Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:03 am

Mostly AC Metal

Originally Posted by canadiancow
No. There's a very reasonable chance you'll get the benefits earlier.

Though it may require that you've also down 37.5k AQM on AC metal, depending on how the sweep logic works.

Thanks, I should have that covered. Almost all of the 87K AQM is AC and ~$22K AQD.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YYC122
Thanks, I should have that covered. Almost all of the 87K AQM is AC and ~$22K AQD.
Then if it's anything like previous years, there will be "sweeps" where the bump people up.

You won't get a new card or luggage tags (for 2016), but your status will change, giving you all the "electronic" benefits (guaranteed reservations in Y, free preferred seats in international Flex, upgrade window, etc.).

I might also make the suggestion that you find a cheap-ish P fare (possibly on United) that's about 8700 miles round-trip.

Around $1100 would get you YYC-DEN-SFO/LAX-CUN-SFO/LAX-DEN-YYC, confirmed business class, and would give you Super Elite status. $1000 might be pushing it for some people, but just the IKK and YQ waiver are easily worth more than that.

And you could turn it into a fun weekend trip
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Then if it's anything like previous years, there will be "sweeps" where the bump people up.

You won't get a new card or luggage tags (for 2016), but your status will change, giving you all the "electronic" benefits (guaranteed reservations in Y, free preferred seats in international Flex, upgrade window, etc.).

I might also make the suggestion that you find a cheap-ish P fare (possibly on United) that's about 8700 miles round-trip.

Around $1100 would get you YYC-DEN-SFO/LAX-CUN-SFO/LAX-DEN-YYC, confirmed business class, and would give you Super Elite status. $1000 might be pushing it for some people, but just the IKK and YQ waiver are easily worth more than that.

And you could turn it into a fun weekend trip
Thanks, I was looking at options to trigger SE but December looks like it's going to be a write off between work and Christmas plans. If I had a free weekend it would have been tempting.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Also received this (little surprised as my AQD is only 19,870 with nothing booked before January) : [/I]
Mrs TYVR has also been upped with 'only' $19,580 although she has ~1000 AQD still to post.

So this gives us two data points on (this year's) AC status policy for those a few $ short.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
Mrs TYVR has also been upped with 'only' $19,580 although she has ~1000 AQD still to post.

So this gives us two data points on (this year's) AC status policy for those a few $ short.
I can confirm that at 86K flown and $2,560 (i.e. slightly less than the required $3K as a foreign resident) they aren't giving me E50, at least not yet.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:10 pm

New to FT. I have no previous status and I know there is no early recognition for Prestige 25K. I after reading several other posts about sweeps and receiving lite/electronic benefits soon after you qualify I had hoped I would get recognized, but not so lucky.

- October 18th I met the AQS and AQD
- November 1st I received the dashboard update saying I have reached A higher Altiude status and will be bumped up to a new level of privileges early next year
- Flights on November 3rd didn't show P25K. I had updated my aeroplan number the night before
- November 29th I received the generic email saying that as of November 23rd, I have qualified for Prestige 25K in 2017
- Today I added my aeroplan number for a flight tomorrow and checked in online. Still not recognized as P25K. Just the same AC*A

After this flight I will meet the AQS and AQD for E35K so wait and see how long it takes to be swept to E35K. Looks like some are lucky to get the "lite" benefits and recognized on their boarding passes, and some are not.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Was 50k last year and crossed the 75k mark in early August - got the 75k package in late Aug and made my selections.

Just passed the 100k AQM mark last week with around 22k AQD. Message on the Altitude dashboard says I'll be recognized for my higher level early next year. First time as a SE so I'm pretty pumped.

Hopefully they do a sweep sometime this month. I have a number of flights booked late-Dec to late-Feb., so it will be interesting to see if/when this does get updated. Ironically my first 2017 international J flight on AC will be departing March 1.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YEGAccountant
Was 50k last year and crossed the 75k mark in early August - got the 75k package in late Aug and made my selections.

Just passed the 100k AQM mark last week with around 22k AQD. Message on the Altitude dashboard says I'll be recognized for my higher level early next year. First time as a SE so I'm pretty pumped.

Hopefully they do a sweep sometime this month. I have a number of flights booked late-Dec to late-Feb., so it will be interesting to see if/when this does get updated. Ironically my first 2017 international J flight on AC will be departing March 1.
Well that didn't take long - logged into the Altitude site today and status was updated to SE. Was also asked to select my SE privileges so it looks like they have done a sweep.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Started the year with zero and am now at 35K (and will be at 50K by the end of the week) but am still AC*A on my boarding pass. The Altitude website says that I've reached a new status and will get it early next year - is there any point to calling AC and having them refresh my Aeroplan in order to hopefully get my 35K on this week's flight, or does that only work if you already have some sort of status? Obviously we're far past the 15 Oct early recognition...

Last edited by Lantern17; Dec 10, 2016 at 6:49 pm Reason: Info
Old Dec 10, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Lantern17, others have posted that after your status is bumped through Early Recognition, you may need to remove your Aeroplan # from your bookings and re-add it in order for it to appear.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks. I'm sponging off a SE coworker this week so at least I can drown my sorrows in the lounge...
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Finnair Platinum
Originally Posted by YEGAccountant
Well that didn't take long - logged into the Altitude site today and status was updated to SE. Was also asked to select my SE privileges so it looks like they have done a sweep.

Ugh mine still says." You've reached a higher Altitude status. Beginning early next year, you will be bumped up to your new level of privileges."

And I've flown 160 K at this point
Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:10 pm

Last year was my first year with AC (previously WS) and I earned E50 with 68 AQS (I wanted to hit 75 but realized that I was going to come up just short).

This year I passed E75 around the end of October. As soon as the site updated my points and flights on Altitude I got the message 'Congratulations' and immediately had E75 privileges.

Last week I passed 100 AQS and went past $20k. As soon as the site updated I was given another note saying that I had reached SE status. I flew last week and it also said it in my BP.

I am exceptionally glad that I didn't have to wait at all to get swept up. That would have been annoying.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:04 pm

Hi, I hit the 50k AQM 2 weeks ago and I got swept into E50K last week (with no 0 status from before). I received 40 eupgrade credits and I saw that they will expire in 2018. Given that I became E50K after the early recognition deadline, are the 40 credits for the 2017 benefit year or are they expiring in 2018 because I received them after November 1st? More importantly, will I be receiving an additional 40 credits in 2017?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I finally got Mr. Ryan to take a photo to demonstrate how early recognition can be done like a pro!
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.