Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AleEat
75th segment Monday morning, 76th Tuesday evening. Still neither showing on dashboard.
Who did you fly with ? AC and UA seem to take 4-7 days to post. And the AC stuff may post in stages i.e. AQM first, then AQD a couple of days later.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by vernonc
Who did you fly with ? AC and UA seem to take 4-7 days to post.
I disagree. UA is consistently 1-2 days quicker than AC. I often fly both on the same day and can't remember a time when they have posted on the same day, even when the AC flight has been earlier in the day.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I disagree. UA is consistently 1-2 days quicker than AC. I often fly both on the same day and can't remember a time when they have posted on the same day, even when the AC flight has been earlier in the day.
Oh, I agree. I was just giving a range from my recent experience. UA posted in 4 days and AC posts normally between 5-7 days.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Nexus/GE, Amex MR Biz Plat
Hello gang,

I'm zipping through *G this year for the first time ever, and would love an opinion.
I'm currently at 54 AQM. I've been thinking about mostly redeeming the rest of the year (lots of vacation, so booking some last minute connections), but I'm wondering if it's worth to try to push for either 60K threshold or even E75? (I could push OW WAW-YYZ and RT YYZ-AKL if it's truly worth it).

Thx,
a newb with more questions but got to start somewhere
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by justthomas
Hello gang,

I'm zipping through *G this year for the first time ever, and would love an opinion.
I'm currently at 54 AQM. I've been thinking about mostly redeeming the rest of the year (lots of vacation, so booking some last minute connections), but I'm wondering if it's worth to try to push for either 60K threshold or even E75? (I could push OW WAW-YYZ and RT YYZ-AKL if it's truly worth it).

Thx,
Welcome to FT.
justthomas likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
....if it's worth to try to push for either 60K threshold or even E75? (I could push OW WAW-YYZ and RT YYZ-AKL if it's truly worth it).

Thx,

Welcome to FT. Also, the 60K threshold is for eUpgrades. The 75K is an Altitude Status level.

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/overview

https://altitude.aircanada.com/statu...hold-eupgrades

Attached Images   
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by 24left
Welcome to FT. Also, the 60K threshold is for eUpgrades. The 75K is an Altitude Status level.

I believe the OP is asking just that... just go for the 60K threshold for eUps while obviously remaining E50K, or even push it further and get E75K status.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I believe the OP is asking just that... just go for the 60K threshold for eUps while obviously remaining E50K, or even push it further and get E75K status.
I'm not sure I would agree. E75 as a status isn't particularly valuable - the benefits are only marginally better than E50 for a good amount of extra flying. SE is another story obv, so if that's in the cards then go for it, but if not, I think E50 (or 60 for the useless upgrades that cost $750 to use on international routes) is good enough. For God's sake don't do a mileage run to AKL (unless it's in J!).
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm not sure I would agree. E75 as a status isn't particularly valuable - the benefits are only marginally better than E50 for a good amount of extra flying. SE is another story obv, so if that's in the cards then go for it, but if not, I think E50 (or 60 for the useless upgrades that cost $750 to use on international routes) is good enough. For God's sake don't do a mileage run to AKL (unless it's in J!).
I wasn't opining anything... was simply paraphrasing for 24L what I understood the OP to be asking.

I agree that E75 isn't much once you are 50K.

Heck, AC threw us 2MMs a bone by giving us lifetime E75 from E50, so clearly it isn't worth much.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
Who did you fly with ? AC and UA seem to take 4-7 days to post. And the AC stuff may post in stages i.e. AQM first, then AQD a couple of days later.
Both AC domestic. I've found UA post more quickly. Didn't have time to look at dashboard yesterday but was showing E75 when I checked in last night for today's flight. Dashboard showing E75 today with invitation to choose benefits.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Nexus/GE, Amex MR Biz Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
@yyznomad, @24left, @Pseudo Nim - thanks guys for responding. I think Pseudo Nim got what I was asking in a somewhat inarticulate way. Thanks, I won't push for further 'forced' AQMs then and relax a bit. I don't think I can push for SE this year, as I'm flying the rest of the year on my own dough with no business trips left in sight.

As for AKL, it wouldn't be a mileage run per se as I genuinely want to get out to NZ for vacation, but if I can score a bit more time off, maybe I'll fly there OW in J, take some local flights, and then return in J from SIN, provided Aeroplan will have some last minute seats available (got an F seat on LH FRA-EWR last week, 1A on a 380 and it was so gorgeous - flying in X to AKL after that would indeed be rather sad).

Anyway, thx a ton u guys!
T.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Both my AQSs/AQDs have posted this morning for SE100k, yet my status still shows as E75k. Wondering how long it will take to update. Normally I am in no rush. Only reason is that I would like to book a Priority Reward for a flight this week.

Update:
I called the Help Desk and was told it would take a couple of weeks for the status to update once the thresholds requirements are met.

Last edited by YOWzer; Sep 11, 2017 at 1:06 pm
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
@yyznomad, @24left, @Pseudo Nim - thanks guys for responding. I think Pseudo Nim got what I was asking in a somewhat inarticulate way. Thanks, I won't push for further 'forced' AQMs then and relax a bit. I don't think I can push for SE this year, as I'm flying the rest of the year on my own dough with no business trips left in sight.
As an E75K person who was E50K previously, I can say that there isn't a massive difference as yyznomad and Pseudo Nim mentioned. However, the two things I can see that may be valuable depending on your flying habits are the fact that E75K have a higher upgrade priority than E50K, but also that you are guaranteed reservations in the event you absolutely must fly today (with the restriction you must book into full Y fare). For those who do a lot of last minute flying and can afford the full fare Y class, this can be very useful. Other than that, again, there is not a massively noticable difference. Additionally you also get complimentary preferred seats on international flights if in Flex, which is quite nice on those long hauls of both Rouge *shudders* and mainline alike.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ScGhost0
As an E75K person who was E50K previously, I can say that there isn't a massive difference as yyznomad and Pseudo Nim mentioned. However, the two things I can see that may be valuable depending on your flying habits are the fact that E75K have a higher upgrade priority than E50K, but also that you are guaranteed reservations in the event you absolutely must fly today (with the restriction you must book into full Y fare). For those who do a lot of last minute flying and can afford the full fare Y class, this can be very useful. Other than that, again, there is not a massively noticable difference. Additionally you also get complimentary preferred seats on international flights if in Flex, which is quite nice on those long hauls of both Rouge *shudders* and mainline alike.
You can also gift someone E35k (instead of eUps or other benefits). If that happens to be useful.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:33 pm
alc

with no guarantee it will be the same this year, but was just curious based on historical pattern, do we feel that Nov 30 is the last day for early status Recognition instead of the posted Oct 15 date?

I got SE once last week of Dec and I didnt' get it. But that was the year that Altitude was introduce, hence, no one getting new status until March 1st.

The 2nd time I got SE was toward end of Oct.

This year, I might not get to SE until pass Nov 30.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.