Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

J9 C8 Y9 M0 U0 B9 H9 V9 Q9 L0.. I3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looking at a flight that shows J9 C8 Y9 M0 U0 B9 H9 V9 Q9 L0.. I3.

Can more expensive inventory really go first? Or is the M0 a fluke, waiting for the next update?
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stranger
Can more expensive inventory really go first? Or is the M0 a fluke, waiting for the next update?
You mean more expensive inventory selling out quicker than the discounted ones? If so yes. I've seen F0 A4 P4 on several flights before (SQ was the latest one). No I don't think it's a fluke.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
You mean more expensive inventory selling out quicker than the discounted ones? If so yes. I've seen F0 A4 P4 on several flights before (SQ was the latest one). No I don't think it's a fluke.

Well, for F or J/C, which are different cabins, of course, full is full. But M and B, H, etc. are all economy.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

F, A, P are all First Class on most carriers (SQ one of them) and of course F is the most expensive among the three.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:20 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Looking at a flight that shows J9 C8 Y9 M0 U0 B9 H9 V9 Q9 L0.. I3.

Could it be that there is no M or U fare sold on that particular route...?
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Could it be that there is no M or U fare sold on that particular route...?

No U. M, yes.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:57 pm
exAC

....Can more expensive inventory really go first? ...
Not possible as C is a subset of J and MUBHVQL... are a subset of Y.

There is another unknown reason why M and U fares are not being offered on that route.

Old Jul 23, 2006, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exAC
Not possible as C is a subset of J and MUBHVQL... are a subset of Y.

There is another unknown reason why M and U fares are not being offered on that route.

It's just that day. Previous day is M9 U9. following day is M9 U0
Old Jul 23, 2006, 6:43 pm

The reason should be obvious... there is "I" space available.

Once the 7-day window is entered and I space drops to 0, M and/or U space will open up.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Well on my trip to gru on Sep 28, I is I9 but M is now over $3000. When the M was cheaper or lower(upsell) the I was either 0 or 2. My friend bought the M at $1700 for the same flight. Go figure !!!
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Then AC should be more honest with its availability of fare buckets (even ahead of the 7 day SE window) - it should have I0, and M>0 and U>0. It does not make sense to arbitrarily set I>0 (greater than 7 days in advance of flight departure), if one can not use the I fare bucket for upgrades.

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Jul 23, 2006 at 7:16 pm
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
It might help us provide a rational explanation if you revealed what route this was on, and what date it was for. There could be a very logical explanation but we'll never know if you are this vague...
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shareholder
It might help us provide a rational explanation if you revealed what route this was on, and what date it was for. There could be a very logical explanation but we'll never know if you are this vague...

OK. I normally prefer to keep my private life private, but here it goes: AC861, LHR-YHZ, Aug. 25.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:29 pm

Programs: None. I'm cured.
I'm with Ken on this one. I initially did not think that AC would be quite so underhanded ... but my thinking has come around. Just nasty.

Unless there is a better explanation..... ???

MCM.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:53 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
OK. I normally prefer to keep my private life private, but here it goes: AC861, LHR-YHZ, Aug. 25.
Did you think we are all going to pile on that flight now to bother you?

I suppose we could all snap up the refundable fares just to prevent you from getting them!

My suggested rationale (an admitted guess) is that for some reason there are already many people who have purchased M and U fares (perhaps because they are not meeting the Saturday night requirement) and it is too risky for AC to sell more fares that could be all cancelled 30 minutes before the flight.

If you want confirmed upgrade at booking you can buy full Y. Any potential anger should properly be directed at the population of fellow travellers who have caused AC's yeild management to not sell Lat+ at cheaper price points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.