Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 19, 19, 11:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)

E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 15, 07, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Now that we all got our e-mails today, can we assume that early status qualification is now closed?

I would actually qualify for SE with the segments I took today and I was still hoping I might get it!!!
Old Nov 15, 07, 8:34 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
You never know ... cross those fingers and pass the rim salt!
Old Nov 16, 07, 5:46 am

Red face Early Elite - did I mess up?

I managed to achieve early Elite (for the first time) in October. There is little chance of me qualifying for SE. Did I make a mistake by selecting 2500 Q miles as a choice - will I lose these at the end of this year or will they apply for next year? Do you suppose the good folks at AP would reverse my selection? Perhaps I should have selected 50% non-Q miles?

Finally, am I stuck with this selection for next year?

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 07, 6:37 am

Programs: AC*E50K; AC*MM; EK Gold; SPG Plat
The extra Q miles will take you closer to the next threshold bonus for this year but will not carry over into next, so they may not be all that useful. But you will get a new package and set of choices for next year.
Old Nov 16, 07, 6:40 am

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, HH-G
You will not lose them but they won’t apply for next years qualification period (for status in 2009-2010). Status miles are reset to zero on Jan 1.
Old Nov 16, 07, 8:41 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Gold, millions of points scattered across thousands of other programs...
Give me a 'P', a lowly 'P'

I received my e-mail that I got my Prestige status (first time) on segments. Now I am trying to figure out what to choose.

Any suggestions? I won't get to pick until January so I am certain to choose the Q miles, but I don't know what else to select.
Old Nov 16, 07, 8:52 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ommoran View Post
I received my e-mail that I got my Prestige status (first time) on segments. Now I am trying to figure out what to choose.

Any suggestions? I won't get to pick until January so I am certain to choose the Q miles, but I don't know what else to select.
Hard to say until you see the offerings ... no guarantee they will be the same as last year.

Given a choice I would choose Door #3
Old Nov 16, 07, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Academic View Post
The extra Q miles will take you closer to the next threshold bonus for this year but will not carry over into next, so they may not be all that useful. But you will get a new package and set of choices for next year.
Thanks Academic. As a newbie, I wasn't aware that there were thresholds for E but I did see that there were for SE. I'm just North of 40k right now after the 2,500 Q were added. If I'm lucky I'll probably muster another 5k by the end of the year. Am I up for something? If not, do you suppose AP would consider a change or am I locked in?
Old Nov 16, 07, 9:55 am

Programs: CX DM, NH Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Plat
Won't cross SE threshold til 31 Dec flight

Have been posted the odd miles from SQ here and there all year and will cross 100K with a ZRH-SIN flight (SQ in F). Posting is usually a week later with SQ to AC these days. Should I call Aeroplan and alert them? I received the Elite email notice today as well. My points will definitely not be posted by 31 Dec but my flights will have been taken.
Old Nov 16, 07, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by amitchell View Post
Perhaps I should have selected 50% non-Q miles?!
The Q miles do not apply retroactively - only to the miles after you crossed 35K, so it will likely be a wash for you if you've got 5K more travel in 2007.

Originally Posted by amitchell View Post
Finally, am I stuck with this selection for next year?
No - you'll get to choose all over again in December for next year.
Old Nov 16, 07, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CPwingwalker View Post
Have been posted the odd miles from SQ here and there all year and will cross 100K with a ZRH-SIN flight (SQ in F). Posting is usually a week later with SQ to AC these days. Should I call Aeroplan and alert them? I received the Elite email notice today as well. My points will definitely not be posted by 31 Dec but my flights will have been taken.
Don't bother calling to alert them. This just means you won't be part of the "early birds" group who will make their selections in December and usually get their new packages in January. They do another sweep in mid-January to catch people in your situation.

Of course if your miles don't post within a week of travel, get on the phone!
Old Nov 19, 07, 9:26 pm

Programs: CM Gold, SK EB Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ac/elite View Post
My brother passed 35,000 on Nov. 5th and today received an email inviting him to select benefits....so early recognition is at least until Nov. 5 this year.
Well, on the AP site, it now says my benefits package has been mailed out on November 16. So I should get it sometime this week - so November qualifiers should also receive their packages (hopefully!)

One funny thing, one Nov 16, I got an email from Aeroplan welcoming me to 2008 Prestige Status, even though I'm now qualified for Elite. Maybe I'll get both Prestige AND Elite tags and packages!
Old Nov 20, 07, 11:53 am

Tolerance levels for 2008 Qualifications

Any idea how close to a given level (35K, 100K) we need to get to be granted that status? For instance should I expect to be granted SE status if I stop at 98,000 Q Miles?
Old Nov 20, 07, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35K
Originally Posted by MainlyUS View Post
Any idea how close to a given level (35K, 100K) we need to get to be granted that status? For instance should I expect to be granted SE status if I stop at 98,000 Q Miles?
This is a FAQ.

The answer is no, do not expect any leeway. Plan to get to 100k one way or another.

That being said, there has been leeway granted in the past and it could happen again this year. So if no more travel is even possible for you, you could very well get SE anyway.

But you shouldn't expect it.
Old Nov 20, 07, 3:49 pm

Until when is the Elite Card valid for ?

Hi All,

I have Elite status and already qualified for Elite for next year.

Was just wondering - is my current Elite card valid until end of year (2007) or will it be valid until Feb 08 by which i will hopefully get a new Elte card ?

Thanks,

JJ

Search this Thread