Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry to bother but was reading this as thinking of moving over from ua 1k to ac..

what are the upgrades for-only domestic?or can they be used on international?
also,does anyone know about status matches?
Upgrade points can be used for domestic or interntional. Number of points to redeem will depend on fare class and distance. AC does not status match.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Gold
I obtained AC E in August 2011 (35k). So I will be an AC E from August 2011 up until the end of 2012.

Question though, will any additional miles I earn after 35k in 2011 be counted towards my Elite Status next year for 2013?

Do I need 35k in 2012 for 2013 Elite and so on?

Slightly confused.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MMEtoYYZ
I obtained AC E in August 2011 (35k). So I will be an AC E from August 2011 up until the end of 2012.

Question though, will any additional miles I earn after 35k in 2011 be counted towards my Elite Status next year for 2013?

Do I need 35k in 2012 for 2013 Elite and so on?

Slightly confused.
Your status will be valid until Feb. 28, 2013.
Your status miles balance will be reset to 0 on Jan. 1, 2012.
You´ll need to nearn 35k miles in 2012 to earn Elite status for the following membership year (March 1, 2013 - Feb. 28, 2014)
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
by becoming elite i think that means he now gets a 50% mile bonus?
(on ac,us,ua,con) is this affected by fare class?
Old Aug 28, 2011, 1:05 am

how fast does everything post?

if i fly on thursday night and land friday morning any chance my flight activity posting by the sat/sun sweep? if it will then ill become elite on sunday then how long till i can make my selections? and once i make my selections for eupgrade credits how long till the eupgrades post?

thanks for taking the time to answer
Old Aug 28, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ejgreenwald
if i fly on thursday night and land friday morning any chance my flight activity posting by the sat/sun sweep? if it will then ill become elite on sunday then how long till i can make my selections? and once i make my selections for eupgrade credits how long till the eupgrades post?

It will be VERY tight. I find it's usually 48 hours to post miles from AC flights. I wouldn't count on getting recognized for the current week.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: *G

AP will show your status as E immediately you cross 35K (not a Sat/Sun sweep issue), but from my experience it is now always 3 days for miles to post, so for a Thu flight, Sun is the the earliest it will show. Also from our experience, it takes about 10 days for the email to arrive to select your benefits, along with an email awarding your 20K threshold ecredits. So if you refresh your AP number on a flight booking once AP shows E, it will be reflected on your boarding pass, but the rest will take longer.

In any event, keep an eye on the AC and AP websites, since things may in fact be shown there (threshold ecredits and ability to choose benefits) before you receive the emails.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: AC E35/BA Bronze
AP/Star Recognition

Hitting my travel stride this year with AP but was wondering about a couple of things because of my travel patterns; I don't always fly AC but usually always fly Star Alliance partners.

I currently have 30k status points, will be over 35k by the end of the week and was trying to figure out if I can get any status from Star Alliance if I continue to rack up the points this year? There is an outside chance that I won't have collect the full status this year with AP, even though I've racked up quite a few.

A friend of mine offered to help on his upcoming trip to Europe as he'll be flying AC but I was wondering if this is an o.k/legit thing to do?

Cheers!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by yxxmike
Hitting my travel stride this year with AP but was wondering about a couple of things because of my travel patterns; I don't always fly AC but usually always fly Star Alliance partners.

I currently have 30k status points, will be over 35k by the end of the week and was trying to figure out if I can get any status from Star Alliance if I continue to rack up the points this year? There is an outside chance that I won't have collect the full status this year with AP, even though I've racked up quite a few.

A friend of mine offered to help on his upcoming trip to Europe as he'll be flying AC but I was wondering if this is an o.k/legit thing to do?

Cheers!
Not sure what you mean by 'help'? If your plan is to get your friend to 'credit' you status miles, that will not work as status miles are only awarded to the travelling passenger for miles actually flown (Status miles = BIS =Butt in seat)
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum, etc.
...I don't always fly AC but usually always fly Star Alliance partners.

I currently have 30k status points, will be over 35k by the end of the week and was trying to figure out if I can get any status from Star Alliance if I continue to rack up the points this year? There is an outside chance that I won't have collect the full status this year with AP, even though I've racked up quite a few....
Just looking at this, a reminder that when you get Elite with AC/AP you will have *A Gold. Getting SuperElite does not add to that in any way, it's just a nicer time next time you're flying AC - priority check-in and upgrades basically.

But it takes 100K AIS miles (AIS = Montreal translation of YukonYXY's 'BIS' ) to get to Super. I take it you're referring to SuperElite when you say 'the full status this year'.

I don't understand what you mean by 'friend helping out' either.

Last edited by accha; Aug 30, 2011 at 5:35 pm Reason: readability
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Hopefully you are aware of AE's new requirements this year. Need a min of 5 segments or 10K miles on AC metal to get status with AC.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
Elite At Last

Landed Saturday afternoon and started refreshing the Aeroplan site every 10 minutes on Monday...

Miles posted this morning, now I am elite for the first time

Fingers crossed for my YVR-LHR upgrade in October...
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:47 pm

I'm flying YYZ-CDG on Oct 13th (arriving on the 14th, which is a Friday). This flight will put me past 35k and get me early recognition.

My question is: will this be processed by Aeroplan in time for me to select my benefits and use the upgrade for my flight back to YYZ on the 24th?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 2:37 pm

Made it to Elite for the very first time! I previously had no status until I made Prestige last year on segments and now I'm looking forward to Elite and *G for my upcoming travel. I have to say I've learned a lot from this forum and I'm sure I still have a lot to learn about lounges and upgrades
Old Aug 31, 2011, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

Had you read the earlier posts you would have found the answer, and ways to speed your selection process. But since you didn't...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.