Search

AC866 Cancelled Today

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2006, 2:42 am
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
AC866 Cancelled Today

I have a colleague who was due into LHR this morning on the AC866 from YUL. It appears this flight was cancelled.

Anyone know why?
Old Jul 15, 2006, 6:35 am

Programs: AC MM
Hopefully Beach Digit's girlfriend wasn't on that flight.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by The Winger
Hopefully Beach Digit's girlfriend wasn't on that flight.
Hopefully in J courtesy of her future in-laws.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:15 am

http://radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/reg...aeroport.shtml

There, practice your french.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:35 am
At Large

Translation: there was a security threat and the RCMP grounded it. No more news than that right now
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Welcome back!
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:31 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Flt will now operate as AC2866 departing at 1830 today.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
What is AC policy with regards to compensation for a situation like this? (If there is any?)
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Super Larry
What is AC policy with regards to compensation for a situation like this? (If there is any?)
The article says AC gave the passengers hotel rooms, presumably a meal voucher, too. But beyond that, given that the airline doesn't appear to be the cause of the cancellation, I don't see that they owe any compensation. Maybe AC would give an SE some points as a purely good will gesture, but I don't think they owe any. In the murky world in international security we may never know the nature of the threat that cause this plane to be grounded.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:48 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Sebring
The article says AC gave the passengers hotel rooms, presumably a meal voucher, too. But beyond that, given that the airline doesn't appear to be the cause of the cancellation, I don't see that they owe any compensation. Maybe AC would give an SE some points as a purely good will gesture, but I don't think they owe any. In the murky world in international security we may never know the nature of the threat that cause this plane to be grounded.
That's what I what suspecting...
Old Jul 15, 2006, 4:25 pm

Faulse bomb alert
http://lcn.canoe.com/lcn/infos/regio...15-160712.html
Old Jul 15, 2006, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Maybe AC would give an SE some points as a purely good will gesture, but I don't think they owe any.
SE don't need any help when this happen's or points its the NON status passengers who need help they have no idea what to do.... and no idea how to tell people they wont be coming home.... as SE we figured out that long ago.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:57 pm

Programs: AE, AirMiles Gold
According to both news report, the GRC or AC decided to keep the passengers on the plane for 6h (from 22h30 to 4ham) after an bomb scare which was proven to be false after they checked the plane (at 4ham).

Of course, a lot of passengers are angry to have been stuck in a plane with a potential bomb for that long.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 12:44 am
exAC

Originally Posted by Nuitari
According to both news report, the GRC or AC decided to keep the passengers on the plane for 6h (from 22h30 to 4ham) after an bomb scare which was proven to be false after they checked the plane (at 4ham).

Of course, a lot of passengers are angry to have been stuck in a plane with a potential bomb for that long.
It would not be the airline that makes the decisions. Once the Mounties get involved the airline loses all control over everything. Been there and seen it.

Old Jul 16, 2006, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
The article says AC gave the passengers hotel rooms, presumably a meal voucher, too. But beyond that, given that the airline doesn't appear to be the cause of the cancellation, I don't see that they owe any compensation.
A nice gesture, especially as it was something well beyond the airline's control. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.