Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)

E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 31, 11, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Originally Posted by Rolls Royce View Post
I'm flying YYZ-CDG on Oct 13th (arriving on the 14th, which is a Friday). This flight will put me past 35k and get me early recognition.

My question is: will this be processed by Aeroplan in time for me to select my benefits and use the upgrade for my flight back to YYZ on the 24th?
That's the supposed cut-off weekend. Since it takes three days to post, your miles will not show until the 17th or 18th which means you may not get Instant Elite. However, if you do see Elite when you sign in on the 18th, go to Top Tier on the side of the account statement web page and this will take you to the selection page for your Elite benefits. Make your selections and the eUpgrades should post to your AC account within 24-hours and as an Elite you would be able to try for the upgrade four days prior to the flight, so you should just make it...subject to space being available.
Old Aug 31, 11, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC 100KSE
7 day Eup window as soon as SE status on AP site?

Hi all,
Doing a trip to India next week that will push me to SE for the first time. My trip is a 8 day turn around, and I would like to request the eupgrade for the return before the 4 day elite window if the status clears in time.
Can anyone tell me if I will be able to request an Eupgrade (at >4 days) as soon as the status shows on the AP website or will I need to refresh the booking as well?
(I don't need ecredits to post, just the SE window to open up)
Thanks
Old Sep 1, 11, 11:26 pm

Programs: AC E35/BA Bronze
Sorry about the poor posting, I was in a rush and didn't get a chance to re-read it again. Anyway, so here is the situation:

Status Miles: 29715
AC Miles: 7160

So, I realize that I need that extra 2940 to gain prestige. My friend will be traveling between YYZ - ATH in two weeks and offered to to put my AP number in as he's not a star alliance member. If this works out, then I'll likely pass prestige and go straight into elite based on his return trip. As a rule of thumb do AC/Aeroplan really care if a member has had his or her number used for another persons flight? My buddy would be helping me out quite a bit because with work I fly usually either United or US Airways but not enough of either to make it worth while switching over from AP.

I know this may come off as being silly, but I'll be doing a lot more traveling next year and it'll be a similar situation (mix of star partners) so I'd like to be able to get upgraded at least once or twice next year!

Thanks for your insight and experience
Old Sep 2, 11, 2:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by yxxmike View Post
Sorry about the poor posting, I was in a rush and didn't get a chance to re-read it again. Anyway, so here is the situation:

Status Miles: 29715
AC Miles: 7160

So, I realize that I need that extra 2940 to gain prestige. My friend wil traveling between YYZ - ATH in two weeks and offered to to put my AP number in as he's not a star alliance member. If this works out, then I'll likely pass prestige and go straight into elite based on his return trip. As a rule of thumb do AC/Aeroplan really care if a member has had his or her number used for another persons flight? My buddy would be helping me out quite a bit because with work I fly usually either United or US Airways but not enough of either to make it worth while switching over from AP.

Thanks for your insight and experience
As previously stated in reply to your original post: "If your plan is to get your friend to 'credit' you status miles, that will not work as status miles are only awarded to the travelling passenger for miles actually flown (Status miles = BIS =Butt in seat)"

You can only use your Aeroplan number for flights that YOU are on, and your friend attempting to 'put your Aeroplan number in' will not work. Remember Status Miles = B.I.S. (Butt in Seat) ONLY. There is no way around it.
Old Sep 2, 11, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC E35/BA Bronze
Originally Posted by YukonYXY View Post
As previously stated in reply to your original post: "If your plan is to get your friend to 'credit' you status miles, that will not work as status miles are only awarded to the travelling passenger for miles actually flown (Status miles = BIS =Butt in seat)"

You can only use your Aeroplan number for flights that YOU are on, and your friend attempting to 'put your Aeroplan number in' will not work. Remember Status Miles = B.I.S. (Butt in Seat) ONLY. There is no way around it.
Thanks for that YXY, by the end of the year I'll end up with 40k status miles but likely only 7k AC Status. So quite dissapointing but I'll try and scheme an AC trip before the year is out!

Thanks again
Old Sep 2, 11, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
Didn't win the lottery...

Early Elite gained last week.

My Aeroplan account was just credited for the bonus status miles that I selected. They also went in a changed the minimum flights for August from 250 to 500 miles (via two additional entries, a debit and credit).

Alas, unlike some other fortunate members, my 50% bonus does not appear retroactive. I still have about 20K miles to fly this benefit year, but those retroactive miles would have been nice...

