Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by twine29
Thanks so much for the help YQMer

If I hit 40K miles this year do I also get the Threshold upgrades or does that only happen at 55K? (35K +20K threshold)
You get your threshold upgrades at 20 40 60 80 100 120 etc.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:35 pm

Thanks so much for the help YQMer

If I hit 40K miles this year do I also get the Threshold upgrades or does that only happen at 55K? (35K +20K threshold)
I made it to Elite with 35,100 miles last week. In addition to receiving the option to select benefits, I also received an email confirming the threshold bonus for hitting 20K. Presumably I'll get another of those emails when I hit 40K. In other words, once you hit Elite, AC seems to instantly give you threshold bonus credit for all miles during the year starting at 0, not at 35K.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
Just logged into Aeroplan after completing a survey (not sure what the point of it was). Was please to notice that Aeroplan gave me a nice gift during the weekend sweeps, it seems the swapped out my 50% Elite flight bonuses for the year and provided me with 100% Super Elite flight bonuses (or something close). I certainly wasn't expecting that 50K extra miles in my account.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC 100KSE
Originally Posted by lynchpin_yyz
Just logged into Aeroplan after completing a survey (not sure what the point of it was). Was please to notice that Aeroplan gave me a nice gift during the weekend sweeps, it seems the swapped out my 50% Elite flight bonuses for the year and provided me with 100% Super Elite flight bonuses (or something close). I certainly wasn't expecting that 50K extra miles in my account.
Do you mean they retro'd the 100% bonus to include the Elite travel? Interested because next trip pushes me over...
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by yyj9
Do you mean they retro'd the 100% bonus to include the Elite travel? Interested because next trip pushes me over...
Yup, I haven't done the complete math, but that's what it appears. On July 31 I had a whole bunch of Super Elite Bonuses that seemed to align with a number of trips I'd taken in the first half of the year.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Total newbie to the forums. Great stuff. Due to a recent job I've done a bunch of travel and will reach *P in August and probably *E in September.
Just remember, no Instant Prestige, just Instant Elite (and SE), so don't expect anything until September.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I experienced the same thing going to P to E earlier this year, although the bump was only 25% vs 50% not 50% vs 100%.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Wow, that's very surprising. Would not have expected that.

So does that mean that someone who chose 50% bonus for his Elite benefit, and then does not choose 100% bonus for early SE qualification, gets his bonus clawed back?

Congratulations!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Wow, that's very surprising. Would not have expected that.

So does that mean that someone who chose 50% bonus for his Elite benefit, and then does not choose 100% bonus for early SE qualification, gets his bonus clawed back?

Congratulations!
I don't believe so, since when I got the additional Elite bonus in this fashion they were just posted in conjunction from my Prestige bonus miles. With the bonus status miles, they actually remove them from your account before posting the new ones.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 4:01 am

Programs: AC SE, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Swisshotel
As of August 1st i have qualified for Super Elite 2012

Now i'll move over to Miles and More and work on gaining better status there also!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Just wondering, what is the average CPM for people qualifying this year

I requalified with 35176 Miles @ $5,207 for a CPM of 0.15
Old Aug 4, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
I've requalified for SE at roughly 0.40 CPM, 95% confirmed J.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a question for those of you that got early E qualification. If you chose the 50% bonus miles, were those miles retroactive to your first miles? (I'm wondering if lynchin_yyz got his miles because he had chosen 50% bonus miles before.) I have 2 friends that will be getting E for the first time, but won't probably won't fly much for the rest of the year, so if miles are not retroactive, I won't recommend this benefit for them.

TIA
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:07 am

MG, I'm almost sure it's not retroactive. They weren't Elite earlier in the year, why would they think they will get 50% bonus for miles they flew before achieving elite?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's why I was so surprised that lynchpin_yyz's bonus was retroactive ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.