the misinformation. It is hardly their fault for the wrong info.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shore9
I know they want info to be kept private about upgrades. But if they told pax it would help, as some pax are under the impression that their paid D, but W ticket puts them at the top of the upgrade list. They are told this by AP agents. And quite frankly, if a pax is told they have high priority for an upgrade and do not get it, because they were misinformed I think they have every right to be upset, and should even be given compensation for the misinformation. It is hardly their fault for the wrong info.
It is going to rain tomorrow80% (high probability),with sun(low probability),and overcast.Lightning a possilbility.If my forecast is wrong are you going to sue me?

There are mis-understandings everyday as well.Perhaps AC/AE could charge you for any mis-information and receive compensation.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:14 pm

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by acysb87
It is going to rain tomorrow80% (high probability),with sun(low probability),and overcast.Lightning a possilbility.If my forecast is wrong are you going to sue me?

There are mis-understandings everyday as well.Perhaps AC/AE could charge you for any mis-information and receive compensation.
Yeah this is the same...
Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:48 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K

well an AP agent telling you that you will be top of the list will likely encourage pax to book awards, even though they don't get J for all segments. If they knew they would actually be at the bottom, I'm sure they may re-think their options. There is quite a difference from the top of the upgrade list and the bottom of the upgrade list. Don't forget that the regular travelling public believes that agents actually know what they are talking about. Most non-FFer would probably take the agents word and get an unpleasant suprise when they hear many other names called for an upgrade, but they do not get the call.

And I believe that when I do give information (not opinion) that I am generally accurate. I know many will disagree with this, but get beyond my opinions.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anti_ice
Yeah this is the same...

The point of my post was to show that there can be all types of mis-information out there,he has been known to be off base.IMO,AC/AE owe nothing in compensation.High priority is not a guarantee.
My luggage always get priority tags and come off last

Hope this clarifies for you.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 6:49 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
My luggage always get priority tags and come off last

Hope this clarifies for you.
No they don't - MINE are always last!
Old Nov 14, 2006, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
No they don't - MINE are always last!
LOL
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
This is the part I don't understand..why AC won't clarify where those with a D ticket but Y seat assignment stand in the U/G order. AC's been better recently on some aspects of customer communication. A little open communication on this issue would be appreciated.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
Since we are told that the free ticket is no longer free because Aeroplan is buying a seat from AC, therefore, I am in effect buying the seat with my aeroplan miles. How can I pay full price (charged J miles) but get half the product (1 segment in Y, 1 in J)? Why isn't Aeroplan charging us half the miles since it is obvious Aeroplan didn't pay full price to AC for the seat? Solution: Aeroplan gives me J all the way, I pay J miles; Aeroplan gives me mix J and Y, I pay half the miles. I only pay for what I actually get.

It is nonsense that unconfirmed D reward ticket has been bumped to the bottom for priority to get the J seat. D reward was bought with miles, AC has been paid cash by Aeroplan for the J seat so we are told. It is not fair that someone with a Y ticket with upgrade cert can jump ahead.

Last edited by Sunny Day; Nov 14, 2006 at 10:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.