Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by alc
with no guarantee it will be the same this year, but was just curious based on historical pattern, do we feel that Nov 30 is the last day for early status Recognition instead of the posted Oct 15 date?

I got SE once last week of Dec and I didnt' get it. But that was the year that Altitude was introduce, hence, no one getting new status until March 1st.

The 2nd time I got SE was toward end of Oct.

This year, I might not get to SE until pass Nov 30.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
I may be mistaken but I though I remember someone saying they got status second week of Dec.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:29 pm
alc

Originally Posted by vernonc
Originally Posted by alc
with no guarantee it will be the same this year, but was just curious based on historical pattern, do we feel that Nov 30 is the last day for early status Recognition instead of the posted Oct 15 date?

I got SE once last week of Dec and I didnt' get it. But that was the year that Altitude was introduce, hence, no one getting new status until March 1st.

I may be mistaken but I though I remember someone saying they got status second week of Dec.
Thanks.

BTW, I see I made lots of typo and errors in my original post, hence, I thought I should make it clear that what I am looking for is be able to select the 2017 SE package and not just being recognized as SE status. I plan to give my wife the E50K status (that exp Feb 2018) for our upcoming X'mas / New Year trip as she will be flying back on her own. Therefore, need to be able to select my 2017 SE package in order to do that.

Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by alc
Thanks.

BTW, I see I made lots of typo and errors in my original post, hence, I thought I should make it clear that what I am looking for is be able to select the 2017 SE package and not just being recognized as SE status. I plan to give my wife the E50K status (that exp Feb 2018) for our upcoming X'mas / New Year trip as she will be flying back on her own. Therefore, need to be able to select my 2017 SE package in order to do that.

Thanks.
Think it's worth mentioning that virtually all E50 benefits are available as E35 or even if one buys J. Lounge access is generally buyable unless in Tango. Priority boarding, security, boarding all E35.

Worth considering if you're going to spend extra just to qualify early for her E50 for a single trip.

Just my my two cents though.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWzer
Both my AQSs/AQDs have posted this morning for SE100k, yet my status still shows as E75k. Wondering how long it will take to update. Normally I am in no rush. Only reason is that I would like to book a Priority Reward for a flight this week.

Update:
I called the Help Desk and was told it would take a couple of weeks for the status to update once the thresholds requirements are met.
My experience is "next day".

My roommate went from P25K to S100K last year during EYW. Tuesday he'd have 35 AQS. Wednesday he'd be E35K with 50 AQS. Thursday was E50K. Friday was 75 AQS. Saturday was E75K.

Originally Posted by alc

End of October, not end of November.

After that it's done in sweeps, and you don't get the 2017 select privileges.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:40 pm
alc

Originally Posted by canadiancow
My experience is "next day".

My roommate went from P25K to S100K last year during EYW. Tuesday he'd have 35 AQS. Wednesday he'd be E35K with 50 AQS. Thursday was E50K. Friday was 75 AQS. Saturday was E75K.
End of October, not end of November.

After that it's done in sweeps, and you don't get the 2017 select privileges.
Thanks for sharing this info. especially you send out the picture of all his cards, so, even he gain new status everyday, he still got all the packages.

Originally Posted by jc94
Think it's worth mentioning that virtually all E50 benefits are available as E35 or even if one buys J. Lounge access is generally buyable unless in Tango. Priority boarding, security, boarding all E35.

Worth considering if you're going to spend extra just to qualify early for her E50 for a single trip.

Just my my two cents though.
our vacation is not in North America, so need *G for lounge access and luggage weight benefits. will now re-plan all my trip then.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by alc
our vacation is not in North America, so need *G for lounge access and luggage weight benefits. will now re-plan all my trip then.
I may have assumed AC flights but luggage benefits for E35 and E50 are identical on AC. You can also purchase intl MLL access on any Flex+ ticket. Or PPL.

Just a suggestion. Feel free to ignore.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:34 pm

I may have assumed AC flights but luggage benefits for E35 and E50 are identical on AC. You can also purchase intl MLL access on any Flex+ ticket. Or PPL.

I never received priority luggage on AC as E35K.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:00 pm
alc

sorry, i think i missed some emoji in my respond. I did have a point about extra $$ vs. free benefits for my wife. my travel is for EYW that I am currently almost confirm , ust wait for a few things to ensure I could do it. Do want thanks about telling me that E35K and E50K do have the same luggage benefits on AC metal. I actually thought E35K is the same as P25K until I read your respond here. much appreciated.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I never received priority luggage on AC as E35K.
Correct. You can still check 3x32kg bags that may take 5-10 mins longer to arrive tho But it's not identical. Incidently I do get priority luggage when I fly J

Originally Posted by alc
sorry, i think i missed some emoji in my respond. I did have a point about extra $$ vs. free benefits for my wife. my travel is for EYW that I am currently almost confirm , ust wait for a few things to ensure I could do it. Do want thanks about telling me that E35K and E50K do have the same luggage benefits on AC metal. I actually thought E35K is the same as P25K until I read your respond here. much appreciated.
np. We need more FT emojis

Last edited by jc94; Sep 12, 2017 at 4:59 am
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: AC E35K
Just got early recognition for E35K and went to pick selections, but saying they expire Feb 2018. Shouldn't they be valid until Feb 2019 since I earned the status in 2017 for 2018?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Tulips700
Just got early recognition for E35K and went to pick selections, but saying they expire Feb 2018. Shouldn't they be valid until Feb 2019 since I earned the status in 2017 for 2018?
As this is early recognition it's valid to Feb 2018. At some point normally between mid-Dec and mid-Feb you will be able to pick your 2018 options (which may differ) and any new eUps will then also be valid to Feb 28 2019.

Your package next year, will also have "2018" cards/tags/MLL vouchers.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver

Your package next year, will also have "2018" cards/tags/MLL vouchers.
That's assuming they don't take my suggestion of using T-shirts and hats instead of tags next year.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
That's assuming they don't take my suggestion of using T-shirts and hats instead of tags next year.
I believe it will be cards and tags due to those being cheaper to produce and ship.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
E75K For Me and then E35K For Family Member

I'm doing an AQD run September 29th/30th (just need to spend ~$300) to reach E75K.

Assuming I'm swept the following weekend (Oct. 7th), and be able to make the select privileges choices on say, Oct. 10-12, will I be able to nominate my family member by the early qualification deadline and will their invitation get to to them in time?

The Altitude charts states: "Choose this Select Privilege and award Altitude Elite 35K status to a friend, valid through February 28, 2018. Note that this friend must be chosen prior October 15, 2017."
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:37 pm

Sweeps do not begin until after early recognition.

Barring some error, you will have the new status the day after the flights post, and you will be able to make your selections immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.