Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Does your Aeroplan show you having P status now? I crossed 35K on Nov 16 and mine shows the miles but no status.

My understanding is that we don't get the benefits, including the free checked bags, until March 1.

I am flying in early January and I also would like the bag and the MLL departure lounge without paying but I think that's a long shot. AC on twitter did say it *might* show up in time for a flight I've booked in February.
No, it shows no status. If the status was there, I'd just re-add my AP number to the flights, which should fix everything.

I'm just hoping a printout of the status miles flown would be enough to convince a check-in agent to waive the fee.

I just find this whole thing with not getting recognized for months to be a bit odd. My travel has gone from virtually none to E35 levels in the latter half of this year. Next year I can see myself getting 50k. So AC is looking at a passenger who is now flying a lot more than usual, and won't give status recognition. That sounds like a great way to encourage someone to switch airlines.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I feel the same way, and a tad disappointed that those who crossed 100 later than I crossed 35 get THEIR late-early recognition, and I have to play by the rules. The cost to AC of throwing us a bone of "E35 lite" is minimal (less benefits, a couple of trips) compared with the cost of early SE benefits (heavier benefits x more travel volume).
The printout and the check-in is worth a shot, but in the last couple of flights, I had to pay the bag fee during OLCI, before I saw an agent. (I guess I didn't have to OLCI though.)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I feel the same way, and a tad disappointed that those who crossed 100 later than I crossed 35 get THEIR late-early recognition, and I have to play by the rules. The cost to AC of throwing us a bone of "E35 lite" is minimal (less benefits, a couple of trips) compared with the cost of early SE benefits (heavier benefits x more travel volume).
The printout and the check-in is worth a shot, but in the last couple of flights, I had to pay the bag fee during OLCI, before I saw an agent. (I guess I didn't have to OLCI though.)
You can also say you have no bags during OLCI, and then pay at the bag drop.

The first time I paid a baggage fee during OLCI, the agent was genuinely confused that the system wasn't asking her to collect $25 from a non-status passenger to check a bag, and even more confused when I told her I had already paid.

I'm still somewhat hoping that my account will get a Prestige banner, but since there are no more Saturday nights before my flight (that's when the sweep usually happens, right?) I'm not optimistic.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Email from Altitude today reiterating the timelines: accumulate through 31 Dec, week of 21 Jan receive email confirming "2013 AC Altitude status", week of 25 Feb the package inviting selections, and 1 March status in effect, further reinforcing the redefinition of "2013" as "1 March 2013 to ...?" Standing pat on "early", and the issue of tier bonus application remains clear as mud, regarding 2014 status.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Flight to pass 100k mark was completed on Dec. 15, and miles were finally credited today, showing 100k+ status miles in my account. I'll update when a change in my status, from E to SE, appears.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
51k as of Tue, and they all posted. Bos-Yyz took 4 days to show up but based on this thread it seemed about right. Now we'll see if altitude 50 turns out to have much value as we wait for all the benefits to come clear over the next few months.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Flight to pass 100k mark was completed on Dec. 15, and miles were finally credited today, showing 100k+ status miles in my account. I'll update when a change in my status, from E to SE, appears.
Another Sunday sweep has passed, and no change in status from E to SE. I had been hoping that the early recognition might be automatic, but that appears to have been wishful thinking.

Last edited by GJS - yow; Dec 31, 2012 at 8:35 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: Nexus
Another Sunday sweep has passed, and no change in status from E to SE. I had been hoping that the early rcognition might be automatic, but that appears to have been wishful thinking.
Same for me. I am flying to LAS today and still no change to SE in the system.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Another Sunday sweep has passed, and no change in status from E to SE. I had been hoping that the early recognition might be automatic, but that appears to have been wishful thinking.
I believe that ACTT indicated there would be no early recognition this year past the October cutoff due to the switch over to the altitude program.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by j_the_p
I believe that ACTT indicated there would be no early recognition this year past the October cutoff due to the switch over to the altitude program.
Wasn't there a sweep in early December?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Has their been any indication from AC at what levels they will give early recognition in 2013 if achieved prior to October (if any)? Last year of course it was 35K and 100K, but I'm wondering if this year they may only do 50K and 100K.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:00 am

Final sweep to determine Altitude Level for 2013 will be complete on Jan. 14.

I am an E and passed the 100k mark with a flight on Dec. 15 and subsequent posting of the bonus status miles on Dec. 24.

I was told (in my case) to expect SE privileges as of Monday, Jan. 14 (i.e. able to eUpgrade with a 7 day window).
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: Nexus

I am an E and passed the 100k mark with a flight on Dec. 15 and subsequent posting of the bonus status miles on Dec. 24.

I was told (in my case) to expect SE privileges as of Monday, Jan. 14 (i.e. able to eUpgrade with a 7 day window).
Sweet. Hope its true as I was E in 2012 and passed SE in early December with no change to my status showing on AE website to date. Strange how I check daily even though no AC or *A travel currently scheduled.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:09 pm

Here's hoping this includes 50K too, not just 100K... I have a trip scheduled for the last week of January!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by laurenceYYZ
Here's hoping this includes 50K too, not just 100K... I have a trip scheduled for the last week of January!
All levels are included. I should have said that the sweep tonight is to determine the 2013 Altitude status for all Aeroplan members (i.e. all status miles for 2012 should now be in the accounts).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.