Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:09 am
jtr

Programs: AC E50K, HH Diamond
made E35K on Monday -- new status was available Friday.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
If were to make my E75K selections, and nominate a family member, how long would it take for them to receive status?

I'll be making their selections, so I'll simply log onto their account daily until the red link appears.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:36 am
alc

Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
If were to make my E75K selections, and nominate a family member, how long would it take for them to receive status?

I'll be making their selections, so I'll simply log onto their account daily until the red link appears.
My experience from 2015 when I give my wife the E50K, it was immediate. Her account get the message to select the Privileges right away.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by alc
My experience from 2015 when I give my wife the E50K, it was immediate. Her account get the message to select the Privileges right away.
This is my experience every year.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jtr
made E35K on Monday -- new status was available Friday.
94th segment flown Tuesday, posted Saturday. 95th segment flown Wednesday, still not posted. AC can be so disappointing.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:39 am
alc

Originally Posted by AleEat
94th segment flown Tuesday, posted Saturday. 95th segment flown Wednesday, still not posted. AC can be so disappointing.
Yes, it does seems they only update Tuesday to Saturday and on a 4-days from the day your AC flight landed. If it the 4th day is on Sunday or Monday, that get update on Tuesday. I am currently waiting for my flights from last Thursday as well. And like yours, my Tuesday flights got posted Saturday morning.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by alc
Yes, it does seems they only update Tuesday to Saturday and on a 4-days from the day your AC flight landed. If it the 4th day is on Sunday or Monday, that get update on Tuesday. I am currently waiting for my flights from last Thursday as well. And like yours, my Tuesday flights got posted Saturday morning.
Good ol' batch processing in 2017 - gotta love it.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by alc
Sure enough, my last Wednesday flight posted early this morning but...

"You're about to reach Altitude Super Elite 100K status.

You're less than 5,000 AQM or 5 AQS away from reaching a higher status for next year. Reach Altitude Super Elite 100K prior to October 15, and your new status will kick in immediately."

Segments is correctly showing 95.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:51 am
alc

Sure enough, my last Wednesday flight posted early this morning but...

"You're about to reach Altitude Super Elite 100K status.

You're less than 5,000 AQM or 5 AQS away from reaching a higher status for next year. Reach Altitude Super Elite 100K prior to October 15, and your new status will kick in immediately."

Segments is correctly showing 95.
Got my Thursday flights as well this morning.

About your SE100K status, do you have enough AQD? Sorry was too lazy to search if you mentioned this already previously
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by alc
Got my Thursday flights as well this morning.

About your SE100K status, do you have enough AQD? Sorry was too lazy to search if you mentioned this already previously
Yes, just shy of $30k.

I half expected this - I started the year as E35 and when I was within 5 segments of reaching 50k and 75k my dashboard displayed the "You're less than 500 am or 5 aqs away... " message. The message did not show when I was above 90 segs - didn't show until I reached 95. Looks like an uncorrected error in the program code to me.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:58 am
alc

Yes, just shy of $30k.

I half expected this - I started the year as E35 and when I was within 5 segments of reaching 50k and 75k my dashboard displayed the "You're less than 500 am or 5 aqs away... " message. The message did not show when I was above 90 segs - didn't show until I reached 95. Looks like an uncorrected error in the program code to me.
hmm, maybe they start doing manual or weekly sweep now that we are in Oct. I personally hope that is not the case as I am on peace to get E50K this Friday after all my flights from yesterday posted
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by alc
hmm, maybe they start doing manual or weekly sweep now that we are in Oct. I personally hope that is not the case as I am on peace to get E50K this Friday after all my flights from yesterday posted
Someone posted this as a solution a while back, but I'm not entirely clear on 1) who "an agent" is and 2) what FQTV is (although I'm guessing it's Frequent Traveller identifier).

"You can ask an agent to remove your FQTV, save and close the file, then add it back. That might work."
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:36 am
alc

Someone posted this as a solution a while back, but I'm not entirely clear on 1) who "an agent" is and 2) what FQTV is (although I'm guessing it's Frequent Traveller identifier).

"You can ask an agent to remove your FQTV, save and close the file, then add it back. That might work."
I am not concerning the status on my booking or BP, so, no need to remove and re-add my AP number. I just want to make be able to select my privilege before I hit E75K next week or the week after.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by alc
I am not concerning the status on my booking or BP, so, no need to remove and re-add my AP number. I just want to make be able to select my privilege before I hit E75K next week or the week after.
Sorry, I misunderstood the purpose of the tweak. That's exactly what I want to be able to do too.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I've met the AQM and AQD requirements for E75K and am waiting for the sweep as well.

​​​​​​I want my family member to be nominated for E35K by this weekend, and with good 'ol AC updates, who knows if that will happen?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.