Yours Truly,

Dejected in Duncan
Old Sep 4, 11, 8:54 am

Just became Elite

I just became elite today and selected my elite selections. How long until the eupgrades post to my account and become usable? thanks
Old Sep 4, 11, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
As noted many times in this thread, upgrades should go into your account within a day or two. The rest of the package can take up to two to three weeks to arrive depending upon your other selections.
Old Sep 5, 11, 4:48 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I have a current booking for a return YUL-CDG in october which will give me elite statut. So I will have :
32000 statut points the 14th October
35400 statut points the 24th October.
So, if the rules are strictly followed, no early statut for me...

So I have some questions :
what are the chance I could be in the "grace period" and have the early statut
and if I should not hope that, is it worth doing a MR earlier in october to have it ? (some flight on CO from BTV to PHX should be at about 5-6 cts/m)
Old Sep 6, 11, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35K
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager View Post
I have a current booking for a return YUL-CDG in october which will give me elite statut. So I will have :

We couldn't possibly know one way or another.

and if I should not hope that, is it worth doing a MR earlier in october to have it ? (some flight on CO from BTV to PHX should be at about 5-6 cts/m)
"Worth" is up to you.

You would need to weigh the cost of the MR versus the following guaranteed benefits:

1. Access to exec check-in.
2. Increased baggage allowance.
3. Lounge access at YUL and CDG
4. Priority boarding (and security if offered at YUL and CDG)
5. Wider selection of seats to pre-request

and the following highly valuable but not guaranteed benefit:

6. Upgrade one or more YUL-CDG-YUL flights using your new eUpgrade credits.

Also, think about your flying patterns between now and Feb 29, 2012. Would you like to have the eUpgrade credits for another trip instead?
Old Sep 6, 11, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC Altitude 100K, QF Gold, SPG Platinum 100, Hilton HHonours Diamond
I clicked over 100,000 miles early last month on a trans Tasman NZ flight. Just received my shiny new SE package in the post. So excited - first time being SE. I did not select the 50% E bonus back in January (my bad) and was pleasantly surprised to find that all AC flights this year were given a retroactive 100% bonus (about 87,000 extra in total). Wooo Hooo!!!
Old Sep 6, 11, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by zorn View Post
We couldn't possibly know one way or another.

"Worth" is up to you.

You would need to weigh the cost of the MR versus the following guaranteed benefits:

1. Access to exec check-in.
2. Increased baggage allowance.
3. Lounge access at YUL and CDG
4. Priority boarding (and security if offered at YUL and CDG)
5. Wider selection of seats to pre-request

and the following highly valuable but not guaranteed benefit:

6. Upgrade one or more YUL-CDG-YUL flights using your new eUpgrade credits.

Also, think about your flying patterns between now and Feb 29, 2012. Would you like to have the eUpgrade credits for another trip instead?
Thank you zorn.
About the benefits :
1,3 : already have it with Amex Aeroplan Platinum
2 : enough with Prestige for the moment

In fact two things are valuable : the possibility of upgrade (I do have 20 e-upgrade credit but it's useless with Prestige as I never buy expensive flexible Y/B ticket) and the bonus miles (50% instead of 25%, it definitly would worth it if they gave bonus for all 2011 miles, but I wont count on it...)
And I will definitly fly transatlantic (or maybe transpacific...) between now and Feb 29, 2012...
Old Sep 9, 11, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager View Post

Finally...
I found a good value MR so I'll fly October 3-4, should be ok for early Elite.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...rn-3-6cpm.html
Old Sep 10, 11, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Fairmont Platinum
Flew my 95th segment Wednesday night, and my status changed to SE today - very excited...it has been a goal for quite a while! I did choose the 100% bonus and I'll be keen to see if, as some others have experienced, the benefit is retroactive in place of the previous 50%.

A question for those who have gone through this early qualification before. I believe I've read that it may be worth calling in to flag the status change for some upcoming reservations that were made when I was E? Should I assume that it doesn't change in the AC system automatically?
Old Sep 10, 11, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by politico_pk View Post
A question for those who have gone through this early qualification before. I believe I've read that it may be worth calling in to flag the status change for some upcoming reservations that were made when I was E? Should I assume that it doesn't change in the AC system automatically?
Usually the reservation displays the status you had when you made the booking. Therefore some folks argue one should delete and re-enter the Aeroplan number when you´ve earnt a higher status. IMO there´s not a huge advantage to it, but if you need to call AC anyway you could just tell them to update the reservations at the same time.

Search this Thread