Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YYC122
For those who have been here many times before:

- I crossed $20k AQD back in about June
- I finally crossed the AQM on Dec 15
- Want to book a Priority Rewards AP flight in Jan
- Want to use fewer miles and pay fewer fees as SE

What are the odds I get early recognition in the next week or so?

thanks
the same odds of those who qualified for SE after mid November.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

- Want to book a Priority Rewards AP flight in Jan
- Want to use fewer miles and pay fewer fees as SE

What are the odds I get early recognition in the next week or so?

thanks
The next week? I'd say very low. Sweeps are not automatic, and I can't see them doing anything manual like this until after the holidays.

That being said, it could happen on Jan 2.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:53 pm

Thanks. I’ll try to post the actual timing.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad

the same odds of those who qualified for SE after mid November.
Many of them have already received their status. Was looking for an opinion on when, not if.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:16 pm
isi

thanks
I'm in the same situation -- my timeline only differed by a few days. Sweep will be a nice present in the New Year.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Still waiting on sweep for E50K, not sure if it will happen and doesn't really matter at this point since I have overlapping 1K for *G but earning some extra miles and some extra guest passes I can give away would be OK with me.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
Hi. Does AC provide status challenges/matches for DL Diamonds? I am 1mm for United, so lifetime Gold. But have a residence in Canada and flying them more often. No seating perks for UA/SA gold.
never statussed with AC.
Forgive my posting this in the wrong place, if I have.
thanks
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K
I was swept from 35K to 50K this morning. Coincidentally, it happened while I was sitting in YYZ's MLL. I looked at the app to check flight updates and noticed the top change from silver to gold in between checks. Cool to happen while sitting in a lounge, but the only reason I'm sitting here is because of a 7 hour delay. I'll be happier once I get to my destination! Yesterday a canceled flight, 90 minutes on tarmac this AM waiting for fuel, and 45 minutes on tarmac waiting for gate staff at YYZ. And now a 7 hour impromptu layover. 2018 has been a great travel year so far
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by RobWilliamsTG
I was swept from 35K to 50K this morning. Coincidentally, it happened while I was sitting in YYZ's MLL. I looked at the app to check flight updates and noticed the top change from silver to gold in between checks. Cool to happen while sitting in a lounge, but the only reason I'm sitting here is because of a 7 hour delay. I'll be happier once I get to my destination! Yesterday a canceled flight, 90 minutes on tarmac this AM waiting for fuel, and 45 minutes on tarmac waiting for gate staff at YYZ. And now a 7 hour impromptu layover. 2018 has been a great travel year so far
let's hope it only gets better from here!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by privacylawyer
Hi. Does AC provide status challenges/matches for DL Diamonds? I am 1mm for United, so lifetime Gold. But have a residence in Canada and flying them more often. No seating perks for UA/SA gold.
never statussed with AC.
Forgive my posting this in the wrong place, if I have.
thanks
Generally, AC does not do status match/challenge. It may be worth an email to a real person, but I don't know what that might be.

Twitter, @acaltitude, may shame into a personal response.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
I have a question wrt early recognition and if AQM get carried over to the next year- I hit P25k around October of this yr, and ended the yr with 32k - does that difference of 7k AQM start my tally towards the next level, or does that count only begin 01/01/18?
As per my dashboard, currently 0, its strictly per calendar yr which is unfortunate and I hope its not the case?

Also, sounds like sweeps occur only at the higher levels of altitude? Any cases of prestige to elite sweeps?

Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
I have a question wrt early recognition and if AQM get carried over to the next year- I hit P25k around October of this yr, and ended the yr with 32k - does that difference of 7k AQM start my tally towards the next level, or does that count only begin 01/01/18?
As per my dashboard, currently 0, its strictly per calendar yr which is unfortunate and I hope its not the case?

Also, sounds like sweeps occur only at the higher levels of altitude? Any cases of prestige to elite sweeps?

Thanks
Calendar year. You ended up with 32K AQM.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Altitude doesn't spill over "unused" AQ? like, say, Marriott nights.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:43 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Altitude doesn't spill over "unused" AQ? like, say, Marriott nights.
We wish.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
That is why once you reached your desired level of status, and unlikely to get to the next level, stop flying them, move your spending elsewhere. You don't get anything by falling in between 2 levels. I once had more than enough AQD for E75K but little bit shy of 75 segments, they didn't give me E75K. That is fine. Next year, once I got to 50 segments, I moved over to WJ. I ended up spending $10K on Westjet partly because of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.