Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Trick or treat. Got my early recognition package in the mail today. Made SE on 13 Oct and recognized on my Altitude page 3 days later. So the packages are going out on time though perhaps the SE card may be the only thing I may need in the package.

Last edited by vernonc; Nov 6, 2016 at 7:50 pm
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: Star Alliance (Aeroplan), OneWorld (American), Delta, Westjet
I hit 35K in August and then 50K on October 26th. On October 30th I received an email telling me to choose my 2016 50K privileges. Called today to have my Aeroplan number refreshed on my flight tomorrow and I'm now recognized as 50K. Going with what has been said on the previous pages, the date does seem to be soft. Not sure if it makes a difference but my AQD is already above the 75K level and I made 50K on AQS, not AQM.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:15 pm

Not yet

I'm E50 but have enough AQM and AQD for E75 (posted to account Nov 14). When I log in, still shows my next goal is E75.

I have been holding off on selecting my 60K threshold gift because depending on whether or not I get ER for E75, it will change my selection. I'm sitting at 87K so between the 60K gift and the 75K privilege I could get to 90K thus triggering the 90K threshold gift (much better than the 60K gift).

Could this be holding up my ER in the system (do you have to make your gift/privilege selections sequentially)?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
By Oct 15? Will get status and new card.

On Dec 24 + without AQD by Dec 31? Will get status through Feb 28, 2017. No new 2016 card.

On Dec 24 + meet AQD by Dec 31? Will get status through Feb 28, 2018. No new 2016 card. Receive 2017 card at normal time.
Update:
Flew 95th segment on Nov 13 which showed on Altitude dashboard Nov 15. Yesterday dashboard had a new note that I had qualified for a higher status which would be effective early in 2017. No other details.

Hoping it is similar to last year reaching 50k after Oct 15 and having status first thing (early Jan) in 2016?

Unfortunately It will take a miracle to reach the AQD required.

Maybe two months top status once in a life time? I will take what I can get <g>.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Just got the annual e-mail from AC...

Congratulations. As of November 23, 2016, youve qualified for *.

Amazing how they still can't test and get basic customer communication right.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Can anyone comment on how much AQD I'd get off a LH flight codeshared by AC? I'm desperately looking for ways to make my AQD spend to make SE (I got the miles... but not the dollars, so got a helpful "you've made E35K!" email this morning).

I see a YUL-MUC flight that books into D, and is an AC flight # (but operated by LH). Is there any way to figure this out ahead of time, or should I better not risk it and book AC metal only?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by YYC122
I'm E50 but have enough AQM and AQD for E75 (posted to account Nov 14). When I log in, still shows my next goal is E75.

I have been holding off on selecting my 60K threshold gift because depending on whether or not I get ER for E75, it will change my selection. I'm sitting at 87K so between the 60K gift and the 75K privilege I could get to 90K thus triggering the 90K threshold gift (much better than the 60K gift).

Could this be holding up my ER in the system (do you have to make your gift/privilege selections sequentially)?
You won't get ER for E75 unless you qualified prior to Oct 15. Your E75 status will only be for 2017.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Can anyone comment on how much AQD I'd get off a LH flight codeshared by AC? I'm desperately looking for ways to make my AQD spend to make SE (I got the miles... but not the dollars, so got a helpful "you've made E35K!" email this morning).

I see a YUL-MUC flight that books into D, and is an AC flight # (but operated by LH). Is there any way to figure this out ahead of time, or should I better not risk it and book AC metal only?
What is the whole itinerary?

It makes no difference whether it's an AC flight or an AC flight operated by LH. AQD is base fare + YQ.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Nov 29, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
What is the whole itinerary?

It makes no difference whether it's an AC flight or an AC flight operated by LH. EQD is base fare + YQ.
Oh really! That's interesting. Am thinking something like HND-YYZ-FRA, FRA-YVR-HND, part of these price out much cheaper as AC operated by LH.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh really! That's interesting. Am thinking something like HND-YYZ-FRA, FRA-YVR-HND, part of these price out much cheaper as AC operated by LH.
Yes, as long as the ticket is issued by AC (014 ticket stock), there's no different in terms of AQD earning for AC operated flights and AC coded flights operated by *A partners.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Nov 29, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, as long as the ticket is issued by AC (014 ticket stock), there's no different in terms of EQD earning for AC operated flights and AC coded flights operated by *A partners.
Interesting - thanks, good to know. What about if it has a completely unrelated flight on the ticket? I.e. if there's a flight operated by CX, non code share? No AQD in that case, or AQD but no miles earned?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting - thanks, good to know. What about if it has a completely unrelated flight on the ticket? I.e. if there's a flight operated by CX, non code share? No AQD in that case, or AQD but no miles earned?
No AQD or AQM/AQS on CX flight segments.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:16 pm

Select Privileges

Originally Posted by robsaw
You won't get ER for E75 unless you qualified prior to Oct 15. Your E75 status will only be for 2017.

Got this email today:

Congratulations. As of November 23, 2016, youve qualified for 2017 Altitude EliteTM 75K status*. A world of exclusive benefits and services awaits you.

In December or January youll receive an email to choose your Select Privileges and customize your travel experience even further.

So am I correct to assume these privileges will only kick in March 1 2017?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YYC122
Got this email today:

Congratulations. As of November 23, 2016, youve qualified for 2017 Altitude EliteTM 75K status*. A world of exclusive benefits and services awaits you.

In December or January youll receive an email to choose your Select Privileges and customize your travel experience even further.

So am I correct to assume these privileges will only kick in March 1 2017?
No. There's a very reasonable chance you'll get the benefits earlier.

Though it may require that you've also down 37.5k AQM on AC metal, depending on how the sweep logic works.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Also received this (little surprised as my AQD is only 19,870 with nothing booked before January) :

Congratulations on reaching the top once again. As of November 23, 2016 youve officially qualified for 2017 Altitude Super EliteTM 100K status*. This is the highest status offered by Air Canada, and youll continue to be rewarded with the most exclusive privileges and benefits that we offer.

Your loyalty truly matters to us, and we hope that youll take full advantage of the extensive range of Altitude privileges and benefits designed to take your travels to great new heights in the coming year.

Sincerely,
Benjamin Smith

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.