Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 19, 19, 11:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)

E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 7, 07, 10:33 am

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
I will be over 35K by this week. We will see what happens but I am not holding my breath. Good for you guys. Hopefully the same will happen for me.
Old Nov 8, 07, 6:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I qualified around October 15-17th and received my package yesterday (Nov 7) so around 3 weeks (not great but about what I expected).
Old Nov 9, 07, 1:01 am

Programs: AC*E
Now I'm wondering if my landlord stole my package!!! I qualified on Oct 4th/5th, and my package was mailed on Oct 16th, and still haven't seen anything (aside from two threshold SWUs last week)...
Old Nov 9, 07, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by uselessheadrest View Post
Now I'm wondering if my landlord stole my package!!! I qualified on Oct 4th/5th, and my package was mailed on Oct 16th, and still haven't seen anything (aside from two threshold SWUs last week)...
Mine took a while too. I called but apparently something comes from US, blah, blah....but eventually got it fine.
Old Nov 9, 07, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by propofol View Post
Speaking of early recognition, I became instant E two weeks ago, and immediately selected my options. I have read that it takes about three to four weeks to get the initial package. Unfortunately for me, I am taking a flight to the Caribbean in two days, and I likely won't have the upgrade certs (SSWU) by the time I leave. To make matters worse, I have no scheduled flights before next March, meaning I may have to waste the SSWUs!

Is there any way for me to call AC or AP to get the SSWU cert serial numbers that are coming to me so that I could upgrade online? Or, am I SOL?

I have printed my online AP statement to show that I am E in order to get lounge access (as I've read here on FT). Hopefully this will work...? Thanks in advance!
Wont happen.

I was in South America while certs were mailed home. No chance for me to get upgrade on leg back home. I contacted via phone/email etc. No chance as coupon must be in-hand.
Old Nov 9, 07, 7:13 am

Guess I'll just sit tight then!!!
Old Nov 9, 07, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Gold - Hyatt Plat - Nexus
Originally Posted by The Lev View Post
As soon as you have the card, you can enjoy the RCC and US lounges.
I could get in RCC before I got my card last January. The agent was able to see on her computer that I had Gold status on Star Alliance.
Old Nov 11, 07, 8:04 am

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
Originally Posted by greenlotus View Post
I will be over 35K by this week. We will see what happens but I am not holding my breath. Good for you guys. Hopefully the same will happen for me.
Logged in this morning and got the message to choose my choice benefits in 30 days! woohoo!
Old Nov 11, 07, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by greenlotus View Post
Logged in this morning and got the message to choose my choice benefits in 30 days! woohoo!
Just in case???? you get to choose your benefits NOW.. not in 30 days
Old Nov 11, 07, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
OK, I know there will be those that said "I told you so" but I'm really ticked right now at myself and at Air Canada. I purposely had my AP number removed on 2 trips which accounted for 9 segments in order not to cross the 75K threshold in early November (to delay getting new SSWU certs that expire in 09 instead of 08). Somehow AC managed to post my points for 1 of those segments (2078 miles) so I did cross the 75K threshold on Nov 2. Now I am sitting at 90 segments, which would have been 98 segments with the flights that I delayed posting on. I've got 4 segments coming up this week, which will bring me to 94, so still short of the magic 95. When I delayed posting my flights, I thought I needed 100 segments for SE hence no disadvantage in not getting my flights credited right away. Now it looks like I may not get my SE until next year because of my antics, plus I didn't delay crossing the 75K threshold at all!

Yeah, yeah, yeah .... I told you so ....
Old Nov 11, 07, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by why fly View Post
Just in case???? you get to choose your benefits NOW.. not in 30 days
Sorry yes you are correct. I should have woken up before I wrote that this morning!
Old Nov 13, 07, 11:45 am

Programs: AC SEMM, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite and LTE, Accor Plat, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by danielsan View Post
Anyone else qualifying to E after 31 October?
My brother passed 35,000 on Nov. 5th and today received an email inviting him to select benefits....so early recognition is at least until Nov. 5 this year.
Old Nov 13, 07, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by ac/elite View Post
My brother passed 35,000 on Nov. 5th and today received an email inviting him to select benefits....so early recognition is at least until Nov. 5 this year.
I crossed Nov 11th and got the email. I picked my benefits. Now we will see if the package comes in 3-4 weeks like described! How long after you pick your benefits does it say when it is mailed out? I picked mine Sunday and it is still blank in the area saying when mailed out.
Old Nov 15, 07, 6:44 pm

Finally!

Qualified for Elite on October 4th, chose my options on the 5th, package was mailed on October 16th, arrived today November 15th.

That took a while.
Old Nov 15, 07, 8:08 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Blame Canada Post!!!

Search this Thread