Wiki Posts
Search

Can someone help me?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2006, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Can someone help me?

I have a bit of an oddball situation...

I have lots of miles from flying I used to do, but no status anymore, as i am not flying as much as I used to.

I was trying to book a reward ticket on AP, and found an itinerary that works, except that I am stuck trying to find one leg of it back to YVR.. (I am trying to get back to YVR from ZUR in business class anytime between late July 31, or Aug 2/06.)

It's a long shot, but...I am wondering if any SE's or E's would be willing to book my ticket for me, and I would book an equivalent one for them further out.(I am NOT trying to buy or sell miles)

BOY I miss that Status now!

I'd appreciate any help: you can email me for the full itinerary @ [email protected].

Thanks in advance & Cheers!
Old Jul 18, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Elites don't have access to instant KK. Your only bet is a SE.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 7:48 pm
Flying Blue Director

Sorry, I am a newb to the air-lingo, but what is "KK" ? So far I have been able to decipher pretty much everything.........this one is tricky.

Thanks....and sorry
Old Jul 18, 2006, 7:52 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...14&postcount=5
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=19
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=151

... located using the FT nomad feature (err I mean search feature! )

Last edited by PreferBulkhead; Jul 18, 2006 at 7:59 pm
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by benjybl

Sorry, I am a newb to the air-lingo, but what is "KK" ? So far I have been able to decipher pretty much everything.........this one is tricky.

Thanks....and sorry
Welcome to FT benjy.

As PB has mentioned their is a great search feature, which will help you find answers to all sorts of questions you had never thought of.

Instant KK is the ability to get an award seat on any AC metal flight at anytime as long as their is positive space available. AC SuperElites have the ability to access front cabin award seats without being subject to same capacity controls as the rest of us, these seats are available for the same amount of points.
IIRC, Elites can access any AC metal steerage seat by spending double the normal amount of points.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Just asking to check if you have you asked the Aeroplan agent to check on options such as ZRH-CPH-SEA(-YVR) on SK, or ZRH-FRA/MUC-YVR on ZRH-FRA-PDX(-YVR) on LH?
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Just asking to check if you have you asked the Aeroplan agent to check on options such as ZRH-CPH-SEA(-YVR) on SK, or ZRH-FRA/MUC-YVR on ZRH-FRA-PDX(-YVR) on LH?
and... their can be more availability through the AP phone people that through the web.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
IIRC, Elites can access any AC metal steerage seat by spending double the normal amount of points.
I thought this was only for "Y"-class ? ... or is that your definition of steerage ?
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
I thought this was only for "Y"-class ? ... or is that your definition of steerage ?
Yes. I think the expression comes from the days of passenger ships when people would travel below the waterline. I am sure some of the sailors here can correct me.

Edited to add: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steerage

The steerage was one of the lowest decks of a ship. This section was used to accommodate immigrants in the 18th and 19th century, as they couldn't afford to travel with the higher class passengers. Steerage offered limited toilet facilities, no privacy and poor food. All of these things made traveling steerage a little difficult. The name "steerage" came from the fact that the control strings of the rudder ran on this level of the ship.

Steerage is also used a derogatory slang for the common working class, or simple-minded folk, i.e. "You are not likely to find much steerage on international flights."
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
Steerage offered limited toilet facilities, no privacy and poor food. All of these things made traveling steerage a little difficult.
Does this not remind you of travelling economy?
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:32 pm

I thought most in economy just walk up and use the Royal J-toliets anyway!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.